Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Caroline Flack

barryk32

• Members
38 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

So where does the blame lie when it comes to social media, with the companies themselves, or the general public? The companies and everyone who encourages them.

I'll be honest, I had no idea what had gone on in her life till all this happened, other than noticing she was presenting love islandAlmost ditto but I didn't even know this.

Wonder if the details of what she did to get arrested wlll be made fully public now. Not so sure in these days of every single bad thing being the fault of white males. The boyfriend will be a somnambulist who tripped and headbutted the lamp.

As for the CPS, do they pursue every case even when the victim doesn't want to press charges even though there's clearly been wrong doing? If so, fair enough Can't answer definitively on this (fanny 5 will be able to of course if he's not too busy at NATO, NASA, Greenpeace, the WWF etc. planning world peace) but my understanding is that once a complaint has been made they are duty bound to consider it, even if the complainant decides to withdraw. Makes sense I suppose as a violent act complaint may become a bribery case with someone potentially being paid off to withdraw or change their story. I must admit to wondering if something like this went on here to save her career (i.e. boyfriend being offered inducements to withdraw).

10 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Guys been lauded as a hero for gay men for coming out. In reality he’s a beast and has been protected by his employer. 
caroline Flack was vilified by the same employer for a domestic bust up. Sad state of affairs 

Hang on a post above this you said you had no idea if its true...now you're saying "in reality"....perhaps we should not jump to an assumption. 

9 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Hang on a post above this you said you had no idea if its true...now you're saying "in reality"....perhaps we should not jump to an assumption. 

Figure of speech. I stand by what I said. We don’t know 

but it would appear that he may well be a dirty nonce. If proven throw the book at him. 

and either way. If a man cheats on his wife for years or the other way round explain why that person is put on a pedestal? It’s wrong 

Edited by Escobarp

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Figure of speech. I stand by what I said. We don’t know 

but it would appear that he may well be a dirty nonce. If proven throw the book at him. 

and either way. If a man cheats on his wife for years or the other way round explain why that person is put on a pedestal? It’s wrong 

We do not know he was cheating - we do not know the circumstances at all. 

I'd say that you can see what you want to - older famous man legally sleeps with 19/20 year old girls - he's congratulated by society. Same situation with 19/20 year old men - different story. There are huge societal inconsistencies that go both ways. Clearly if anyone has broken the law then that's a completely different place - but I'd not be taking everything online as gospel until something is proven one way or another.

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

We do not know he was cheating - we do not know the circumstances at all. 

I'd say that you can see what you want to - older famous man legally sleeps with 19/20 year old girls - he's congratulated by society. Same situation with 19/20 year old men - different story. There are huge societal inconsistencies that go both ways. Clearly if anyone has broken the law then that's a completely different place - but I'd not be taking everything online as gospel until something is proven one way or another.

You missed the word  married before man 

but crack on if you think it’s ok. 

• Site Supporter

Nasir affzal on breakfast earlier, explaining the role of the CPS and what they consider. When he was in post, similar events happened to him, both defendant and victim.

He also went on to say we, as a country, are increasingly aware, and want due process of domestic abuse. 

There is automatically an investigation to ensure the cps did things correctly.

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

You missed the word  married before man 

but crack on if you think it’s ok. 

I'm pointing out that there are inconsistencies all over the show. Men generally get a far easier time with infidelity than women do. 

And in the specific case we have no idea if that's even an issue - but even if it is lets say he was having an affair with a 20 year old girl - there'd be loads of "woah good going Phil" type comments as well as the usual mock rage and anger. 

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

I'm pointing out that there are inconsistencies all over the show. Men generally get a far easier time with infidelity than women do. 

And in the specific case we have no idea if that's even an issue - but even if it is lets say he was having an affair with a 20 year old girl - there'd be loads of "woah good going Phil" type comments as well as the usual mock rage and anger. 

I would still be saying the same thing. As long as the person they are cheating with is of a suitable age then that’s entirely upto them to do what they want and they should deal with the consequences. Not be portrayed as a hero in the media for being such a strong little trooper and admitting he likes to pump bottoms or be pumped. I see it completely different than you. If he had come out says my marriage is over I’m shagging a young girl he would be vilified. Whereas because he’s come out as gay he’s a hero for gay rights etc. it’s utter bollocks and a wider societal issue. So I see it as the reverse of how you see which is no surprise. So why not we agree that you don’t comment on my posts and I will do it likewise 

guy I worked with over ten years ago came out. We all knew. It was obvious as he was camper than Xmas. He was married with two kids. Left his wife for his boyfriend.  Everyone felt sorry for him at work. I felt sorry for his wife and kids not him. 
anyway two years later he killed himself. Why? Nobody knows. 

if someone comes out as gay they are deemed to be strong and this and that. When in reality there is almost always a victim. 

• Members
10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Nasir affzal on breakfast earlier, explaining the role of the CPS and what they consider. When he was in post, similar events happened to him, both defendant and victim.

He also went on to say we, as a country, are increasingly aware, and want due process of domestic abuse. 

Let’s take out gender and celebrity status. Domestic abuse case, where the victim was hit with something, what were the CPS supposed to do? 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I would still be saying the same thing. As long as the person they are cheating with is of a suitable age then that’s entirely upto them to do what they want and they should deal with the consequences. Not be portrayed as a hero in the media for being such a strong little trooper and admitting he likes to pump bottoms or be pumped. I see it completely different than you. If he had come out says my marriage is over I’m shagging a young girl he would be vilified. Whereas because he’s come out as gay he’s a hero for gay rights etc. it’s utter bollocks and a wider societal issue. So I see it as the reverse of how you see which is no surprise. So why not we agree that you don’t comment on my posts and I will do it likewise 

guy I worked with over ten years ago came out. We all knew. It was obvious as he was camper than Xmas. He was married with two kids. Left his wife for his boyfriend.  Everyone felt sorry for him at work. I felt sorry for his wife and kids not him. 
anyway two years later he killed himself. Why? Nobody knows. 

if someone comes out as gay they are deemed to be strong and this and that. When in reality there is almost always a victim. 

See I agree that leaving your wife and kids out of the blue regardless of the gender you're wanting to is an awful thing to do. Its no worse whether you're straight or gay. And in certain scenarios its unavoidable. Its ridiculously hard on your family of course. And I'd agree people who do this regardless aren't victims but I guess some do it lightly and for some it takes an irrecoverable toll on their lives as possibly it did with your colleague.

We simply don't know whether PS has been faithful all this time waited till his kids are grown up - whether he's had mental health issues, whether he's been cheating for years - nobody knows, nor how long his family knew for. 

Its possible to imagine how difficult it is for someone coming out in later life whilst also feeling sorry for their family and the consequences of what they've done. Its tough all round and my view is just be kind to everyone - and assume the best not the worst. 

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

far enough like

you'd like to think that they would  now follow this process each and every time a case of abuse is initially reported, regardless of gender or public status - all too often in the past you hear of women who drop charges out of fear, then it happens again

from what I've read over the past couple of days, I'm still struggling to see how the press or "social media" are to blame - even though they appear to be blaming each other

when it looks like, to me, she's a serial domestic abuser (based on her ex alluding to it despite being under NDA), who's been caught, lost her job, up for trial and probably going through inner turmoil thinking she's about to lose everything and that, tragically, the only way out is suicide

poor girl in that she saw that as the only answer, but I don't think anyone is to blame except for herself, her actions, her choices 

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

far enough like

you'd like to think that they would  now follow this process each and every time a case of abuse is initially reported, regardless of gender or public status - all too often in the past you hear of women who drop charges out of fear, then it happens again

from what I've read over the past couple of days, I'm still struggling to see how the press or "social media" are to blame - even though they appear to be blaming each other

when it looks like, to me, she's a serial domestic abuser (based on her ex alluding to it despite being under NDA), who's been caught, lost her job, up for trial and probably going through inner turmoil thinking she's about to lose everything and that, tragically, the only way out is suicide

poor girl in that she saw that as the only answer, but I don't think anyone is to blame except for herself, her actions, her choices 

Not sure that blame is the way to go - but the media, social media, wider societal behaviour - all contribute. We can all be better. And the media have to look at themselves seriously for the way they treat people - it drives a lot of the social media and societal commentary. 

People usually take their own lives for a wide variety of reasons, things that all build up. Nobody knows but had she been given more privacy and left out of the papers with less commentary on SM she may not have taken her own life.

Bottom line is - we all need to be kinder. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Not sure that blame is the way to go - but the media, social media, wider societal behaviour - all contribute. We can all be better. And the media have to look at themselves seriously for the way they treat people - it drives a lot of the social media and societal commentary. 

People usually take their own lives for a wide variety of reasons, things that all build up. Nobody knows but had she been given more privacy and left out of the papers with less commentary on SM she may not have taken her own life.

Bottom line is - we all need to be kinder. 

it probably isn't, you're right on that one, but it does seem that plenty want to pin it on someone other than herself, because it's easier and more comforting

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Am I correct in thinking that NiC had said in a different thread that it was common knowledge in his industry re Schofield and his young boyfriend ?

Some guy had said it a month before it came out, excuse the pun, but was widely ignored on twitter,  so it does appear to have quite a lot of substance. 

Just catching up on all opinions on both topics here. 

First of all I'm mates with a camera guy on a lot of the ITV stuff, they all knew, he was rogering the runner who I believe is currently 18 and it's been going on a while. The lad was going to sell the story for whatever reason, Schofield got ahead of it. 

It is what it is, who's to say the wife didn't know and it's been amicable, even if not though it really doesn't matter. Careers and livelihoods and privacy for me shouldn't be dictated by who you're shagging (providing it's all legal of course), regardless of marital status. It isn't a public matter. 

The Flack stuff is a weird one for me, from the details I know she's assaulted her boyfriend with a weapon whilst he's been sleeping, bit of a shit move. Now because of her status that she's willingly and happily sought after she's come under fire and in my opinion rightly so for her actions and that appears to have been too much for her to handle. 

Maybe I'm being callous though, I have no idea what that situation must be like and understand the press can be brutal, again we'll probably never know the real details and equally neither should we. Still always sad when someone sees that as their only option, especially when it's frequently not the case.

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

it probably isn't, you're right on that one, but it does seem that plenty want to pin it on someone other than herself, because it's easier and more comforting

It's easier because she is a famous and fairly young and beautiful celebrity off the telly. If we were talking about a girl who had spent her life on the wrong side of the law doing all kinds of vile druggy stuff, half her teeth missing, greasy hair, scruffy clothes, nobody would give two shits about what went on before her death and by whom. 

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

It's easier because she is a famous and fairly young and beautiful celebrity off the telly. If we were talking about a girl who had spent her life on the wrong side of the law doing all kinds of vile druggy stuff, half her teeth missing, greasy hair, scruffy clothes, nobody would give two shits about what went on before her death and by whom. 

Amy Winehouse by any chance ?

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Am I correct in thinking that NiC had said in a different thread that it was common knowledge in his industry re Schofield and his young boyfriend ?

Some guy had said it a month before it came out, excuse the pun, but was widely ignored on twitter,  so it does appear to have quite a lot of substance. 

Your definition of something appearing to have a lot of substance might be different to mine. So guy on twitter...sorry....some guy on twitter claims something nuts every few seconds....

I'm not saying it isn't true, simply that right now its rather the stuff of internet legend some of those things ultimately are true - the vast majority however....

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Your definition of something appearing to have a lot of substance might be different to mine. So guy on twitter...sorry....some guy on twitter claims something nuts every few seconds....

I'm not saying it isn't true, simply that right now its rather the stuff of internet legend some of those things ultimately are true - the vast majority however....

See Anderson's post above and NiC's....enough said.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Amy Winehouse by any chance ?

An ideal example. Those who didn't idolise her because of her obvious talent saw a troubled young lady who killed herself, shrugged their collective shoulders and moved on. It's probably what the world will do with Caroline Flack as well if the papers and CPS are not really responsible for the well-being of a person they're villifying in order to sell papers.

Just now, royal white said:

I see celebrities are all over this death saying “can we not all be kind” “just be nice” and “just show love” the same hypocrites who have been using the same platforms over the last few months to slag politicians and anyone that supports them off. Fkin hypocrites 

This 

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

I see celebrities are all over this death saying “can we not all be kind” “just be nice” and “just show love” the same hypocrites who have been using the same platforms over the last few months to slag politicians and anyone that supports them off. Fkin hypocrites 

Absolute nail on the head there pal 👍

11 minutes ago, royal white said:

Are they? Can you give specific examples?

• Members

A lot of finger pointing at the rags like this is a new thing. 
They've been like this for a long long time and it sells papers without any responsibility. They won’t change while people still buy them. 
RW is right it’s full of hypocrites out there.