Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Skiing

Spider

• Members
5 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Usually got some words in there like it’s ace or it’s awesome, and you should try it you’d love it. 

A recipe for broken bones from what I can see. The scenery and the apres ski all seem good though.

2 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Usually got some words in there like it’s ace or it’s awesome, and you should try it you’d love it. 

Had a message last night from a mate to be fair he’s a decent lad who’s in Italy was discussing meeting up to talk business, he finished it by saying he’s in Verona been skiing and  I should try it next year. 😂

Its fecking shite. Its for people with above average co-ordination and balance skills to show off whilst literally the other 90% are pissing round in the freezing cold trying to stand up on the baby slopes. Its one of the worst things I've ever done. Freeze your nuts off, cling onto chair lifts for dear life and spend half your holiday trying to stand up. 

And even when you start to be just about passable and go on the higher slopes - what is the fucking point? Oh great ski down the mountain back to the place you fucking started at. By which point you are freezing, wet and pissed off beyond all belief at the one nob you are with who is straining the leash to go down the black run. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

36 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Its fecking shite. Its for people with above average co-ordination and balance skills to show off whilst literally the other 90% are pissing round in the freezing cold trying to stand up on the baby slopes. Its one of the worst things I've ever done. Freeze your nuts off, cling onto chair lifts for dear life and spend half your holiday trying to stand up. 

And even when you start to be just about passable and go on the higher slopes - what is the fucking point? Oh great ski down the mountain back to the place you fucking started at. By which point you are freezing, wet and pissed off beyond all belief at the one nob you are with who is straining the leash to go down the black run. 

This is how I’ve always viewed it. I’d be up for the apres ski though. 😂

Also I fancy going to one of the ski jumping events, looks a fantastic spectacle big crowds get pissed while watching utter loons throw themselves of a snow ramp. It’s definitely on my bucket list. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

This is how I’ve always viewed it. I’d be up for the apres ski though. 😂

Also I fancy going to one of the ski jumping events, looks a fantastic spectacle big crowds get pissed while watching utter loons throw themselves of a snow ramp. It’s definitely on my bucket list. 

I also think that's a bit shite - get togged up in full gear to walk to some lodge in the freezing cold and deep snow - get pissed - then inevitably end up with snow in your socks on the way back and frostbite in the morning. 

I'd rather just do anything else....

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I also think that's a bit shite - get togged up in full gear to walk to some lodge in the freezing cold and deep snow - get pissed - then inevitably end up with snow in your socks on the way back and frostbite in the morning. 

I'd rather just do anything else....

For me the choice is go somewhere hot in winter or somewhere cold, hot has always won out. 

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Its fecking shite. Its for people with above average co-ordination and balance skills to show off whilst literally the other 90% are pissing round in the freezing cold trying to stand up on the baby slopes. Its one of the worst things I've ever done. Freeze your nuts off, cling onto chair lifts for dear life and spend half your holiday trying to stand up

We've all been there :drinks:

Tried it once but it was at that dry slope in Rossendale. Fell over and gave it up as a bad job

Tried ice skating at one of those rinks that pop up around Christmas. Fell over though took out a bloke who thought he was Wilf O'Reilly. Thing was after getting up from the ice it looked like I had pissed myself so went to a bar and just watched everybody. 

Which is what I should have done from the start

• Moderators

Used to work with a lad who was born under a black cloud and had the worst of luck with everything

In something like Feb him and his mates booked to go skiing between Christmas and new year

He went to chill factor almost every week to get as good at it as he possibly could

The day they flew out he came down with severe man flu and spent the entirety of the holiday in bed

Other examples of his bad luck:

His ambition was to own a lotus kit car, a week after he finally got one someone crashed into him and wrote it off

His other ambition was to have a bird and get laid, he some how managed to find a stunner through online dating and in the build up to his second date where it was on he managed to somehow get an infected scrotum and wasn't even able to have a wank for weeks by which time the girl was long gone

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Used to work with a lad who was born under a black cloud and had the worst of luck with everything

In something like Feb him and his mates booked to go skiing between Christmas and new year

He went to chill factor almost every week to get as good at it as he possibly could

The day they flew out he came down with severe man flu and spent the entirety of the holiday in bed

Other examples of his bad luck:

His ambition was to own a lotus kit car, a week after he finally got one someone crashed into him and wrote it off

His other ambition was to have a bird and get laid, he some how managed to find a stunner through online dating and in the build up to his second date where it was on he managed to somehow get an infected scrotum and wasn't even able to have a wank for weeks by which time the girl was long gone

Is your scrotum ok now?

On 26/02/2020 at 19:23, jules_darby said:

Meribel on Friday for me

🤷🏽‍♂️

Your to old for Meribel its full of teenagers on the lash. I’m back out in Montchavin next week if you’re still there I will come round for a day and show you how to ski 🎿