Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
Escobarp

Citeh banned from Europe

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, zurichwhite said:

Sorry if I missed already Rudy, but are you able to say what his job is at City

Started as a fitness/defence coach, then fitness analyst, now fitness researcher. Mainly based at the club and training ground but travel around the UK and Europe occasionally looking at new fitness techniques before reporting back.

1 hour ago, Casino said:

If they werent cheating, thered be less cash to spend on wages

So, less staff

A lot of the staff are contracted to the club and were before here ADUG. 
We have less staff then any of the ‘big’ clubs, which is due to the current regime wanting a smaller back room staff who he’s used in the past,  and he has inherited staff that were here before him the back room wage budget is smaller, and other clubs pay a lot more than City.
The playing staff may be payed more which is where I assume the problems have arisen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Any chance of moonlighting at Bolton - or do you require players to be at least half fit?

Contracted to the club for the next four years at least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Casino said:

Prem ffp and uefa ffp are different, i think

And prem and championship are different

And league 2 doesnt have it, i think

Its a mess

Just let clubs go bust if they wanr

Nothing to do with clubs going bust and everything to preserve the status quo for G14 clubs. City have proved their investment strategy was sound with revenues due to outstrip Utds. 

Ultimately this is what City will take to European courts against UEFA as being restriction of business competition if CAS dont overturn ruling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the to-hate-or-not-to-hate debate, my take is I 'hate' Blackburn, Burnley and Wigan to the extent that a win against them is worth more than a win against someone else.  Winning away there stays in the memory for a long time, so I would sacrifice for arguments sake a point against someone else to get a win against them.  It matters to the morale of the club.  For teams we arent playing, the Uniteds and Citys, the only reason I want them to fail is they are indirect competitors for fans.  Its true to say they dont care about us, but that's not the point.  Every time United or City win a trophy the 6 year old lad in your street is more likely to "support" them (without EVER watching them live) than he is to agree to go to a Bolton game any time soon and potentially get hooked.  It feels better for us that United arent an automatic pull for young fans, I've got 2 one year old grand children and I dont want them to see United and City winning trophies then having to go to school to be surrounded by their fans.  Keep them down, and help spread the fans around, to support clubs they might even pay to watch occasionally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Casino said:

Prem ffp and uefa ffp are different, i think

And prem and championship are different

And league 2 doesnt have it, i think

Its a mess

Just let clubs go bust if they wanr

In League Two, clubs are limited to spending only a certain percentage of their turnover on wages. I think it's either 55 or 60%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

In League Two, clubs are limited to spending only a certain percentage of their turnover on wages. I think it's either 55 or 60%.

This can include input from owners,  hence Salford's spending

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daily Star: Manchester City are facing a possible Premier League points deduction and could even be forced to play in League Two in the wake of their Champions League ban, experts have warned.

Possibility of a big derby next season 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

On the to-hate-or-not-to-hate debate, my take is I 'hate' Blackburn, Burnley and Wigan to the extent that a win against them is worth more than a win against someone else.  Winning away there stays in the memory for a long time, so I would sacrifice for arguments sake a point against someone else to get a win against them.  It matters to the morale of the club.  For teams we arent playing, the Uniteds and Citys, the only reason I want them to fail is they are indirect competitors for fans.  Its true to say they dont care about us, but that's not the point.  Every time United or City win a trophy the 6 year old lad in your street is more likely to "support" them (without EVER watching them live) than he is to agree to go to a Bolton game any time soon and potentially get hooked.  It feels better for us that United arent an automatic pull for young fans, I've got 2 one year old grand children and I dont want them to see United and City winning trophies then having to go to school to be surrounded by their fans.  Keep them down, and help spread the fans around, to support clubs they might even pay to watch occasionally.

Nail. Head. Whacked.

Nothing personal just business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chatting to my citeh supporting mate and he's been pretty pragmatic about it all.

Having supported them for so long he was just enjoying the good times before it all went tits up in a spectacular way that would be pure city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, green genie said:

Nothing to do with clubs going bust and everything to preserve the status quo for G14 clubs. City have proved their investment strategy was sound with revenues due to outstrip Utds. 

Ultimately this is what City will take to European courts against UEFA as being restriction of business competition if CAS dont overturn ruling.

You forget Brexit, perhaps, can a UK company invoke European law? I agree that in real life  the UEFA rules are probably illegal but City will have signed up to those rules to enable them to play in UEFA competitions.

It is ironic that an ownership who want to pump millions into a club end up exceeding limits and being punished, whilst some owners without 2 halfpennies to rub together can leave assorted creditors out if pocket to the tune of millions and take a club out of business or damn close to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/02/2020 at 11:48, Mannyroader said:

You forget Brexit, perhaps, can a UK company invoke European law? I agree that in real life  the UEFA rules are probably illegal but City will have signed up to those rules to enable them to play in UEFA competitions.

It is ironic that an ownership who want to pump millions into a club end up exceeding limits and being punished, whilst some owners without 2 halfpennies to rub together can leave assorted creditors out if pocket to the tune of millions and take a club out of business or damn close to it.

Swiss law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Swiss law.

Come on Malc you know about facts. How the hell can Switzerland flourish outside EU law. 

Hope City can overturn ban. FFP is a massive con and before anyone says well they knew the rules look at Real Madrid and how they have bent rules in past. Now the likes of Real hide behind FFP out of pure selfishness and greed. Irony being Citehs owners are best and most responsible of owners. Look at that area of Manchester now. The whole community has benefitted. Hope they fuck UEFA in court the bent bastards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snowball said:

Come on Malc you know about facts. How the hell can Switzerland flourish outside EU law. 

Hope City can overturn ban. FFP is a massive con and before anyone says well they knew the rules look at Real Madrid and how they have bent rules in past. Now the likes of Real hide behind FFP out of pure selfishness and greed. Irony being Citehs owners are best and most responsible of owners. Look at that area of Manchester now. The whole community has benefitted. Hope they fuck UEFA in court the bent bastards. 

Totally agree

 

Wenger can fuck off an all

Edited by boltondiver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Totally agree

 

Wenger can fuck off an all

On this I totally agree. Bollocks rules designed to protect likes of Arsenal, Man Utd and Real...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

On this I totally agree. Bollocks rules designed to protect likes of Arsenal, Man Utd and Real...

Arsenal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Arsenal have the highest ticket prices and spend fuck all. 

So ran very well and very sustainably and not reliant on wealthy owners propping them up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Arsenal?

At time of introduction Arsenal had 2nd highest revenue behind Man Utd. Given the system is weighted towards those with higher revenue...it suited the bigger clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

So ran very well and very sustainably and not reliant on wealthy owners propping them up?

Give over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, snowball said:

Give over. 

Give over what? I’m responding to a statement that says they have by definition one of the highest levels of revenue and spend very little which would be a very well ran business subject to the Re investment of profits at the correct time of course. So what are you give overing at??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

At time of introduction Arsenal had 2nd highest revenue behind Man Utd. Given the system is weighted towards those with higher revenue...it suited the bigger clubs.

I assume you mean highest revenue in terms of premier league and not Europe 

Wenger was instrumental in the move to the Emirates as he could see how much they were restricted by the capacity at highbury. Having a degree in economics probably helped 

By all accounts they are well run as kronke is a tight bastard which the fans don't like but pay the highest season tickets

Fuck knows what Ozil is on but they shifted a lot of it onto Man Utd with Sanchez 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

At time of introduction Arsenal had 2nd highest revenue behind Man Utd. Given the system is weighted towards those with higher revenue...it suited the bigger clubs.

And how much was it? 

Saying second is fine but without a quantifiable amount it means nothing 

Man Utd could have spent £100m let's say, arsenal £30m in second place 

It's still second but not really comparative

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

And how much was it? 

Saying second is fine but without a quantifiable amount it means nothing 

Man Utd could have spent £100m let's say, arsenal £30m in second place 

It's still second but not really comparative

I can feel another thread slowly dying a death.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.