Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Cheese said:

*advice
*advice
*advice

"I'll not listen to our governments advise as from all available information it’s a load of bollocks." Not surprising that you only believe "alternative" information when it affects your holiday.

Mounts has form for saying things like "politicians lie/fudge the truth, I couldn't give a fuck" when it suits his argument on a given day.

This is one of those occasions. Because he wants a holiday.

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Mounts has form for saying things like "politicians lie/fudge the truth, I couldn't give a fuck" when it suits his argument on a given day.

This is one of those occasions. Because he wants a holiday.

I’ll use my judgement and when I think the advise is bollocks I reserve the right within reason and observing the law to decide for myself.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ll use my judgement and when I think the advise is bollocks I reserve the right within reason and law to decide for myself.

It's not advice, it's a rule given by the government. Travelling in the first place is against "advice":

What are the quarantine rules?

Travellers from affected countries - including UK nationals - are asked to provide an address where they will self-isolate for 14 days. They can be fined £100 for failing to fill in a form with these details.

One in five eligible passengers will be called or texted to check they are following the rules.

People who do not self-isolate can be fined up to £1,000 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and those returning to Scotland could be fined £480, with fines up to £5,000 for persistent offenders.

Passengers should drive in their own car to their destination, where possible. If they don't provide an address, the government will arrange accommodation at the traveller's expense.

Once at their destination, they must not use public transport or taxis during the quarantine period. They must also not go to work, school, or public areas, or have visitors except for essential support.

Not are they allowed to go out to buy food, or other essentials, if they can rely on others.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

It's not advice, it's a rule given by the government. Travelling in the first place is against "advice":

What are the quarantine rules?

Travellers from affected countries - including UK nationals - are asked to provide an address where they will self-isolate for 14 days. They can be fined £100 for failing to fill in a form with these details.

One in five eligible passengers will be called or texted to check they are following the rules.

People who do not self-isolate can be fined up to £1,000 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and those returning to Scotland could be fined £480, with fines up to £5,000 for persistent offenders.

Passengers should drive in their own car to their destination, where possible. If they don't provide an address, the government will arrange accommodation at the traveller's expense.

Once at their destination, they must not use public transport or taxis during the quarantine period. They must also not go to work, school, or public areas, or have visitors except for essential support.

Not are they allowed to go out to buy food, or other essentials, if they can rely on others.

Did you miss my comment “within the law” 

6 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

except for everyone on the plane with you, everyone in 2 airports with you, yea no one at risk at all

They chose to be there just like me. And I know I’ve not got it as I’ve been tested twice. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They chose to be there just like me. And I know I’ve not got it as I’ve been tested twice. 

So you will quarantine for 2 weeks when you return from Spain? Because if not, the people you come into contact with in your local shop, or on the golf course, didn't "choose" to be put at risk so you could top up your tan. Nor did their elderly relatives.

Edited by Cheese

6 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

Maybe the people in the airport are not coming from a CV19 infected place, but hi fuck it I want to go to Spain so I will,

Just like folk here in the U.K. want go for a pint In a pub a bite to eat in a restaurant or a coffee, all allowed but at a risk of catching the virus, unless you don’t do any of these lock  yourself away at home, then you need to pipe down and same for knob cheese. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just like folk here in the U.K. want go for a pint In a pub a bite to eat in a restaurant or a coffee, all allowed but at a risk of catching the virus, unless you don’t do any of these lock  yourself away at home, then you need to pipe down and same for knob cheese. 

the Gov as not mandated a 14 day quarantine for pubs, restaurants have they ?, Spain they have 

49 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

the Gov as not mandated a 14 day quarantine for pubs, restaurants have they ?, Spain they have 

You are still putting folk at risk if you are visiting pubs, restaurants, shops etc, hope you're a good boy and not putting folk at risk. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 hours ago, Spider said:

I suppose it's a bit like getting a divorce but still popping round for a shag when you feel like it.

Your confusion probably kicks my hysteria (::lol::) into a cocked hat. Cos you are well baffled.

Anyway, how are you rating the government handling of the pandemic now they're being over cautious? 7/10

You seem to have forgotten  the great business deals I mentioned on the correct thread the other week. 

You also seem to act like a right smug cunt on here yet claim patriotism elsewhere,  I'll ask you this ....you take the piss re the fish etc hardly being worth a wank, but why is it such a major issue for the EU  ?  

Please don't quote what the fish are worth as we know that already, please explain why it's such a big deal for the EU  ?

2 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Passports will be made in France - they will be bleu though!

If the Government keeps to its committments (unlikely) they will have to make up the shortfall in Wales, NI and Scotland.  Add to that our much reduced GDP and there won't be any savings from our contributions to the EU🤪

Let's hope those incoming Hong Kong immigrants want to work in hospitals and care homes.

And we have another gobshite with a crystal ball.....go to the correct thread and I'll wipe the floor with you.

17 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

You seem to have forgotten  the great business deals I mentioned on the correct thread the other week. 

You also seem to act like a right smug cunt on here yet claim patriotism elsewhere,  I'll ask you this ....you take the piss re the fish etc hardly being worth a wank, but why is it such a major issue for the EU  ?  

Please don't quote what the fish are worth as we know that already, please explain why it's such a big deal for the EU  ?

The thing is nobody from either side can explain it - let's be honest, we know it's hardly worth a wank in the grand scheme of things, both sides are fighting over it, but neither side can explain why they're bothered about it. It's just another bargaining chip, that people seem to be very emotive about. It's like Blue Passports, people really say they want them, but cant give a proper reason why

• Site Supporter

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

The thing is nobody from either side can explain it - let's be honest, we know it's hardly worth a wank in the grand scheme of things, both sides are fighting over it, but neither side can explain why they're bothered about it. It's just another bargaining chip, that people seem to be very emotive about. It's like Blue Passports, people really say they want them, but cant give a proper reason why

Careful Sweep. You're posting these opinions in the wrong thread. I suggest you go to the 'correct' thread, where miami will "wipe the floor with you" by posting irrelevant tweets from Far-Right twitter accounts.

• Site Supporter

I changed my mind on brexit just like Mounts is now changing his mind on the governments coronavirus response, which he had previously defended (especially Cummings trip to Barnard Castle).

Its ok to change your mind. But just be honest about your reasons.

I no longer like Brexit because it fucked me Before it even got going.

Mounts no longer likes Boris because he’s telling him to quarantine when he doesn’t think he should.

Its a sign of a healthy mind, and I’m proud of Mounts for his volte-face. Shows he’s capable of independent thought. 😁

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

but you don't know they've not got it

you could catch it en route, whilst there, or on the way back

10 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Same here, the numbers are minuscule pal, but both sides are finding it a real sticking point.

49 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

but you don't know they've not got it

you could catch it en route, whilst there, or on the way back

Aye I could, that’s why I’ll have a test when I get home. No one can guarantee that you’ll not catch it over on the U.K. and that’s the point really, folk here are in the pub, in the gym, having a meal going for a coffee and given our higher infection rates it’s more likely you’ll catch it here than where I’m going in Spain. Yet I’m the pond life for taking my family to a location that’s safer than where we live. Oh well, needs must. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Aye I could, that’s why I’ll have a test when I get home. No one can guarantee that you’ll not catch it over on the U.K. and that’s the point really, folk here are in the pub, in the gym, having a meal going for a coffee and given our higher infection rates it’s more likely you’ll catch it here than where I’m going in Spain. Yet I’m the pond life for taking my family to a location that’s safer than where we live. Oh well, needs must. 

Jesus you’re such a drama queen.

Just say you want a holiday and everyone can fuck off. That’s what I’d do.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

What’s drama queen about that statement? 

I’m not wiping your arse for you.

just go on holiday and stop giving a fuck what we all think you massive fanny