Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Simon grayson for our next manager?

Tungsten3

Hello,

Like a lot of people i am starting to wonder if Hill can really take us forward.

Simon grayson has been sacked by blackpool so would his availability get our owners thinking

about canning hill sooner rather than at the end of the season which they may well be already planning?

I've no problem with speculating who we might want as manager if/when Hill leaves, but Simon Grayson?  If there is an argument that he used to be successful, well so was Hill, probably around the same time.  Blackpool, Sunderland, Bradford have been awful under him and I dont think he'll get another manager's job above Div 2 sized clubs.

16 minutes ago, Tungsten3 said:

Hello,

Like a lot of people i am starting to wonder if Hill can really take us forward.

Simon grayson has been sacked by blackpool so would his availability get our owners thinking

about canning hill sooner rather than at the end of the season which they may well be already planning?

By the time we get rid of Hill, Grayson will already have a job. Hill is going nowhere untill next season.

I dont expect hill to go before the end of the season but if a better manager became available

it will be worth grabbing him while we can.

Not saying grayson is the answer but i am willing to be thinking about starting next season on the front foot and i think hill

is going to be carrying the baggage of this season wrongly or rightly.

He's not the right fit for us now. He was turning down jobs where there wasn't enough to spend. He's probably a good championship level manager with a mid sized budget and expectations of mid table.

But we're not that. We need the entire club rebuilding and its going to be slow. Hill doesn't feel right to me but its hard to think who is. 

1 hour ago, Happy Wanderer said:

Today's society and mindset pisses me off. No one is ever satisfied these days, never, they always have something to moan about.

KH may not be the best manager, but most said PP wan't a good manager either, some hated BSA.

Yes it's all about opinions but be thankful you have a club to support.

Whilst I preyty much agree with that sentiment, N, at what point can we stop having to just be grateful for still having a club and move on to wanting things to be better?

Not aimed solely at you per sé, but people keep saying this.