Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

1st away game next season

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Hutch said:

Salford City 

Oldham got 1,341 tickets yesterday

Hopefully a few will still be on holiday, gonna be interesting getting a ticket for this one as would expect 4 thou would go if we could all be accommodated

We’ll go on the piss in Eccles.

Now whilst I wouldn’t ever advocate something of this nature but. Salford City is a tenner a ticket. 

I happened to buy Two tickets for the home end for a game a few weeks ago to give to my old man as part of his Xmas present. He used to watch them years ago when they were even more shit. So I’m now on the database for tickets. 

needless to say I will be buying tickets for the home end when we play them next season. 

A tenner well spent maybe for those that way inclined?

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Hutch said:

Salford City 

Oldham got 1,341 tickets yesterday

Hopefully a few will still be on holiday, gonna be interesting getting a ticket for this one as would expect 4 thou would go if we could all be accommodated

Just had a mate who is Oldham round to ours

Reckons Salford are desperate for a rival and are trying to make it Oldham

He was saying away end sold out so few Oldham in the home end and it all kicked off when they equalised late on with one Oldham lad getting a proper twatting

Be an interesting one when we visit next season

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

He was saying away end sold out so few Oldham in the home end and it all kicked off when they equalised late on with one Oldham lad getting a proper twatting

Would suspect Salford are getting a few dickheads from Rog’s lot who were on the other side of the FC United fall out. 

Fully expect that we’ll be sent there on a midweek but I don’t think that’ll make it any less of a scramble for tickets. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Would suspect Salford are getting a few dickheads from Rog’s lot who were on the other side of the FC United fall out. 

Fully expect that we’ll be sent there on a midweek but I don’t think that’ll make it any less of a scramble for tickets. 

Be even worse with a days drinking before kick off

Rog’s lot will be out for the day you can guarantee it depending on where and who they are playing will depend on how many. If they are away that day which I suspect may be the case by design you can be sure they will turn out making the day even more eventful 

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

A few of my mates from old job are City fans but been going Salford last few years (after the money came in) but have given it up this season as it's getting full of United knobheads, FC clearly not enough for them anymore.

No sympathy for my City mates like trying to have best of both worlds Euro aways but old school lower league stuff, but still. Think it'll be some day that Salford game.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

Grimsby away  "There's only one fish in Grimsby!"

That'd certainly be a blast from the past. We once had two consecutive opening day games away at Cleethorpes. 

Both were three dayers, arriving on Friday, out for a beer Friday night, game on Saturday, out for a beer Saturday night, home Sunday. Great times.