Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Aye those 20 at the bull would never have been included in the stats had they not been able to drive to a test centre.

Not one required any form of medical attention.

• Replies 25.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobarp

• Mr Grey

• Spider

• Rudy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My uncle lost his battle to this in Royal Bolton this morning, so he will be one of today’s numbers.  last rites over the phone held by a nurse with no family there. made an exception yester

That was one of the loveliest things to ever happen. Stood in my garden sobbing like a baby! Proud to work for the NHS 👏👏👏👏❤️

I’ve sat with my mum who is slipping away, literally breathing her last today. She idolises the Queen, and whilst she didn’t in all likelihood hear that, I know she would have loved every single

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Yet I can’t have a beer in my mate’s garden with the kids because there will be seven of us? Fuck right off. 

Take them all the horse racing at Doncaster and stop moaning. Problem solved 

12 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Yet I can’t have a beer in my mate’s garden with the kids because there will be seven of us? Fuck right off. 

You can (if you don’t live in Bolton) but not from Monday.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, peelyfeet said:

Except for work, education, sport, weddings, funerals, hog roasts, bong sessions in the Woods, dogging, bbqs, fights and the conga 

are we allowed these again?  game changer if true

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Aye those 20 at the bull would never have been included in the stats had they not been able to drive to a test centre.

Not one required any form of medical attention.

was twiggy not one of them or did he just randomly catch it?  and how's he getting on, anyone know?

• Site Supporter

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/18706323.three-bolton-areas-covid-free-new-coronavirus-case-figures/?ref=erec

JUST three areas of Bolton can claim to be “covid free” after new data revealed coronavirus cases in the other 32 neighbourhoods.

Horwich North, Bromley Cross and Bradshaw, and Westhoughton East are the only three parts of the town that can claim to be virus free – just two weeks after the majority of the borough hadn’t reported any cases in months.

38 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

this is the stuff thats driving me mad, there is no balance at all

looking very likely that I can't be with my missus for the birth of our first child until the very last minute, pretty much when her head is popping out

but the pubs are ok to be full, and 1000's can attend horse racing fixtures etc

its fucking stupid, the lot of it

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Anyone found to be travelling to a different postcode just so they can go to the pub should be fined.

Just spoken to a neighbour whilst out. She went (party of 6 if I understood correctly) to an ale house at the weekend, where one of the part had to leave details. 

Weren't all from same household, so shouldn't have been together I dont think, but at least details were gathered.

Then onto curry cottage. No details requested, absolutely rammed. Really is no wonder restrictions are coming back.

When they close the pubs and eateries altogether no doubt owners and punters wil be complaining again.

I think they'd lock down sport entirely, except that same with the pubs, if you do that indefinitely then these die a slow death. We've seen Droylsden FC withdraw from the league as their revenue comes from function rooms, fixed costs exist and bills have to be paid. It's a balancing act as we try to avoid important community assets going pop. Sure we can't have a brew in our gardens, despite them backing on to a golf course where people are twatting about with their bats. Suck it up.

Saturday afternoon for me will be a walk after work. From Heaton, through Barrow Bridge, over the tops and head towards Adlington. I’ll pass Rivington Brewery on the way. It’s going to take some self control not to call for a pint. 

• Site Supporter

There's some smashing restaurants up in Barnard Castle, lads.

I won't go that far, but an eyetest in my car over to Retreat in Adlington is probably on the cards.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just spoken to a neighbour whilst out. She went (party of 6 if I understood correctly) to an ale house at the weekend, where one of the part had to leave details. 

Weren't all from same household, so shouldn't have been together I dont think, but at least details were gathered.

Then onto curry cottage. No details requested, absolutely rammed. Really is no wonder restrictions are coming back.

When they close the pubs and eateries altogether no doubt owners and punters wil be complaining again.

Those moaning the loudest about it seem to be the ones that were not adhering to any of the guidance anyway. The vicious circle of numb fuckery and further restrictions will only continue I think.

• Site Supporter

Wonder what Boris and his cohorts are doing this weekend that necessitated making the National extra lockdown arrangements start on Monday rather than right now.

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Racing at Doncaster now behind closed doors after today. 

Funny one this. Test events under super tight guidelines and monitoring will need to happen at some point.

Just doesnt seem the right time at the moment. 

Do th'orses run faster with a cheering crowd?