Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

11 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

There are eminent experts for and against further restrictions, so to say that backing them is just following the accepted science is simply not true and it should be open for debate...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/coronavirus-too-much-or-not-enough-experts-fight-it-out-online-mf3p336vs

History will tell us whether the Govt panicked/overreacted to a massively overdone projection in March. And then whether they repeated the mistake in September.

I do understand that if there are choices, it would be natural to go with safety first, in such a screechy world.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, peelyfeet said:

I'm surprised they arent telling folk more to get fitter, eat healthier, lose weight if obese, vit D. 

Not seen the govmt data behind their study yet. The pro vit D studies don't claim it reduce the chance of catching covid, just the length and severity of illness.

They've had mini campaigns mentioning it..

9 hours ago, peelyfeet said:

I gave up half way through. Its bollocks mate, honestly. It's poorly formed opinion written in an unscientific manner. Don't read stuff off there. You won't find any posts from me from pro lockdown websites, if they exist. Just use data, interpret it, or read proper medical journals, theres thousands  of proper scientific papers published,  on covid, that isn't one.

Could you be a little less open-minded, Our Peely?

😷

6 hours ago, peelyfeet said:

I'm surprised they arent telling folk more to get fitter, eat healthier, lose weight if obese, vit D. 

Not seen the govmt data behind their study yet. The pro vit D studies don't claim it reduce the chance of catching covid, just the length and severity of illness.

No, I know it doesn't claim to reduce the chance of infection, but I mention it because I think finding an effective treatment post-infection is probably the most likely way to get us back to normality.

4 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Yes I have 

Did you read why I posted it?

I didn’t claim that we should either 

What they are against, and I agree, is the further sanctions this week. Please see my original post 

Jules what are you arguing ? That we should crack on as we are ? 

4 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Yes I have 

Did you read why I posted it?

I didn’t claim that we should either 

What they are against, and I agree, is the further sanctions this week. Please see my original post 

The original post...

"And a great number of mathematicians and virologists wrote to the govt in the past day to explain the flaws in their presented data and to say that community P2 testing is wrong at least 9/10 times. 

90% most of those who’ve tested positive are almost certain to be negative. "

Asssuming we're talking about the same letter (the only one posted in this thread since), it doesn't say any of that.

Edited by Tombwfc

2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Could you be a little less open-minded, Our Peely?

😷

The world's gone mad .

Fucking lockdownsceptics.org 

Run  by Toby Young, the esteemed impartial, open minded, scientific expert with zero political bias. 

Sheesh 

Laters, I'm not posting for a few days. Spent too much time doing it, and need to concentrate on getting a  new job for a bit. 

Edited by peelyfeet

4 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

The world's gone mad .

Run  by Toby Young, the estermed impartial, open minded scientific expert with zero political bias. 

Sheesh 

Laters, I'm not posting for a few days. Spent too much time doing it, and need to concentrate on getting a  new job for a bit. 

🤗

Good luck!

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, peelyfeet said:

I gave up half way through. Its bollocks mate, honestly. It's poorly formed opinion written in an unscientific manner. Don't read stuff off there. You won't find any posts from me from pro lockdown websites, if they exist. Just use data, interpret it, or read proper medical journals, theres thousands  of proper scientific papers published,  on covid, that isn't one.

That was noticeable early on- wasn't written in a scientific manner. Also went to pains to explain their own background. Glad you got that far to qualify my initial concern. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, peelyfeet said:

The world's gone mad .

Run  by Toby Young, the esteemed impartial, open minded, scientific expert with zero political bias. 

Sheesh 

Good luck. Anything in particular, or generally what can you do?

Doesn't do any harm if we can keep our ears open.

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Good luck. Anything in particular, or generally what can you do?

Doesn't do any harm if we can keep our ears open.

Epidemiologist, I hear

😅

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Epidemiologist, I hear

😅

He left that field once, wonder if he'd really fancy going back now?

From current experience and observations, I'd recommend he get into arboriculture. Tree surgeons everywhere, busy as buggery. Must be coining it in.

Oh, and the anticipated effects of ash dieback over the next few years is startling. 

Peely's a big lad, should be reet wielding a large chopper.