Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Just now, waffer cup 07 said:

Feel sorry for anyone on holiday in Spain now thinking they were ok to start work again when they return, now potentially missing two weeks pay. Only yesterday uk government updated  their list of counties it was safe to travel too. Spain was on that list. Yet another cock up in a long list of cock ups. Well done Boris.

Tell you what let’s ignore the fact there is a huge surge in cases In Spain and bash on 👍🏼  In fact let’s all turn off the news forget this thing exists and crack on. Let’s pretend it’s been a practice exercise and it’s not really happened.  Might book myself a week in Spain next week on that basis. 

how anyone can say this is a cock up beggars belief. This is precisely what we should be doing.
It’s a fine balancing act. The continued existence of the UK Travel industry and public health. An unenviable task. But of course it’s the fault of boris 😂😂

6 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Feel sorry for anyone on holiday in Spain now thinking they were ok to start work again when they return, now potentially missing two weeks pay. Only yesterday uk government updated  their list of counties it was safe to travel too. Spain was on that list. Yet another cock up in a long list of cock ups. Well done Boris.

Quite a bizarre comment 

You might feel differently if you went on holiday last week feeling quite safe that on your return to Uk you could return to work and not lose two weeks pay because you had to isolate. Like i said yesterday the list of safe countries was revised and Spain was on it. So what has changed so dramatically in 24 hrs.

If I’m having to point that out its worrying. Anyone goes on holiday at the moment does so knowing the risks attached. If they don’t know the inherent risk then they shouldn’t be going anywhere other than an accompanied special needs holiday anyway. 

Just now, miamiwhite said:

Spot on mate.....but let's blame our lot for the quick decision. You honestly can't do right for doing wrong with some folk on here.

It’s predictable to be fair in reality. 

im not saying folk shouldn’t be going on holiday. It’s a personal choice but the risks are clear and will for the foreseeable and your should do so with open eyes. 

I’m away to Thailand in December and as it stands I’m in quarantine when I get back and not covered for it on my insurance. I know the risk. I decide at that point whether I go or not. 

Spain went from 300 odd deaths a day to zero overnight as summer started. 

Fucking mental if you went there expecting it to be corona free. 

As it stands I've decided not to bother with a foreign holiday, not through fear of the virus but because of all the shite changes and uncertainty you deal with. 

Stories of nowt open in airports, masks on a plane, no trolley service and no idea of what's open in resorts now means I'm not planning a family holiday any time soon. 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

If I’m having to point that out its worrying. Anyone goes on holiday at the moment does so knowing the risks attached. If they don’t know the inherent risk then they shouldn’t be going anywhere other than an accompanied special needs holiday anyway. 

That’s it though, the risk in going to parts of Spain  is a lot less than going to Parts of England. People keep saying there is a risk going abroad, yet we are living in a country that many on here have happily pointed out day in day out is the worst in Europe and one of the worst in the world. 

1 minute ago, royal white said:

That’s it though, the risk in going to parts of Spain  is a lot less than going to Parts of England. People keep saying there is a risk going abroad, yet we are living in a country that many on here have happily pointed out day in day out is the worst in Europe and one of the worst in the world. 

And would you go to these parts of England? Would you go boozing in Blackburn tomorrow? Weekend in Leicester? Answer would be no mate. 

7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Precisely. Haven’t been away for months and when lockdown ended, the wife and I spoke about going to see the parents in Spain - where we can effectively isolate with them.  We decided not to, because (risks at the airport / on the plane aside) we didn’t want to risk the travel advice changing whilst we were there, leaving us stranded or facing quarantine on our return.

Just now, Escobarp said:

And would you go to these parts of England? Would you go boozing in Blackburn tomorrow? Weekend in Leicester? Answer would be no mate. 

No but I would booze in Liverpool and Manchester. Massive areas of Spain are doing fine. 

And it’s not just spain, people are saying it’s risky to take a foreign holiday. Why? 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Came through Gretna earlier. I know Nicola released lockdown there a couple of weeks back, but I drove through repidly and said we're not stopping.  :)

Just now, Jol_BWFC said:

Precisely. Haven’t been away for months and when lockdown ended, the wife and I spoke about going to see the parents in Spain - where we can effectively isolate with them.  We decided not to, because (risks at the airport / on the plane aside) we didn’t want to risk the travel advice changing whilst we were there, leaving us stranded or facing quarantine on our return.

Absolutely spot on fella.

The risk of travel advice changing is high on the list. COVID19 is that scary, it can and is changing daily. I love my travel to foreign shores but won't even contemplate at present.

On a separate issue, have you heard from NiC recently ? Am genuinely worried about him and hope he's ok 👍🙏

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Came through Gretna earlier. I know Nicola released lockdown there a couple of weeks back, but I drove through repidly and said we're not stopping.  :)

She released the ban on quarantine from Spain yesterday. Today she’s reinstated it. 

she now looks really stupid. She isn’t going to have given anyone political ammunition for no reason. If she’s brought it back in the day after it ended here there is perceived to be an issue. She’s ultra cautious. People have been giving her curds it for her handling (care homes aside) so they also need to look and say that’s been done for a pretty good reason today. We might not all like it but that’s irrelevant 

is that you up for your holiday now mate?

Edited by Escobarp

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Only because you didn't want to get married again 😂

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, waffer cup 07 said:

So no know seems to be able to justify the total change of mind on travel to Spain in 24 hrs. Unless its all the ;Brits on holiday bringing the infection with them, from Blackbuen Pendle Hynburn and Leciester.

Did the govt react fast enough initially and lockdown in good time?

5 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

So no know seems to be able to justify the total change of mind on travel to Spain in 24 hrs. Unless its all the ;Brits on holiday bringing the infection with them, from Blackbuen Pendle Hynburn and Leciester.

Stop race baiting....you know full well what has caused the problems in those areas, as it has been clearly highlighted in every media outlet