Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

RIP dad

Escobarp

• Moderators

Sorry to hear that mate

Mine are getting on on but both still here, whenever I hear of an older person passing each day it saddens me that I know it could happen any time, but makes me make the most of them as often as I can, particularly as they are now grandparents

we're all with you x

Tough old day that’s for sure. Just starting to sink in now I won’t get to have another pint with him or argue with him about football or even speak to him again. 

guess nothing prepares you for the loss of a loved one. Cherish every moment. It’s a cliche but it’s very true indeed 

I’m very grateful for all the kind words. It means a lot 

16 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Tough old day that’s for sure. Just starting to sink in now I won’t get to have another pint with him or argue with him about football or even speak to him again. 

guess nothing prepares you for the loss of a loved one. Cherish every moment. It’s a cliche but it’s very true indeed 

I’m very grateful for all the kind words. It means a lot 

Just in the final stages of emptying my Mum and Dads house what they had lived in since 1958, place was like a palace and looking like a complete shell now, heartbreaking mate. Kept every single photo and framed picture of them together. It won't bring them back, but it will evoke memories for the time you had with them.

• Members
15 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Sorry for your loss too Pete.

See you for a catch up when you're back mate x

Will try mate but we are only there for two nights and might all be tied up with family stuff. Will be spending a lot more time there in the not too distant future.

• Members
13 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Sorry to hear your sad news Escobarp, i did the same and posted it on here when my old fella passed away in 2006, dunno why i posted it but it made me feel a tad better at the time, it was sort of therapeutic somehow. Condolences to Bolty also for his recent loss, all the best mate.

Cheers J.

9 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Yes, if you want ill drive one if you fancy Leeds or Liverpool, train to Manc.  Sorry Escobar 

Manchester is a Saturday so we'll get cunted and go on the train, Leeds is a Thurday, no Liverpool this time so perhaps you could drive to Leeds. We'll have to see if that spunk trunmpet Smiley wants to come

Just now, Widnes Two Hats said:

Manchester is a Saturday so we'll get cunted and go on the train, Leeds is a Thurday, no Liverpool this time so perhaps you could drive to Leeds. We'll have to see if that spunk trunmpet Smiley wants to come

Prefer Leeds to Liverpool, just waiting on Smiley then.  Sorry again Escobar