Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

RIP dad

Escobarp

36 minutes ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

Oh and Sorry Escobar, you seem like a decent lad, didn't want to turn it into a Stranglers thread but you know the rules, every thread decends into something else

No need to apologise. Least it’s not turned into a “footballers sounding like” thread and we’ve had no straighteners offered. Although  my old Man would’ve laughed himself silly at that had it happened god rest his soul 

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

No need to apologise. Least it’s not turned into a “footballers sounding like” thread and we’ve had no straighteners offered. Although  my old Man would’ve laughed himself silly at that had it happened god rest his soul 

Was he a Brexiteer?

Edited by boltondiver

10 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Was he a Brexiteer?

He was mate. One of the visionary’s although in saying that he spent serval weeks a year in Spain on holiday as he loved that and was moaning about the thought of extra passport control queues 😂😂

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

He was mate. One of the visionary’s although in saying that he spent serval weeks a year in Spain on holiday as he loved that and was moaning about the thought of extra passport control queues 😂😂

Good lad!

On 26/02/2020 at 14:51, Widnes Two Hats said:

Leeds 12th November

Manchester 14th November

Averaging £35 A ticket, each gig.  Buying outside or getting them early? 

Escobar, I hate passport control too, I'm with your owd fella on that one, should get a sponsor sheet for the amount of walking after disembarking 

Edited by Breightmet Boy
Spelling mistakes

• Moderators

Lost both of mine in the last ten years

Very easy to take as both lost the dementia battle

About 3 weeks back, for the first time,i wanted to see em once again

Dunno why, very strange

Anyway, theres a fella posted on this thread lost his dad a good few years back

He mustve been late teens when it happened

Thats shit

At least mine got to see me grow up(ish)

• Site Supporter

Lost my Dad mid 20's. His appetite for scotch and long hours on the road got shut of him.

Been told tonight my Mum's clock is into its final days. She's 82, has cancer and whilst deeply distressing , it is in all honesty the natural order. She watched her grandson get buried 4 weeks ago and that seems to have finished her off. It's not right, burying your kids/grandkids.

I'm pretending it's ok, and that it's what happens but by fuck my heart is in a million pieces.

She'll get the best last few days we can give her.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Spider said:

Lost my Dad mid 20's. His appetite for scotch and long hours on the road got shut of him.

Been told tonight my Mum's clock is into its final days. She's 82, has cancer and whilst deeply distressing , it is in all honesty the natural order. She watched her grandson get buried 4 weeks ago and that seems to have finished her off. It's not right, burying your kids/grandkids.

I'm pretending it's ok, and that it's what happens but by fuck my heart is in a million pieces.

keep it together for you and your family🙏

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Truly sorry to hear that spider. I think we can pull ourselves apart overthinking these things and trying to find reasons and justify it. 

end of the day losing a loved one is a truly awful experience. 

I hope your mum lives the rest of her days happily mate surrounded by her family however many days or weeks it may be

god bless 

Edited by Escobarp

My Dad went 10 years ago. Lincoln at home in the FA Cup was the night iirc. Mother battles on and bosses a couple of posters on here

Looks like MiL is next. Been told today no more chemo or stem cell. One last go with thalidomide and that’s it. Currently in The Christie unit at Oldham not well at all

Its all a bit shit. Reading posts of other folk puts it all in perspective though

My old man was only 65. No Age that. 

ive not had a drink for 4 months (bar one pint) but will be having a quiet few pints Saturday afternoon in his memory. One of the things we used to do when I was home and when I lived in Bolton. A Coupon, pints and snooker. So Saturday it’s down memory lane for me in his honour. Will be me, a newspaper and my old mans spirit by my side. 

• Members

Just finished work, get my phone out and my old man rings me, He’s watched the game, and we talk about the game and tactics and decisions. 
We’ve done this after every nearly every game  since I’ve been here. My old man is my best mate I have absolutely no idea how I’d cope without him.

My condolences goes out to all who have been affected. 

• Members
5 hours ago, Spider said:

Hope for the best for you Spider.