Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Out on my daily walk, traffic at around 50% for a Sunday, not many chavs or locals about, either they are attending a protest or the weather isn't at the suns out guns out stage. 

Be interesting to see the infection and death toll today, last couple of Sundays it been low.

I think, at this stage, the daily infection rate  is the better indicator.

And, perhaps, wha is enabling more activity.

Everyday the news i see from England totally confirms the decision to move permanately to Spain 14 months ago was  100 0/0 the right one. Spain has dealt with the virus so much better than the uk. What a bloody mess the uk are in now second hugh spike on the way. Government in total disaray. Never went into a full lockdown . Never took it seriously, now going to pay the price. Lets all show support for one black guy while totally ignoring the safety of our own lives. Madness.

32 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Everyday the news i see from England totally confirms the decision to move permanately to Spain 14 months ago was  100 0/0 the right one. Spain has dealt with the virus so much better than the uk. What a bloody mess the uk are in now second hugh spike on the way. Government in total disaray. Never went into a full lockdown . Never took it seriously, now going to pay the price. Lets all show support for one black guy while totally ignoring the safety of our own lives. Madness.

I’m watching the unlocking in Spain, the phase 1 to 4 seems very structured and detailed, someone done good work on that over there. Where are you based? 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

42 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Out on my daily walk, traffic at around 50% for a Sunday, not many chavs or locals about, either they are attending a protest or the weather isn't at the suns out guns out stage. 

Be interesting to see the infection and death toll today, last couple of Sundays it been low.

Walked down the canal at 12ish and it was so busy that I thought they were giving out free £10 notes. No objection of people being out together, but there seemed to be a good few separate households who weren’t observing social distancing. However, that doesn’t annoy me anywhere near as much as ignorant fuckers - particularly on bikes - who don’t say thank you when you move over to one side to allow sufficient space to get past each other. Or they carry on walking down the path in a big fucking pack instead of going in single file when walking past others.  

15 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Moan for today 

goes out for a walk why do people insist on walking side by side on small paths when people are oncoming 

Selfish, unthinking, twats

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Cummins got a harder time than those thousands of people yesterday 

Surely not, the BBC are impartial.

As they would say themselves.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m watching the unlocking in Spain, the phase 1 to 4 seems very structured and detailed, someone done good work on that over there. Where are you based? 

About  5 miles from Nerja a in a village. They have dealt really well with it over here. With the majority of cases in Madrid and Barcelona. The vast majority of people have stuck strictly to the imposed lockdown, unlike England. I honestly fear what's going to happen over there now.

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, kent_white said:

R1 has gone above 1 in the north west today - not good

Saw a chap being released from Bolton hospital the other day.

Been in for a couple of months or something like that. Might have been a policeman come to think of it.

A good news story, but one which should be being highlighted to show the dangers of the virus.

Not happening unfortunately.

23 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

About  5 miles from Nerja a in a village. They have dealt really well with it over here. With the majority of cases in Madrid and Barcelona. The vast majority of people have stuck strictly to the imposed lockdown, unlike England. I honestly fear what's going to happen over there now.

I think most folk here have stuck to it, sometimes you get a distorted view of what’s going on from afar. Nerja is lovely, enjoy. Was hoping you was a Costa Blanca white. 😂

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think most folk here have stuck to it, sometimes you get a distorted view of what’s going on from afar. Nerja is lovely, enjoy. Was hoping you was a Costa Blanca white. 😂

Well the thousands that are demonstrating in the cities and many that pack the beaches in England certainly aren't sticking to any lockdown. Second spike in the way, unfortunately. Boris and his pathetic ministers are scared stuff of upsetting anyone by imposing a strict lockdown.

40 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Well the thousands that are demonstrating in the cities and many that pack the beaches in England certainly aren't sticking to any lockdown. Second spike in the way, unfortunately. Boris and his pathetic ministers are scared stuff of upsetting anyone by imposing a strict lockdown.

what day is it ? 

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/no-coronavirus-wont-just-go-away-sars-did-161346

"Given that we do not know how long natural immunity to COVID-19 lasts, nor whether it is capable of blocking infection completely or only symptoms, it’s not clear that SARS-CoV-2 could ever burn itself out. Therefore, our only option remains to suppress COVID-19 as much as possible until we have a safe and effective vaccine available to the masses."

some people seem shit scared that it might not  ever come back. 

theyve gone all in and are trying to bluff folk now. before the "first wave" has even finished, too. 

boris and CO's higgledy piggledy rollercoaster approach knackers these takes even more . 

you cant have a second spike if the first wave never ends completely . 

its over

Edited by e2e4
urls