Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I don't get this, why 10pm - is it to stop the yooth going to late bars? What's an hour going to do?

that's what i thought initially, but seems that they can open for takeout only, and must shut at 10pm

• Moderators
1 hour ago, peelyfeet said:

It's on the up everywhere in the NW.

everywhere is on the rise in the NW, except Blackpool

but you can bet loads from the NW piled to Blackpool once they could with the promise of a bit of sun

this is based on Gonzo saying it's rammed

so what gives?

Do people really think that Bolton has become the worst town in the country, yes worst town in the country because 17-29 year olds went for a pint in Henighans?

Whats so different about Bolton?

Have there been cases in other pubs throughout England, my guess is loads so why no explosion of cases elsewhere?

Someone must know the truth, we’re being fed bullshit

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, peelyfeet said:

That was the vid on twitter that was firstly compared to the murder of Anne Frank by the Nazis, then retweeted by Le Tissier, until he deleted it a few hours later.

Apparently the scouse lad was initially  reported to transport police for coughing on other passengers on purpose.

The list of anti lockdown anarchy types is remarkable. What planet are they on. Taser the lot of em.

4 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Do people really think that Bolton has become the worst town in the country, yes worst town in the country because 17-29 year olds went for a pint in Henighans?

Whats so different about Bolton?

Have there been cases in other pubs throughout England, my guess is loads so why no explosion of cases elsewhere?

Someone must know the truth, we’re being fed bullshit

Agreed. I reckon the Government are just picking on Bolton for a bit of fun

• Site Supporter

It's them and us. They're responsible for passing on the info they collect on our behalf. They're responsible for the timing and implementation of restrictions and the overall strategy. They've got msssive resource that we pay for to help. 

Indeed. So when they tell us what to do, people should respect it shouldn’t they. Not decide for themselves whether it suits or not. 

Even if it transpires in years to come that some recommendations weren't the best, they're being done now with the best of intentions. 

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I don't get this, why 10pm - is it to stop the yooth going to late bars? What's an hour going to do?

I think it’s a lot to do with the correlation between alcohol and distance. The more we drink, the less distant we keep from other folks’ bubble.

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Now decisions decisions. Should I go for a meal tonight or should I just go to the pub and watch the match? Thoughts gents?

Mrs Sweep had just suggested we go out for a nice turkish meal, and then she'll drop me off down the pub to watch the England game with the lads. 👍

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Mrs Sweep had just suggested we go out for a nice turkish meal, and then she'll drop me off down the pub to watch the England game with the lads. 👍

Take your laptop, March to the screen and plug your cable in. Give them a chance to watch the mighty whites

• Site Supporter

Agreed, but do you think folk in Bolton are not sticking to the rules 7 times more than folk in Wigan? 

The reason why infections are on the up is because pubs have been open, folk have been on holiday, the weather is getting more preferable for covid spread, schools are open  more folk have gone back to work, folk are less careful, NW likely had a larger pool of infections, and a bit of bad luck. Its govmt policy and folks behaviour and luck.

You know it doesnt work quite like that. As seems to be the case only needs a couple of nobs to dish out a few doses and shit is everywhere. Of course more openings increase risk, but folk not respecting the associated rules are taking the piss.

Just seen a story in the North East. Some gathering of around 300 people. They've already identified 10% infected as a result and still checking out others. Always some luck (or bad luck) but it's the same in football, the best teams seem to get the most good luck.

• Site Supporter

For all those migrants without a BL postcode, as the ground has one, presumably you wont be allowed in anyhow until things have died down a bit. 

Oh and Peely's references to zinc- once read an article that said you fire off a days worth of zinc each time you shoot your load. No reason to dispute this, so perhaps worth licking garage doors or anything galvanised. 

28 minutes ago, Sweep said:

What a pleasant evening that sounds. We’re just away for an Indian and then I’m going to the boozer also to watch the match missus is coming and acting as driver. Lovely. Freedom is a lovely thing sweep.