Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Blondi said:

Schools will reopen in September/October,  kids need to get back to education and their parents back to work, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if pubs closed at the expense of schools reopening.

I’m hearing a lot of Teachers are still not having it and the unions are going to oppose it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't see that happening. I mean the union's might oppose it but I think most teachers want to be in, were in anyway, and the schools I know of are all opening to all years, maybe with one extra inset day to learn how the new set up will work.

Obviously Boris may change all this yet anyway but the teachers I know all want to be back in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The unions will have fucking blood on their hands if they try and keep schools closed.

Anyway, I went for a test yesterday and am negative. Where are these bastard antibody tests?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I’m hearing a lot of Teachers are still not having it and the unions are going to oppose it

They come back to work or pay them sick pay, that will do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ex_midlandwhite said:

I just don't see that happening. I mean the union's might oppose it but I think most teachers want to be in, were in anyway, and the schools I know of are all opening to all years, maybe with one extra inset day to learn how the new set up will work.

Obviously Boris may change all this yet anyway but the teachers I know all want to be back in. 

The source that told me directly is close to central government and his business is education.

I’m not saying it will effectively happen but the info is credible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spider said:

Mine are long gone

When the apocalypse comes, I’m one of those who just picks up the kids and fucking legs it I’m afraid.

 

But what if it's a zombie apocalypse and they come back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Daughters friend goes little lever they ain’t due back till last week in September 

Aye. 28th I think.

Can't remember exactly, but don't think they are there every day neither. Anticipated to be doing a mixture of homeworking and schooling. Not enough resources to meet social distancing requirements. 

Presumably,  plenty of other schools in a similar situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ani said:

The beer garden has to be Covid ‘compliant’ your back garden is not compliant. 

We opted for the beer garden 

Our house, garden and downstairs toilet were far more covid compliant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My reflections on working with the NHS last week 

  • A&E has been a lot quieter for the last few months. The hope is that folk continue not to walk in there when they really don’t need to
  • They have really adapted to technology and are utilising remote consultations. NHS Scotland have really upped the game by developing Attend Anywhere. Oldest is using it for her psychology patients as it’s spread across the rest of the UK
  • Feeling I get is that we will go back to the old ‘Infirmary’ hospitals type of health care ie if you need emergency treatment you will go into an infirmary. If not you will access more local health care 
  • Consultations via smart phone and other digital media will massively increase. Folk won’t like it but will get used to it. Routine follow ups in out patients are a thing of the past. Do it via digital media and 90% of those consultations that needed a trip to hospital are done way more efficiently. The 10% that need further investigation get called in
  • Biggest worry is your cancer patients who absolutely have to come in for chemo, and your dialysis patients, for example, but I know of initiatives that are happening to try to mitigate 
  • NHS Scotland are using their Nightingale hospital for staff training, reducing the backlog of seeing patients that need to be seen, and preparing for the second wave, which they absolutely believe is on its way, and as they are completely apolitical, and a lot more efficient than NHS England, I will go with them

Long and boring post perhaps. But two points I’ll make here. Firstly, the NHS, at all levels, has massively stepped up, way ahead of the government and Joe Public. And, secondly, folk will have to recognise that just because you pay your taxes, you cannot continue to use the NHS the way that you have done. Changes are afoot and we will have to go with it. This pandemic may actually benefit the way that the NHS works and the way that folk treat it. For the better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye. 28th I think.

Can't remember exactly, but don't think they are there every day neither. Anticipated to be doing a mixture of homeworking and schooling. Not enough resources to meet social distancing requirements. 

Presumably,  plenty of other schools in a similar situation.

Phillips so far is full time

portable toilets have been brought in with loads of other measures 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mickbrown said:

I am!! You’re not a flag hanger surely?

All my windows are boarded 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem with teachers not wanting to go in and take what is a generally very small risk (for most of them)

However, any teacher (who isn’t in an at risk group) deciding not to go in shouldn’t expect to be paid a penny. Take a sabbatical if you want 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spider said:

The unions will have fucking blood on their hands if they try and keep schools closed.

 

It’s gonna fuck a lot of kids up mentally if it goes on any longer. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bullshit..

 

Most teachers want to be back working teaching..

The noisy minority don't. Most people want normality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, royal white said:

All my windows are boarded 

😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Bullshit..

 

Most teachers want to be back working teaching..

The noisy minority don't. Most people want normality

Nah. As an ex teacher I can tell you no fucker actually wants to teach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blondi said:

They come back to work or pay them sick pay, that will do it.

Sick pay?

if they won’t work; then sack them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Bullshit..

 

Most teachers want to be back working teaching..

The noisy minority don't. Most people want normality

Spot on 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Nah. As an ex teacher I can tell you no fucker actually wants to teach. 

fuck me, what did you teach, communism ?

...defo not G&P 😅

Edited by Mr Grey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

fuck me, what did you teach, communism ?

...defo not G&P 😅

I taught little shits😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I taught little shits😀

Didn't most teachers 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pubs closing next week

ITK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

We opted for the beer garden 

Our house, garden and downstairs toilet were far more covid compliant

I did mean to add ‘in theory’ to my post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Real or fake news ?

 

 

Not that surprising really. We've had 1 member of staff die at RBH where we're stuck in a room with COVID patients for 12.5 hours at a time. 

Plus you'd imagine the police are generally quite young and in decent health.

Not quite sure what this bloke is trying to get at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.