Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

14 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I agree, allowing people to WFH permanently means the employees can be anywhere in the world.....so why bother having Europeans on high wages, when you can employ people on the sub-continent on less than half that wage. It works for the call centres already, and I know there is talk that some will come back to the UK, but believe me, they'll all soon be headed back over there 

Because Europeans know the legislation specific to their country, are native speakers/writers of their language and spend 8 years putting right the almighty fuck-ups that the cheap labour have made.

20 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I agree, allowing people to WFH permanently means the employees can be anywhere in the world.....so why bother having Europeans on high wages, when you can employ people on the sub-continent on less than half that wage. It works for the call centres already, and I know there is talk that some will come back to the UK, but believe me, they'll all soon be headed back over there 

AI is even cheaper. Machines and software will do more of the work. I have to contact BT multiple times a day - some of the stuff I used to have to speak to folk in India about, is now done by a machine. I can get a machine to raise a fault,  test and sometimes fix a faulty line, read updates from engineers to me, carry out a survey for example. 

Edited by peelyfeet

1 minute ago, Spider said:

I worked on the BSF schools and I do know that the budgets ended up cut to the bone and things like ventilation went from state of the art down to “open a fckin window” on some sites.

Yep, totally right. The regulations remain, the CO2 requirements were made more stringent in 2017

2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

If you can do your work from home, then your company might outsource your job to India, for example.

Maybe - but if it's a cost thing (and it probably is) then being able to save on estates might just tip the balance in favour of UK workers. 

Just an idea really! :)

49 minutes ago, Spider said:

Single figure deaths for almost every day of the last 2 weeks.

This second peak doesn't exist.

Back to school, and quit whining you workshy lumps of shitty shit.

I’m still betting everybody a pint that the MPs aren’t back in any time fucking soon. 

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Just read the same thing.

whod have thunked it :) 

Saw the two women this morning live. There's bound to be a touch of concern amongst all parents, however slight; but listening to the two screeching suggested something political was afoot. 

Not the first time the bbc has done this with interviewees, dont help themselves. 

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Saw the two women this morning live. There's bound to be a touch of concern amongst all parents, however slight; but listening to the two screeching suggested something political was afoot. 

Not the first time the bbc has done this with interviewees, dont help themselves. 

BBC know exactly what they are doing with these people and exactly who they are. Let’s not get confused and think this is a mistake. This is the bbc using itself for political purpose. Plain and simple. 

53 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Just read the same thing.

whod have thunked it :) 

Have you watched it? The mums weren't portrayed by the BBC as normal mums they were both introduced as leaders of campaigns to let parents decide if their kids should return to school, before they spoke. 

They faced contrary info in the segment from the presenter who also mentioned stats stating the overwhelming view of parents snd scientists is they want kids to return, and 

I don't get this constant BBC bashing. There's been loads of bbc segments about re-opening, and there are some parents concerned, so if the BBC are going to cover different view points theyre bound to get people like this on.

Edited by peelyfeet

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

BBC know exactly what they are doing with these people and exactly who they are. Let’s not get confused and think this is a mistake. This is the bbc using itself for political purpose. Plain and simple. 

If it had been a one off you could understand if they didn't know. Unfortunately, its not, and even if its not institutionalised, there does seem to be individuals not doing research or more insidiously ignoring or looking for such folk.

A very dangerous game if they're looking to use themselves as a political tool.

8 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Have you watched it? The mums weren't portrayed by the BBC as normal mums they were both introduced as leaders of campaigns to let parents decide if their kids should return to school, before they spoke. 

They faced contrary info in the segment from the presenter who also mentioned stats stating the overwhelming view of parents snd scientists is they want kids to return, and 

I don't get this constant BBC bashing. There's been loads of bbc segments about re-opening, and there are some parents concerned, so if the BBC are going to cover different view points theyre bound to get people like this on.

Correct. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Generally I'd agree, however this has happened more than once, and it quickly moved away from concern over the virus to government bashing.

Yes, the interviewer pointed out certain inconsistencies, however they carried on with their rhetoric. It actually does harm to the schools, as they women didn't refer to their efforts and precautions in respons to guidelines, nor the ability of heads to make decisions pertinent to their individual school.

In the end it just stirs up concerns and hassle. Serves no purpose whatsoever, other than helping make the worst of the situation. 

• Moderators

At some point the beeb will get blamed for the 50k deaths

Bozo today trying to make something out of the 'banning' of RB and LOHAG

not banned at all

Tory leadership are out of their depth thrashing about blaming everyone but themselves

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Generally I'd agree, however this has happened more than once, and it quickly moved away from concern over the virus to government bashing.

Yes, the interviewer pointed out certain inconsistencies, however they carried on with their rhetoric. It actually does harm to the schools, as they women didn't refer to their efforts and precautions in respons to guidelines, nor the ability of heads to make decisions pertinent to their individual school.

In the end it just stirs up concerns and hassle. Serves no purpose whatsoever, other than helping make the worst of the situation. 

I get that. I'm criticising the guido fawkes article saying they were normal mums, making out like the BBC try to trick people, and that they only show one point of view. Its bollocks. Go on YouTube, type in "bbc covid school" and see what comes up. All sorts.

It's always seems to be websites that are massively biased in one way or another that criticise the Beeb. I think we're lucky to have them. Thank God we don't have CNN / Fox.

Edited by peelyfeet

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

I get that. I'm criticising the guido fawkes article saying they were normal mums, making out like the BBC try to trick people, and that they only show one point of view. Its bollocks. Go on YouTube, type in "bbc covid school" and see what comes up. All sorts.

It's always seems to be websites that are massively biased in one way or another that criticise the Beeb. I think we're lucky to have them. Thank God we don't have CNN / Fox.

Aye, in fairness they do generally put different points of view across. Just recently though, with the virus still lurking, more factual reporting wouldn’t go amiss. Like you do one here.

Look to help those that are concerned (I share some of them) and help get the country moving again, safely. The interview did nothing towards that- was a soap box for activists.

We've seen reports from schools and their preparations before: keep them coming, and perhaps do a piece with some concerned parents being taken around a school having their concerns addressed.