Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Big Telly's

leigh white

11 minutes ago, leigh white said:

That's about right, I think the larger screens removes all the quality of the colour compared to something what's going to be blocking up half my living room.

Get what you want but the best TV's the best quality ones on the market are 55" and above generally. Just saying. That's the market where manufacturers put the quality screens in and best features.

19 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Get what you want but the best TV's the best quality ones on the market are 55" and above generally. Just saying. That's the market where manufacturers put the quality screens in and best features.

Torn now, my current one is only 31 inch, but really sound. It will be relegated to the bedroom when i choose the next one.

4 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I remember my owd fella getting a colour TV in time for the 1970 World Cup finals in Mexico, colour TV's weren't all that common at the time - most were still Black + White.

Folk walking past my dads house used to stand outside staring at it.

We stopped outside an house in Tyldesley going to pub in 71 looking in, it was a fucking fish tank.

Just now, leigh white said:

It was a Luxury Gap at the time between my mam and her sister.

Re Temptation,  I was going to say higher and higher...but that obviously doesn't apply to you 😉

Let us know if you're going up to Barrow to toast your sadly departed mate,  sorry to hear about that pal, and I'll jump on the rattler with you 👍

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Re Temptation,  I was going to say higher and higher...but that obviously doesn't apply to you 😉

Let us know if you're going up to Barrow to toast your sadly departed mate,  sorry to hear about that pal, and I'll jump on the rattler with you 👍

He was very clever educated bloke, he just liked having a ruck at away games when outnumbered, last time I saw him was at Tranmere a few years ago having a go at the tramps, Barrow only took a small following of lads, compared to Bolton this season, but one got jailed and the rest banning orders after the ruckus in the Prenton Park pub.

4 minutes ago, leigh white said:

He was very clever educated bloke, he just liked having a ruck at away games when outnumbered, last time I saw him was at Tranmere a few years ago having a go at the tramps, Barrow only took a small following of lads, compared to Bolton this season, but one got jailed and the rest banning orders after the ruckus in the Prenton Park pub.

Hope you're raising a glass in his memory tonight Mick 🍺👍