Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Harry Gregg RIP

freds dad

Great photo, Gregg always came across as a lovely humble, happy fella, his humility and humanity shined through despite the fact his personal life was littered with tragic events, you wouldn’t think so given his persona so it’s a sad day for me to hear he’s passed away.  RIP Harry, sure Nat and Matt will be waiting to put their arms round you along with the Busby Babes. 

34 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Didn't know a great deal about him but another little bit of our history gone even though he was on the opposition team in 1958.

RIP Harry

Get what your saying, but no one can take our history away from us. BWfC are a massive part of a golden era of football and that will always be the case. 

• Moderators

Call to radio manc, this morning

Emd of the 58 cup final, lofthouse has the ball and gregg snatches it off him and boots it into the crowd so lofthouse cant keep it

Ball is caught in the crowd by a butcher from astley or nearby

He meets up with lofthouse in the days after the final and gives the ball to sir nat

I got the ball at Crewe (A) years ago, when Philliskirk got his 20th or 25th of that season.

It was the milestone that got him and his family a holiday in the USA off the chairman. I ended up getting the ball to him a week later and he gave me a signed shirt in return.

• Members
3 hours ago, leigh white said:

A loose shot came in my direction at the Curzon Ashton v Leigh Genesis game, tried to volley it back, kicked it and the ball went straight over my head and out of the ground.

Class is permanent M. It never leaves you.

7 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Tbf you would have had trouble kicking a soggy casey out the ground 😊

I had a scout watching me once when i played, he asked me would I be interested in joining the Albion, I said West Brom, no,the Albion in the Eccles Sunday League.😊

Edited by leigh white