Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

UFOs

Smiley

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

I’ve got a camera on my phone in my pocket that takes razor sharp images. Even Doorbells these days have high def videos, but every time you see a UFO recording it’s been done on a 40 year old camcorder they found in a landfill. By military outfits that can land a cruise missile directly onto the bald patch of a ray gun hiding in a cave.

I’ll believe it when I see the greens of their eyes in 4K definition.

• Site Supporter

Seeing as we can't scroll through the pages to find the space dudes thread, I decided to out this in here.

Might well.be a few ufos too if you're quick.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/stars?cmpid=int_org=ngp::int_mc=website::int_src=ngp::int_cmp=amp::int_add=amp_readtherest

Watch the vid about light pollution and stars.

Love space/universe/alien shit, super interesting.

Went down a bit of a rabbit hole of UFOs when I was younger so I try to be ultra cynical on footage and sightings, especially as people have pointed out, we've had HD cameras on our phones for a good while now and there's been nothing conclusive, just grainy military camera footage and it seems more likely to me that it's some classified US/Chinese/Russian technology.

There are many optimistic predictions that we will confirm extra-terrestrial life in the next decade or two but that could literally be microbes on Mars, so not that exciting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjtOGPJ0URM

This video is a concise explanation why finding life would actually be a 'bad' thing for our prospects of survival.

I have a bad feeling that life is very common in the universe, but just always fails to overcome the 'great filter' of global cooperation. With evolution, it's about survival of the fittest and so competition for resources is something ingrained into our human psyche. There's too many localised problems in the world which causes countries to be selfish and protect their own interests. 

For this reason, I think it's unlikely that humans will be able to form some sort of global cooperation to tackle issues such as global warming. And if we can't look after our own planet I'm struggling to see how we can reach out to others. If you haven't heard of him, there's an author called Yuval Noah Harari, who has several books on macro issues to humanity. His latest book "21 lessons for the 21st century" talks about the global problems we face. If you're not one for reading - he has several interviews on Youtube instead that covers the topics broadly. https://youtu.be/szt7f5NmE9E

On the optimistic side, science is an incredible thing and maybe we'll find solutions to our biggest problems before they consume us. It's great that there's projects in the works to make humanity a multi-planetary species such as Space X. Maybe we don't need global cooperation to take the next step in our civilisation's path, maybe the competitiveness of countries will actually drive us to greater success than if we were just all one big happy family. So many things have been achieved that no one would have thought possible even 50 years ago.

I just hope I live long enough where commercial space travel becomes affordable. Even if it's just a few hours in zero-g how cool would that be? Also being part of the generation that does discover alien life would be awesome.

• Site Supporter

This global cooperation on warming you talk of: It's already happening; perhaps too slowly at the moment, but it will change because there is no alternative. Either we do quickly, or the planet fights back, fucks us up the arse, and leaves a lot fewer of us to live in a more sustainable way. 

Perhaps alien super intelligentsia are watching their experiment with fascination.

Their earth seeding a couple of generations ago getting close to a climax.

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This global cooperation on warming you talk of: It's already happening; perhaps too slowly at the moment, but it will change because there is no alternative. Either we do quickly, or the planet fights back, fucks us up the arse, and leaves a lot fewer of us to live in a more sustainable way. 

Perhaps alien super intelligentsia are watching their experiment with fascination.

Their earth seeding a couple of generations ago getting close to a climax.

What a shit experiment.

Wonder what they make of the politics thread?

Those navy videos have been thoroughly debunked over and over. 

People who still think we're being visited by aliens haven't got their heads around the unfathomably large distances in space. 

We've had SETI scanning the skies for decades and not heard a peep. If we don't hear anything once we launch the James Webb Telescope then we need to re-evaluate how precious life here on earth really is.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Spider said:

What a shit experiment.

Wonder what they make of the politics thread?

Says who?

A vastly superior being may be fascinated by the results- like us watching a fungus twatting a bacteria in a petri dish.

They'd be very interested in your politics for sure.

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Says who?

A vastly superior being may be fascinated by the results- like us watching a fungus twatting a bacteria in a petri dish.

They'd be very interested in your politics for sure.

Yes, I can see the high council of Zlargon-58 using my reasoned, studious politics as the basis for a rethink on their own planet. Deffo.

9 minutes ago, Spider said:

Yes, I can see the high council of Zlargon-58 using my reasoned, studious politics as the basis for a rethink on their own planet. Deffo.

Their planet is called Deffo? Others in their solar system: Maybe, Nochance and Nah. Always kicks off when Nah play then Deffonian bastards in the Zlargon Cup (it's a bit like the Sherpa Van trophy, but for beryllium-based insectoids who breath through their testicles).

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Their planet is called Deffo? Others in their solar system: Maybe, Nochance and Nah. Always kicks off when Nah play then Deffonian bastards in the Zlargon Cup (it's a bit like the Sherpa Van trophy, but for beryllium-based insectoids who breath through their testicles).

I wonder what element the clangers were based on?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Tha’s not wired up reet

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Those navy videos have been thoroughly debunked over and over. 

no they haven't, I'm a UFO geek and I can tell you now they haven't been debunked at all, people have attempted to debunk them but they're always shown to be talking bollocks

Multiple people, ex fighter pilots, Radar operators, the type of experts who know the technology. Most debunkers (Mick West in particular) look for something that fits the video and explain it in ways that suits their narrative.

here's a recent video by an ex fighter pilot debunking the debunker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYLKK6ZlCHc

Just because you believe images or someone’s version of events in that they’ve encountered a UFO doesn’t mean you think these crafts are from the planet zog here to sexually intrude us. 

They exist. They’re just unexplained. 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, TroySwoosh said:

Multiple people, ex fighter pilots, Radar operators, the type of experts who know the technology. Most debunkers (Mick West in particular) look for something that fits the video and explain it in ways that suits their narrative.

Looks like that video is about to be debunked too.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/f-16-pilot-chris-lehtos-interpretation-of-the-gofast-footage-focus-parallax-inaccurate-range.11789/

6 hours ago, TroySwoosh said:

An ex fighter pilot wouldn't be qualified to offer an opinion any more than someone who designed thermal imaging equipment would be qualified to tell you how to fly a fighter jet.

There are perfectly reasonable explanations for all of the effects in these videos. People just like to ignore them because they're not sexy.