Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe (H)

Okocha10

Hard to look foward to this! Wycombe have a lost a bit of form since the start of the season when they was top of league, clinging onto a playoff spot. 

They have been beaten in their last four away games. Hopefully Crawford's is nearing a comeback which will be a positive.

• Site Supporter

I'll take not losing

EDIT

Just depressed myself, looked at the last 2 full seasons plus this season. We've lost 68 of our 120 games in that period. Southend are our nearest 'challengers' with 61 defeats. 

Double Edit

We've won only 23 of them 120 - a touch over 19%. It really is horrific

Edited by Biggish Dave

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I might do Haydock instead. Cant remember last time I missed a home game when in the country..... think it might have been the Hull match which plenty boycotted at Burnden Park, must be 25-30 years ago.  

😲 Shocked.

Not appetising though. 50mph gusts predicted and an absolute shitload of rain.

Hope Matthews has his shooting boots on.

48 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

😲 Shocked.

Not appetising though. 50mph gusts predicted and an absolute shitload of rain.

Hope Matthews has his shooting boots on.

Might go yet I’ll make the call Saturday morning, it’s not the weather, more the futility of our position. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Wycombe were brilliant with us back in August and I've been hoping they'd get promoted but it appears they've ran out of steam, particularly away from home.  They're probably chuffed they've got us up next to put things right.

1-2 loss

From Facebook:

• BWFCandPROUD

•  
    • 4 hours ago
    •  
    • 1 min read

Why we should give Wycombe fans a warm reception this weekend

It was 3rd August 2019 and the first game of the season as Bolton travelled to Wycombe Wanderers. Bolton sat in administration with the future very unclear. Barry gore stood at the main entrance asking “Az it bin dun” as Sharon Brittan arrived a catchphrase that would go on to come incredibly popular.

At the ground there was a beer tent with food and beer and fans were allowed to mingle together. The well wishes from Wycombe fans were outstanding, nobody wanted to see a club suffer the way that Bolton were.

Bolton made new signings just before kick off and Josh Earl came into a side full of young players and was unfortunately taken off within 15 minutes through injury. Wycombe went on to win the game 2-0 and their fans applauded Bolton and their fans.

Adebayo Akinfenwa Came over to applaud the away fans and Bolton fans broke into song as Sweet Caroline came over the tannoys. Stewards joined in with the travelling support and we was just delighted that we got to start the season as we didn’t know what the future held for us.

Thank you Wycombe we look forward to welcoming you to the University Of Bolton Stadium.

Article wrote by Matthew Lawrenson

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Might go yet I’ll make the call Saturday morning, it’s not the weather, more the futility of our position. 

Well, an amber weather warning (for rain) together with strong winds may make you change your mind! :)

It becomes amber at 3.00pm Saturday! Presumably yellow before that.

I reckon there is a genuine chance it will be off- I hope if this is the case, it's done in plenty of time so as not to bugger about their fans.

We were treated well at their place, hope the powers that be look after them.

• The topic was pinned
On 13/02/2020 at 14:45, Mounts Kipper said:

I might do Haydock instead. Cant remember last time I missed a home game when in the country..... think it might have been the Hull match which plenty boycotted at Burnden Park, must be 25-30 years ago.  

A few Hull City fans in the Wagon & Horses joined in the boycott that day and stopped in the pub.😊

Ffs I know most on here go to many away games more than an owd bastard on here & that ( apart from the craic of a day out) actually I was going to say makes things more demoralising .

But its not true because a glimmer of commarderi & a few ales cover up a lot of fault lines .Being a 'homer' is a bit like a lifer no 'days out  for you ladee' so get your arses down to the Unibol/ Macron/ Reebok you slackers !

9 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Ffs I know most on here go to many away games more than an owd bastard on here & that ( apart from the craic of a day out) actually I was going to say makes things more demoralising .

But its not true because a glimmer of commarderi & a few ales cover up a lot of fault lines .Being a 'homer' is a bit like a lifer no 'days out  for you ladee' so get your arses down to the Unibol/ Macron/ Reebok you slackers !

I’m reluctantly in today, here’s hoping they put some kind of effort in. COYWM!!

9 hours ago, leigh white said:

A few Hull City fans in the Wagon & Horses joined in the boycott that day and stopped in the pub.😊

Can you remember what year it was? I ended up in Blackburn with some LH Reds,   didn’t go to the game just for a drink round the TC. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper