Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sinclair's Oyster Bar In Manc.

leigh white

Had the unusual request today asking me not to use my mobile phone when I walked in that pub today off the bloke on the door, I said i'm not using it. He said no, it's a policy in here to ban mobile phones, tablets, and laptops to encourage folk to start conversing again to each other in this pub.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

It’s a thing throughout the Sam Smiths chain isn’t it, to encourage conversation. 

A pub we went in pre-Rochdale game, also Sam Smiths, had a mobile media ban so I guess you're correct.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Is that the one round the corner from the Medicine Tap? Mate got bollocked off the barmaid for going on his mobile to check where the next pub was 

Norden, I think. Round the corner from one of the Rochdale Whites.

• Site Supporter

The Bridgewater (aka Stonehill) in Farnworth was done up a few years ago and they put real fires in 4 rooms. These fires had to be lit all the time the pub was open, from October to March. 

The owner used to call round unexpectedly and a bollocking ensued for any incendiary malfunctions.

They used to call the landlord coalhand Luke. Other than that the 'no having fun' rule was rigorously applied.