Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tranmere

radcliffe white

What a smashing day all round. 

My lad was mascot, brilliant job of that they do. He loved it, nearly as much as me haha. Met super John and Tony jelly, good chats with them and David Flitcroft. 

They gave us tickets in West stand, amazing how much more civilised it is over that way, under the stand especially. Decent service, jalapeños and cheese pasties on tap and a nice clean area. A far cry from the dog kennel over the other side :) ...

speaking of which looked ace from where we were.  Looked packed and was bubbling all game. Great to see it bouncing with that new song we’ve nicked of Rangers. I was quite surprised with the atmosphere from the north stand too. 

On the pitch that’s the best I’ve seen us in a long time. Loving the ball retention and the comitimnet was there all game. O’grady looks a unit and half, never stopped all game him. Politic is a different gravy. 

They looked fucked but you can only deal with what’s in front of you and it should’ve been 5-0.

Onwards and upwards. We might not get out of trouble but at least it’ll be fun along the way if we can carry that on.

Nice to those feral bastards getting legged from Scott’s as well, Total embarrassment they are. 

On Kean Bryan that was a great debut. Not perfect of course but very good. Thought he made the rest of the defence play better as well particularly Nsala or whatever he's called alongside him. O'Grady MOM for me though. Some of his first touches to control were brilliant, held it up well, brought others in and capped it with a goal.

Edited by Walkden White

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Excellent. Considering it was his debut, mom for me.

Lowe and Politic also stood out.

I was impressed by both our centre halves today. Nice touch by Nsiala offering to give that young lad his shirt at the end. Little lad's face was a picture with his proud Dad! 👍👍👍

• Site Supporter

We're much better when we up the tempo and don't let other teams dictate the game. Started really well.

Dropped off somewhat second half of the first half, which had Hamilton and Murphy chasing around giving free kicks away.

Second half we got on top again, with the same two midfielders running with the ball and probing. How O'Grady didn't bag his first chance from a couple of yards I don't know, but he made up for it.

On the first goal, great experience from O'Grady: realising the strength of the wind he anticipated the bounce and got a little nod on it, then Murphy set up politic.

Think the wind made it perhaps a bit more difficult at times with judging the weight of pass, but overall a good performance, deserved victory and funny listening to Tranmere lot booing their team.

6 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I was impressed by both our centre halves today. Nice touch by Nsiala offering to give that young lad his shirt at the end. Little lad's face was a picture with his proud Dad! 👍👍👍

Could’ve sworn that was Emanuel? 😬

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Agree. Quite impressed with Nsiala, and he seemed comfortable with his new partner.

Didn't see him give the shirt though.

Oh and a passing mention for the bloke afterwards heading towards the beehive on the dual carriageway bit. He appeared to be that pissed he couldn't stand- fortunately a group of lads half carried him. Must have been some effort from the fella! :)

Great win - although I think they are the worst team we have played.

thought the back 4 was superb today, organised by the lad from sheff Utd - he was excellent.

we looked a handful with 2 upfront and Grady worked his gonads off.

politic superb - really looking forward to Coventry next week.

how funny was the scousers being knocked down a few rows by the coppers - just brilliant

beers and a smile tonight

3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

1st time in over 3 years we’ve won by 2 at home. Fuckin hell I knew it was shit but not that shit over the last few years

2 years not 3.  Still ages.  But wierdly I missed it being squeaky bum time in the last 5 minutes and counting down injury time, and yelling at players to launch it in the 92nd minute. You cant beat that feeling of the ref's whistle when you're 2-1 up, but it was good to sit relaxed and enjoy our football in the last 10 minutes.  It must be so lacking in adrenaline supporting Liverpool and City if its like that every other week, just knowing you're going to win with 20 minutes left.