Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Gove on LBC this morning claiming that he has also, on occasions, gone on a drive to check his eyesight.

Politicians lying or being monumentally thick isn't limited to any one party, but the fact grown adults (the people running the country no less) are saying this with a straight face is incredible.

• Members

The more politicians come out and try to address him the more this car crash just grows and grows, they’re losing credibility and integrity every time they come out and defend him .

What an utter shit show.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Time will tell

Just quoting what he said

I find myself punting for him, hoping that he is authentic

"I want to believe it, so I will"

• Site Supporter

It’s done and dusted.

He won’t resign, he won’t be sacked.

They obviously value his input so much that they’re willing to look like slack-jawed, sycophantic morons on tv interviews all day. Though that input seems to have been average at best.

Or he has so much dirt on them all that they are scared shitless.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Indeed.

Had a conversation with the PM, but neither of us can remember it as we were both spaced out.

10 Minutes later drive 300 miles.

Whats not to believe ?

That's not correct.

He didn't inform the pm before going. Only some time later once there.

He did suggest that reporters could use phone records and CCTV to check his movements- which no doubt some will- so his tale is plausible.

However, it's not justified.

• Site Supporter

Gove has just said that he “sometimes tests his eyesight by going. For. A. Drive”

Now, I haven’t. But before I start to point out that this is a slightly odd and - in my humble opinion- dangerous activity, do any of you lot do it?

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Really? So you don’t agree the ‘eye test’ is solid gold bullshit then?

As I said- you could be correct. Did you miss that bit?

However, making something up which is arguably a worse action isn't the brightest thing to do, is it?

I also know the area fairly well- it's one of the finest areas of England and is quite easy to get away from crowds and find a quiet beauty spot, which he will know, so again if his aim was to go for a jolly, then why go one of the biggest places around?

I reckon he probably was being truthful; but that then casts doubt on his attitude and approach to his recovery and getting back to work.

Cuntish in fact.

And he should still go.

• Members
1 minute ago, Spider said:

Gove has just said that he “sometimes tests his eyesight by going. For. A. Drive”

Now, I haven’t. But before I start to point out that this is a slightly odd and - in my humble opinion- dangerous activity, do any of you lot do it?

I just rock up to manny airport and have a go of a jumbo jet whenever I need to test mine

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

No, but I reckon our Amir might.

Since I've had to start wearing specs, I have found myself on occasions, doing a number plate read like they do on your driving test.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

He's definitely come up with that on the hop, look at his fucking face as he's spinning that yarn. We're living in mental times.

May as well give up on taking the piss out of the foreigners for suggesting people inject Dettol now as well, our own lot are going down a similar rabbit hole.

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

"I want to believe it, so I will"

Do you?

I’m not so sure, personally

I mean, each to their own and all that....

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Do you?

I’m not so sure, personally

I mean, each to their own and all that....

no

I'm not sure we need to wait for the "truth" to come out, I think we know what didn't happen

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

He's definitely come up with that on the hop, look at his fucking face as he's spinning that yarn. We're living in mental times.

May as well give up on taking the piss out of the foreigners for suggesting people inject Dettol now as well, our own lot are going down a similar rabbit hole.

there looks to be a correlation between rising death tolls and actions / words of those in charge

US, UK, Brazil

I fully expect those 3 to top the death leagues when all this is through 

• Site Supporter
Just now, ZicoKelly said:

there looks to be a correlation between rising death tolls and actions / words of those in charge

US, UK, Brazil

I fully expect those 3 to top the death leagues when all this is through 

Oi

You’ll upset Mounts with your macabre, joyous revelling in the dead.

A Conservative MP has resigned this morning

"I have constituents who didn't get to say goodbye to loved ones;  people who didn't visit sick relatives because they followed the guidance of the government."

"I cannot in good faith tell them they were all wrong and one senior adviser to the government was right."

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's not correct.

He didn't inform the pm before going. Only some time later once there.

He did suggest that reporters could use phone records and CCTV to check his movements- which no doubt some will- so his tale is plausible.

However, it's not justified.

Sorry.

I spoke to the Prime minister, but we were both spaced out ,and neither of us can remember it.

I then drove to the hospital to pick my son up,despite being unable to leave my bed,  because Taxis have not been invented in the North East yet.

21 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

Somewhere in the extremes of politics, the totalitarianism of the old USSR joins up with fascist ideology so it's more of an ideological circle than left and right.

Both the Nazis and the totalitarian Russian version of Communism controlled the media, eliminated (murdered?) opponents and brutally suppressed objectors - practically the same thing.

Not quite sure as to how that fits in with bringing down the establishment 

Also bordering on the conspiracy theory crank shite that’s becoming more prevalent