Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lion of Vienna

barryk32

I believe the author of said article will be here to fight his corner shortly...

I've contributed to the site once or twice, I think what I would say is that it's not a place with one sole purpose or view, there are lots of contributors with varying views and that can be a bit confusing but I don't mind it as a platform in the main but it can obviously give some bad opinions a much wider audience than they deserve on occasion.

• Members

Thought he could have got closer to the first goal on Saturday , seemed to go down really slow....That being said the lad made some decent saves throughout the game and delivered a cracking pass to grady leading up to our goal.  Needs a regular/stable back 4 in front of him.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

He's a Div3 keeper for a team that's paying rock bottom wages & some people expect him to be world class ffs. 🤔

And as has been pointed out (above somewhere) De Gea is playing for one of the top UK teams and doesn't seem that brilliant with regards to the number of fuck-ups he makes.

As has also been said though, recently by Everton's keeper, one howling mistake by a keeper and it doesn't matter if he then makes a dozen world class saves, we talk about the howler. A striker, on the other hand, can miss from two yards out then goes on to score a hat-trick and everyone talks about his prowess in front of goal.

1 hour ago, burnden said:

Thought he could have got closer to the first goal on Saturday , seemed to go down really slow....That being said the lad made some decent saves throughout the game and delivered a cracking pass to grady leading up to our goal.  Needs a regular/stable back 4 in front of him.

Looked like he had rheumatoid arthritis to me. He did make some good saves later in the game though, perhaps he needs to warm up more thoroughly. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators
22 hours ago, barryk32 said:

Not the real one, god rest his soul.

The click bait wankers having a go at Remi Matthews.  Hows it helpful.

Taking Lofthouses name and linking it to shit like that will have him spinning in his grave.

This is right on the money. Write whatever you want, don't associate the great man's name with it. Cunt probably never even met him to comprehend how much he loved Bolton Wanderers. Wankers.

Other than writing under Lofty's name, I've no issue with anything they write, if the particular author believes it to be true and it's not just fishing for views.

As I said earlier, I thought Kane had a bit more about him than to pull it because Matthews didn't like it.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Covs striker had so much time and space he could have put his header anywhere so its maybe a slightly delayed reaction because he didnt take a punt on where it was going.

That goal was entirely down to crap defending

i suppose poor defending is what you should expect at this level

like you should expect not having dino fcuking zoff in your nets

14 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

There are fucktards blaming him for both goals yesterday too 🤣

No they haven't... The opposite in fact. 

On another note, I hope all of this doesn't suddenly make him immune from criticism just because he might have a cry about it on twitter. 

• Site Supporter

Matthews is wank, needs to be dropped get that young keeper starting

I’d rather have Michael Jackson in the net in his current state than Remi

He should have got up quicker after the initial save, hes shit

Why didnt he just stay on his line another stupid mistake

On 16/02/2020 at 09:45, Anderson said:

Sorry, I thought you had meant LOVS were criticising him. 

Everyone has a right to an opinion though, and like I said he isn't immune just because he might throw a hissy fit about it. 

but supporters support. I know it can be a difficult concept.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Anderson said:

We do, but we also pay to be entertained. If it doesn't meet expectations for the outlay then we have every right to voice those displeasures.

Voice them on here or in the pub then fair play. Anyone haranguing one of our players during a match is an absolute knobscratch... Unfortunately we seem to have quite a few. 

3 hours ago, Anderson said:

We do, but we also pay to be entertained. If it doesn't meet expectations for the outlay then we have every right to voice those displeasures.

If you go to the cinema and the film turns out to be shit do you boo at the screen? 

If you're turning up to football, and us in particular, expecting to be entertained then I'd stay at home and save the money 

You'll see goals though