Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe (H)

Okocha10

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Lowe gets absolutely hounded from a fella sat near me for passing it sideways to a man with a white shirt on. 

23 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Usually it’s backwards. Which I’ve no issue with now and again, except  it’s 90% of the time. 

To be fair, even in the last half hour, he (and he wasn't alone) played it around at the back and back to Matthews, and slightly forwards and back and then sideways, back to keeper again...

It was as though they were playing keep-ball and were a couple of goals up.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This is what I was thinking. I know earl said he wanted to stay, but I'm beginning to wonder how many really fancy playing for him. If he's similar in training to his off pitch stuff, then perhaps they don't.

O'Grady, Bunney, Bryan, Mellis, Delaney, Buckley, Hamilton have previously played for Hill, Flitcroft or both and seemed happy to do so again.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

The mystery for me remains Chicksen, playing a couple of games with no left back and replacing him with a player who is decent but no better and not in it for the long term.  Still wierd to me that one.

With Bunney being Plan A for left back, I suspect signing a player that isn’t in it for the long term is entirely deliberate. If we’d have wanted to keep Chicksen then he’d have presumably been expecting a more permanent deal than his original few months, taking a share of the budget with it. 

37 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He’s fucking shit. But at least he’s got some pride. 

You dont mean even believe that, no player that wins as many challenges or makes as many passes as him is shit.  I agree you need that bit extra if you want to be a championship player (pace, trickery, great passing and shooting etc) but at this level if you think he's shit try looking at the other 20 odd players we watch every week.

17 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

It might be clutching at straws but if we're talking about crap games, Bristol Rovers was far worse from start to finish.  In the 1st half hour I could see a plan believe it or not.  We refused to boot the ball.  An ex-season ticket holder who came to his 2nd game of the season (the previous was Southend) commented how the centre backs no longer boot the ball to, they pass it deliberately into feet.  If we'd played Tranmere today we would have won 2-0 and everyone would be positive.  We were beaten by a better team, but there's signs of a plan.

I’m with you, the flukey goal knocked the stuffing out of us again

At half time you wouldn’t guess we were the bottom of this league and they were third from top

We weren’t thrashed, second half we lost our way because of the subbing of Emmanuel, think Keith got that one wrong

Were going to see more of these types of games than the Tranmere game before the season ends

I hope FV trust KH to assemble a squad of his own and give him a chance to turn it round, he deserves that 

29 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

If he comes back like he did before injury I doubt he will be around but you never know 

He's not going to rip up trees, we know he's a decent player but he's not a Politic type who will show up on the highlights with 20 yard shots etc.  He couldnt find a club in the summer and he's had a long term injury, its not a good look on his CV.  I'm optimistic he doesnt get a better offer.  

14 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

With Bunney being Plan A for left back, I suspect signing a player that isn’t in it for the long term is entirely deliberate. If we’d have wanted to keep Chicksen then he’d have presumably been expecting a more permanent deal than his original few months, taking a share of the budget with it. 

I get your logic but Chicksen's got no club, he'd have snatched our hands off for a deal till the summer.  Also it looks better on his CV that he played a full season.  I thought Bunney looked promising, he hits a good long pass with a bit of quality.  But I'd still sign Chicksen on a cheap deal because we'll need 2 left backs and he'd be a great signing for Div 2.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

I’m with you, the flukey goal knocked the stuffing out of us again

At half time you wouldn’t guess we were the bottom of this league and they were third from top

We weren’t thrashed, second half we lost our way because of the subbing of Emmanuel, think Keith got that one wrong

Were going to see more of these types of games than the Tranmere game before the season ends

I hope FV trust KH to assemble a squad of his own and give him a chance to turn it round, he deserves 

Emmanuel was on a yellow

Couldn't be trusted to survive 90

12 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

He's not going to rip up trees, we know he's a decent player but he's not a Politic type who will show up on the highlights with 20 yard shots etc.  He couldnt find a club in the summer and he's had a long term injury, its not a good look on his CV.  I'm optimistic he doesnt get a better offer.  

His goal away at Rochdale wasn’t shabby in the cup but yes I get what your saying 

I think if he shows good in the remaining fixtures a league 1 club will take him, if we can keep him then great 

Edited by radcliffe white

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

So the question there is why. 

why pass back and sideways? cos there’s nowt else on and if it goes long it comes back cos no one up top is holding in to it. 

Yes, I get that, but at two goals down what does not trying to get forward actually do, allow us to keep the score at only 2 - 0 down? Are we really that shit that we're scared of conceding a third because we were trying to score a first?

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Lowe played well.  Hardly failed with a pass or tackle all match, played 2 positions well and never once let his head drop. 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He’s fucking shit. But at least he’s got some pride. 

Jason Lowe has been our most consistent performer all season by a country fucking mile imo, always committed and always gives 100%.

I just can't understand the stick he gets tbh.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Yes, I get that, but at two goals down what does not trying to get forward actually do, allow us to keep the score at only 2 - 0 down? Are we really that shit that we're scared of conceding a third because we were trying to score a first?

It does nothing, much as the same as just throwing it forward and it coming back does the same. 

Both scenarios suggest midfield 

21 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Jason Lowe has been our most consistent performer all season by a country fucking mile imo, always committed and always gives 100%.

Well said, reassuring that I'm not seeing things.  I know his limitations, but within that he plays to his absolute maximum, and you never go 10 minutes without noticing him getting involved in a positive way, I'm fairly sure he's the only player in the squad you can say that about.

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

O'Grady, Bunney, Bryan, Mellis, Delaney, Buckley, Hamilton have previously played for Hill, Flitcroft or both and seemed happy to do so again.

Fuckin hell, there’s some shit there.

40 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Committed yes, but he’s shit, just because the rest of the team are shitter don’t make him a player.