Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The year of the rat - not in suffolk!

bolty58

• Members
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Don’t like yappy little dogs. 

on the look out for a staffie pup Myself at the moment. Fortunes they are going for!

I wanted a staff. Mrs wasn’t having it at all with the little one, same with Jacks, and Rottweilers. I’ve had them all in some way or another and never had a problem. Wouldn’t change what we have now though. 

1 minute ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I wanted a staff. Mrs wasn’t having it at all with the little one, same with Jacks, and Rottweilers. I’ve had them all in some way or another and never had a problem. Wouldn’t change what we have now though. 

When you find a dog that you bond with and it suits you and your lifestyle that’s all you can ask for. They really are mans best friend. My ex had a staffie and loved the dog more than Anything. Kept me sane in some really dark days just out me and her on the local fields messing about. They’re Immense for stress relief I think. 

time for me to get one time is spot on 

• Members
4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

When you find a dog that you bond with and it suits you and your lifestyle that’s all you can ask for. They really are mans best friend. My ex had a staffie and loved the dog more than Anything. Kept me sane in some really dark days just out me and her on the local fields messing about. They’re Immense for stress relief I think. 

time for me to get one time is spot on 

Yeah I’ve said on here before that my dog has sorted us out when it’s got a bit tough. I’ll talk to him because he just listens. 
I said if we have another sprog and it’s a girl I’m getting another dog. Can’t live in a house with 3 wimmin.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I’m not really an animal person, I have to put up with cats in the house. Happily live without domestic animals, just don’t understand those who need a pet to be honest.

There's a fair few blind folk who might differ.

Anyway, on a different note, thinking of getting a Whippet, anyone had one?

Edited by Alf Hartigan

47 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

I doff my flat cap to you. My cousin had a big fuck off dog and walked it down to my dads house, the dog was so unkempt and smelly, he said you can come in, but that dog is not coming in this house. So they both fucked off.

• Members
8 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Used to have a jack russell. She was hard as nails. Knackered ligaments early on in life but you'd never know it. Later in life got cataracts but even being 14 and falling down stairs due to poor eye sight she'd get up like nothing had happened 

Then her liver packed up and that was it 

Sorry to hear that mate. My daughters Pomeranian has gone blind which is sad as he's a bundle of fun. Obviously he doesn't know what's happened - presume they just believe this is what happens in life. He just gets on with it.

Love Jacks. Rum little buggers. If we ever get another dog, that's what we'll have. The last one was a Jack crossed with a Maltese - great dog but more lapdog than fun package. Favvered a Westie pup all his life.

• Members
8 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

My mate has two, great dogs he says don’t need much walking and they sleep a lot 

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Don’t like yappy little dogs. 

on the look out for a staffie pup Myself at the moment. Fortunes they are going for!

Had a look at rescue places?

They do get a lot of staffy types, and often young too.

Dog's trust are a good organisation too.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yep. Same with greyhounds. Great house pets.

We once had a rescued lurcher. Big fucker, had a good blast then chilled all day.

I like greyhounds and lurchers but want a smaller dog hence the whippet interest. Done a bit of googling and they sound ideal.

11 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Yep. Absolute crackers but in a good way. Let them off their lead and they run to their heart's content

Wouldn't go anywhere near water though. Trying to wrestle one into the shower after its rolled in fox muck is not an easy or pleasant task 

• Members
1 hour ago, Alf Hartigan said:

I like greyhounds and lurchers but want a smaller dog hence the whippet interest. Done a bit of googling and they sound ideal.

If you don’t want a pup, dogstrust always have lurchers and whippets. Especially Manchester and Merseyside. Great organisation as well. 

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

If you don’t want a pup, dogstrust always have lurchers and whippets. Especially Manchester and Merseyside. Great organisation as well. 

Like dog's trust. Been round one of their sites and walked a dog before now.

Clean, well presented and helpful.

Also: https://m.facebook.com/WhippetRescueUk/

54 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Do Jack Russells get along with cats?

I want a dog which would be a Jack Russell. The other half wants a cat. I think cats are shite 

There might have to be a compromise if they do. If not then I'll make sure we get a dog first then tell her the bad news 

My friend has a jack Russell and 2 cats. So it's a definite possibility

16 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Whippets can be very aloof characters 

Mine lived alongside the jack Russell as mentioned. the whippet made it clear who was boss. They did have two fights and they were brutal. But generally they were fine together 

Think it was one all in the fighting

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Whippets can be very aloof characters 

Mine lived alongside the jack Russell as mentioned. the whippet made it clear who was boss. They did have two fights and they were brutal. But generally they were fine together 

Think it was one all in the fighting

Met a young whippet the other day, it was nervy as it met a couple of mine that were chasing a ball. One of them barked wanting us to chuck the ball and this little pup nearly jumped out of its skin.