Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

6 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Not shops are they?  Neither are boozers. 

No but they are clear breeding hotspots for it.

I’d say pubs would be more at risk too with extended visits etc. 

Why on Earth are they targeting shops?

Edited by gonzo

12 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Raised this very issue at weekend on here and got the same responses as you will get. A lot of nonsense basically 

7 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

That we should just focus on our own numbers? How would we know what's a 'good' number and what's a 'bad' one?

Wearing masks, social distancing, test and trace... we're not inventing these things. And they're not coming from Florida or Brazil.

Yes. Focus on getting our own number down. What’s wrong with that?

36 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Raised this very issue at weekend on here and got the same responses as you will get. A lot of nonsense basically 

Might turn out that the masks don't really help but I'm still yet to hear a single reason for not wearing one to the supermarket.

26 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Might turn out that the masks don't really help but I'm still yet to hear a single reason for not wearing one to the supermarket.

other than Esco doesn't want to, because you don't have to wear them to the pub?

For what it's worth, and I think that if the rules are followed, then a pub is a far safer environment than a supermarket with regards to potential transmission.......I think that we should be wearing the masks in supermarkets, and for the time being, the pubs should all be shut down again anyway.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

And why the end of July when this thing has been here since March

Just now, mickbrown said:

That's the weird bit, why it's taken so long, and now they've decided that we do need them.....we still get to go another week or so without them if we want

2 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Tbf advice from WHO at the start was that masks did not make much difference. 
Why you do not need them for another 13 days is the weird one. 
when they announced pubs were closing after a weekend there was a big rush for a last night out. Wonder if loads of people are going to do one last mask free big shop ?? 

On the pub v shops debate the simple answer is you can shop easily with a mask on you can not drink/eat with one on. 

Wonder will the fines apply to people who wear a mask but it does not cover their nose and/or face ? I reckon about 25% of people I see do this. 

28 minutes ago, Sweep said:

other than Esco doesn't want to, because you don't have to wear them to the pub?

For what it's worth, and I think that if the rules are followed, then a pub is a far safer environment than a supermarket with regards to potential transmission.......I think that we should be wearing the masks in supermarkets, and for the time being, the pubs should all be shut down again anyway.

I just think the consistency thing is confusing. I wore one yesterday to nip into the local coop Cos I’m not a cunt and if im told to do it I will do it. 

I just struggle with the shops being riskier than a pub.  And I get you can’t drink or eat with one on. But you are still around lots of people

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I just think the consistency thing is confusing. I wore one yesterday to nip into the local coop Cos I’m not a cunt and if im told to do it I will do it. 

I just struggle with the shops being riskier than a pub.  And I get you can’t drink or eat with one on. But you are still around lots of people

It's not logical is it - should be everywhere inside unless conditions xyz are met really.

21 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Here  Mick, ask Kay Burley why she's slating the Tory lot re the Leicester sweat shops, when the Labour lot have admitted they turned a blind eye to them in fear of being called racist. 

I expect plenty of F words in your reply twatty 😂😂👍

3 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

It's not logical is it - should be everywhere inside unless conditions xyz are met really.

Aye. The notion that it’s less risky to sit in a shithole Wetherspoons surrounded by pisspots compared to a quick leg it round Waitrose is frankly fucking ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Here  Mick, ask Kay Burley why she's slating the Tory lot re the Leicester sweat shops, when the Labour lot have admitted they turned a blind eye to them in fear of being called racist. 

I expect plenty of F words in your reply twatty 😂😂👍

Ask Kay Burley? Like I have a direct line to her?

‘Fraid not cunty bollox😀👍

5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Aye. The notion that it’s less risky to sit in a shithole Wetherspoons surrounded by pisspots compared to a quick leg it round Waitrose is frankly fucking ridiculous. 

I went to 3 pubs over the weekend - 1 was serving from a barn where literally one side of the room was open to the outside,  and most of the tables and chairs were outside, another had the front door open, and orders had to be placed at the door, and all drunk outside under a canopy, and the other was table service all drinking outside. fuck knows what they're going to do in the winter - might have to get used to having a pint in the freezing cold, under a brolly with ski jackets on.

Edited by peelyfeet