Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
Okocha10

Wycombe (H)

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

O'Grady, Bunney, Bryan, Mellis, Delaney, Buckley, Hamilton have previously played for Hill, Flitcroft or both and seemed happy to do so again.

Fuckin hell, there’s some shit there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

 

Jason Lowe has been our most consistent performer all season by a country fucking mile imo, always committed and always gives 100%.

I just can't understand the stick he gets tbh.

 

Committed yes, but he’s shit, just because the rest of the team are shitter don’t make him a player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Fuckin hell, there’s some shit there.

And that’s why they continue to follow Hill around, shit sticks to shit. No other decent manager would put up with most of them. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Committed yes, but he’s shit, just because the rest of the team are shitter don’t make him a player. 

He's no Andy Pirlo admittedly, but he's been our most consistent performer all season without a doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And he's played all over the place

Left back, right back and centre back in addition to his proper job

Club man and club captain is Jason lowe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Casino said:

And he's played all over the place

Left back, right back and centre back in addition to his proper job

Club man and club captain is Jason lowe

Let’s hope we find someone better in future , if he’s our standard bearer it’s goodnight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Bob on.

Emmanuel had to be replaced but why not use the right back he had on the bench and who's going to be here next season? Taking Lowe out of the middle and leaving Luke Murphy in there on his own, surrendered any initiative we had.

If you mean Brockbank then I'm not sure he's really a right back. He's played all his youth career at centre half, though he's never going to be big enough to play centre half professionally. Any issue with Brockbank will not be personal, Brockbank's old man and Hill mixed in the same circles when I lived up that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

If you mean Brockbank then I'm not sure he's really a right back. He's played all his youth career at centre half, though he's never going to be big enough to play centre half professionally. Any issue with Brockbank will not be personal, Brockbank's old man and Hill mixed in the same circles when I lived up that way. 

Brockbank will be most likely be another who’ll follow Hill around, definitely not a full back but might make it non league centre half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been some depressing afternoons and evenings at the Unibol in the last few seasons but that was one of the very worst. 1st half wasn't bad, some decent passing and movement, couple of good efforts from Hamilton, and going in 0-0 would have set 2nd half up in a much different way.

Second half, they hadn't threatened, we were just starting to look promising then shot ourselves in the foot again. That was in the 62nd minute, over 30 from the end, our clueless, shapeless, half arsed efforts from then on at getting back into were a disgrace. Not a single chance created or any concerning moments for their keeper or defence, despite them playing into the teeth of the wind. Far too many of those who'd looked decent first half completely disappeared, there was zero width,  zero quality, zero attempts. Absolutely mind numbing dross. 

 

Edited by ianofcleveleys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could be right in that he'll follow Hill around. He could turn out to be a right back or a defensive midfielder at a push. Would prefer that he learns his trade as a full back on loan rather than with us, Emmanuel for all his faults, is a better option at full back right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree re Emmanuel.

Which speaks volumes

He looked fantastic against us last season

Which speaks volumes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And hill and brockbank did live on the same small estate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remembered

Getting dripped on ain't no fun

#fixtheroof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Casino said:

Just remembered

Getting dripped on ain't no fun

#fixtheroof

 

Give Brockbank's uncle a call, does a bit of roofing I hear. His old man wasn't a bad footballer by all accounts too. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

If you mean Brockbank then I'm not sure he's really a right back. He's played all his youth career at centre half, though he's never going to be big enough to play centre half professionally. Any issue with Brockbank will not be personal, Brockbank's old man and Hill mixed in the same circles when I lived up that way. 

He's played all his League 1 career at full back up to now hasn't he?

It was madness to put Lowe back there and change our shape so we had less bodies in the centre of midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason Lowe?

Limited ability, but no shirker. He's absolutely nowhere near the top of our on-field problems. No nonsense, nice and steady. He's very aware of what he can and can't do. If we could afford him, I'd have no issues with him being the leader of an otherwise fairly young team next season.

Brockbank
Edwards
Zouma
Bunney
Senior
Graham
Faal all need to given some game time in the comng months to prepare them for next season, but just 1 or 2 at a time, let's not throw them all in at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a moment of weakness near the end and started feeling slightly sorry for Hill in that the bulk of those he's been allowed to bring in on day one or in this window were available for a reason, not catching at other clubs in same division or nowhere near in the one above. Few of them the sorts he'd want to bring in with a free hand and a budget. Can understand, in those circumstances, why some of the likes of O'Grady, Bunney and Buckley were brought in, knew what they offered and trustworthy squad fillers. Unlucky with some of the injuries, especially Crawford, too much chopping and changing at the back, loss of creativity. 

Then I gave my head a wobble and reminded myself of how Hill spouts so much shite in the media, absolves himself of any responsibility one minute then defends his players the next, and appears incapable of drilling and organizing a team to get through even half a game without gifting opponents a goal  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Duck Egg said:

 

It was madness to put Lowe back there and change our shape so we had less bodies in the centre of midfield.

Agreed, an absolutely menkul decision that only  pub team manager would make, oh hang on a minute.

As an aside, the East Stand roof leaks even when it's not raining ffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

He's played all his League 1 career at full back up to now hasn't he?

It was madness to put Lowe back there and change our shape so we had less bodies in the centre of midfield.

Yes correct, about five games and maybe two last season. But youth cente halves always get let in at fullback first.

He's never going to be a professional centre half. I'm not the tallest bloke in the world and I have an inch or two on his old man. Harry is a shade taller than me. 

He's played all his youth career at centre half and if he's going to learn fullback on the job, it would be better if he did it on loan. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Traf said:

Jason Lowe?

Limited ability, but no shirker. He's absolutely nowhere near the top of our on-field problems. No nonsense, nice and steady. He's very aware of what he can and can't do. If we could afford him, I'd have no issues with him being the leader of an otherwise fairly young team next season.

Brockbank
Edwards
Zouma
Bunney
Senior
Graham
Faal all need to given some game time in the comng months to prepare them for next season, but just 1 or 2 at a time, let's not throw them all in at once.

Voice of reason. Bravo sir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Voice of reason. Bravo sir. 

I've calmed down somewhat. I was fuming on the drive home. The M66 was treacherous and I was severely wondering why I keep going.

But, despite all protestations, we all know I'll still be there next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brocky might be too small for central defence, but like someone said t'other week - Cannavaro was only about 3ft 6.

A can of fuckin' lager would do a better job than most of our centre halves this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Traf said:

I've calmed down somewhat. I was fuming on the drive home. The M66 was treacherous and I was severely wondering why I keep going.

But, despite all protestations, we all know I'll still be there next season. 

Good stuff I'll be there too. Lowe is the least of our worries, we'll be lucky if we still have him next year.

Cool heads required in the stands almost as much as the dugouts next year and for the remainder of this. 

COYFWM!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Brocky might be too small for central defence, but like someone said t'other week - Cannavaro was only about 3ft 6.

A can of fuckin' lager would do a better job than most of our centre halves this season.

How many games did Cannavaro play in League 1/2?

I like Harry and his family, his gran was friends with my mum. He's never going to be a football league centre half as long as I have a hole in my arse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

How many games did Cannavaro play in League 1/2?

As a former World Cup winner i'd have thought leagues 1 or 2 would be a pees of pees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.