Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Ani

Expectations this season.

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Going to have to drink more pre game then !,

every cloud

I will be dead if I drink more at away games😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the field we  have no organisation , no leaders , are tactically inept , midfield sit back, never press,  wide open. We are hopeless , I put all that down to Hill .

P45 for Hill will be a start .

I don't enjoy the match day experience any more .

 

Last night at Doncaster we just went through the motions . Only bit of cheer my half time hot drink 

Just one observation , off subject a bit. I've been to all our matches at the keepmoat and their stewards are always  really friendly 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nottm_Wanderer said:

On the field we  have no organisation , no leaders , are tactically inept , midfield sit back, never press,  wide open. We are hopeless , I put all that down to Hill .

P45 for Hill will be a start .

I don't enjoy the match day experience any more .

 

Last night at Doncaster we just went through the motions . Only bit of cheer my half time hot drink 

Just one observation , off subject a bit. I've been to all our matches at the keepmoat and their stewards are always  really friendly 

 

 

The stewards last night were tremendous and deserve a lot of credit you are spot on 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Helps when you’ve got a big lad who nobody in their right mind would argue with, but he chooses to work with humour rather than be a threatening presence. Plenty of other clubs could learn from it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Helps when you’ve got a big lad who nobody in their right mind would argue with, but he chooses to work with humour rather than be a threatening presence. Plenty of other clubs could learn from it. 

You talking about the black steward I’m guessing? He had a good laugh with me at the gate and was bob on dealing with a few issues. Like you say nobody is going to mess with him but he just has a laugh And a joke without resorting to trying to be a bully like our orange warriors 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You talking about the black steward I’m guessing? He had a good laugh with me at the gate and was bob on dealing with a few issues. Like you say nobody is going to mess with him but he just has a laugh And a joke without resorting to trying to be a bully like our orange warriors 

In fairness, the orange clad one near us is absolutely fine. Always says hello and is willing to have a quick chat on the way in. Older chap who probably couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag, but he has other qualities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

In fairness, the orange clad one near us is absolutely fine. Always says hello and is willing to have a quick chat on the way in. Older chap who probably couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag, but he has other qualities.

You don’t need to be a big angry fucker to be effective it just inflames the situation. You would think venues would figure this out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not expected to do well but I thought we would be improving fitness wise & defensively as this season went which hasn’t been the case. But the main issue with Hill trying bullshit the fans we’ve had enough of it with previous managers we want a manger who’s speaks the fucking truth for once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Nothing more than relegation, wanted to see a bit more steel about us under a new manager, and had raised hopes when was appointed, Seen glimpses at times at what he could do, expected to lose a lot of games but not quite in the whimper we have in some outings. 

Overall it’s frustrating because of the situation start of the season and then we see a mini revival and then the injuries arrive and the squad changes again and we are back to square one. 
 

was always going to be a tough season whatever. Just want to see a bit more resilience and come away knowing we’ve Given it a good go for 90 rather than 45. 

 

It’ll be reet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some interesting views here. 
 

This season for me was about the club surviving and if that happens the rest should not matter. But it does ! 
 

Early season watching the kids was a good a time as I can remember watching Bolton the early away games were brilliant. However the defeats became tough. Hill and Flitcroft came in with signings and things looked up again. However again short lived. Hill just seems a bit of a prick. Some of the signings are strange given we are all but down why not let push more of the kids rather than short term loans ? Just feel there is internal bickering replacing the ‘all in together’ attitude early season. 
Zouma is a prime example he has the attributes to play at this level but inexperience means mistakes. Are we better off him learning or just putting him back in U23s ? 
why sign an injured winger from Spurs and deny Darcy or Politic game time ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/02/2020 at 14:52, Ani said:

Just wonder what people thought was going to happen this year. 
 

Over the summer everyone just seemed to want a club. We were forced to play kids and everyone got behind them. 
New owners came in and they were a total breath of fresh air. Genuine seeming people with no false promises. 
Parky fell on his sword and moved on. Hill and Flitcrift come in scramble a team together. We are still under an embargo so are a million miles from out of the woods. 
 

We are limited by budget and can only sign players not wanted by others. Not much luck with injuries. 
 

The manager talks some shit but footballing wise what were people expecting ? 

Relegation.

on target for this.

this season is a gimme. Best we could have hoped is for flashes of hope.

we are getting that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knew it would be tough, but thought we’d have least had a go at trying to stay up. 

Just seems like Hill can’t wait for us to get relegated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ani said:

Some interesting views here. 
 

This season for me was about the club surviving and if that happens the rest should not matter. But it does ! 
 

Early season watching the kids was a good a time as I can remember watching Bolton the early away games were brilliant. However the defeats became tough. Hill and Flitcroft came in with signings and things looked up again. However again short lived. Hill just seems a bit of a prick. Some of the signings are strange given we are all but down why not let push more of the kids rather than short term loans ? Just feel there is internal bickering replacing the ‘all in together’ attitude early season. 
Zouma is a prime example he has the attributes to play at this level but inexperience means mistakes. Are we better off him learning or just putting him back in U23s ? 
why sign an injured winger from Spurs and deny Darcy or Politic game time ? 

Zouma's not even playing for the U-23's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was definitely expecting relegation after the late purchase of the club and losing all the early games heavily.

With what one would expect a half decent midfield pairing of Lowe and Luke Murphy - then getting so called experienced players in on the last day of the summer window I expected improvement which we initially got. I know we have been hit with injuries to key players, again, but after the three wins I did expect us to tighten up at the back and put some fight of it.

Its been extremely disappointing since the Accrington game and I wasn't expecting this.

Just hope that we get a half decent squad with defenders who can defend and midfielders who can run and stop teams walking through us well before the pre-season and really go for it from the first game next year.

IMO I don't believe the present managers will get it right as they presently seem to be wanting players they know who are now not good enough for poor clubs - I know things could change and the limitations of the embargo but I think we would be better making the change now rather than it be a complete write off next season as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Hasn't Zouma picked up a hamstring injury?

Dunno, mate.
Just know he's not playing anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and as for my expectations, I'd be surprised if we won another game this season, unless we beat Accy in a fortnight. You'd think the players would be fired up to make amends for the drubbing away, but I don't get the impression any of them are that arsed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Youre normally level headed

The performances against tranmere and coventry were non too shabby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Casino said:

Youre normally level headed

The performances against tranmere and coventry were non too shabby

I haven't said they weren't, but I just wonder who we're going to beat.

We really could & should have got something from both games too, but we can't seem to do it away from home. Teams will always score twice against our porous defence and we don't create enough ourselves. And we don't create enough, because we're set up negatively and there's absolutely no pace in our team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we've conceded 31 in the last 14 games. You can't win matches when you're letting that many in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Casino said:

Youre normally level headed

The performances against tranmere and coventry were non too shabby

You could fire plenty more performances in the other direction to strengthen @Traf Argument to be honest.

Tranmere were the worst team I’ve ever seen I think. Obviously over the years my memory has become sketchy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Traf said:

I haven't said they weren't, but I just wonder who we're going to beat.

We really could & should have got something from both games too, but we can't seem to do it away from home. Teams will always score twice against our porous defence and we don't create enough ourselves. And we don't create enough, because we're set up negatively and there's absolutely no pace in our team. 

It was more your saying they dont look arsed

I dont see that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, OK, I just feel that some look like they're just going through the motions at times.

Perhaps they're just not good enough and it's more a case of the game just passing them by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Traf said:

Ah, OK, I just feel that some look like they're just going through the motions at times.

Perhaps they're just not good enough and it's more a case of the game just passing them by.

Agree entirely. The kids were fucked after giving their all earlier this season.

When I see Luke Murphy watching the ball and ignoring runners or half heartedly fouling a player because he can't be bothered to put in a proper tackle it's infuriating.

Young lads must see this too and wonder what the fuck?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/02/2020 at 21:33, tomski said:

You could fire plenty more performances in the other direction to strengthen @Traf Argument to be honest.

Tranmere were the worst team I’ve ever seen I think. Obviously over the years my memory has become sketchy

Did you see us at Accrington ? We were worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.