Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

UFOs

Smiley

5 hours ago, gonzo said:

Just because you believe images or someone’s version of events in that they’ve encountered a UFO doesn’t mean you think these crafts are from the planet zog here to sexually intrude us. 

They exist. They’re just unexplained. 

If agree with that. But they're not unexplained when there are perfectly reasonable explanations for them.

I think I'd take more notice of the pentagon and navy saying these are unexplained than the thoughts of some dude on Twitter.

Do you really think that with the multi billion dollar military budget that they wouldn't have thoroughly checked things before announcing they're unexplained?

Anyway, see what this report to congress says that's due sometime this month

• Moderators
7 hours ago, gonzo said:

Just because you believe images or someone’s version of events in that they’ve encountered a UFO doesn’t mean you think these crafts are from the planet zog here to sexually intrude us. 

They exist. They’re just unexplained. 

Whatever they are, they aren't alien life forms 

Intelligent life doesn't spend serious time and resources building something to travel light years in order to have a quick look at us, then fuck off again without saying hello 

Whatever UFOs are, they are from this earth 

On a similar vein, in these days of high definition digital photography, it's funny how no one gets photos developed with ghosts lurking in the background anymore

5 hours ago, TroySwoosh said:

I think I'd take more notice of the pentagon and navy saying these are unexplained than the thoughts of some dude on Twitter.

Do you really think that with the multi billion dollar military budget that they wouldn't have thoroughly checked things before announcing they're unexplained?

Anyway, see what this report to congress says that's due sometime this month

Then you'd be committing a logical fallacy (appeal to authority).

They're unexplained in the sense that we can't categorically state what they are. 

But that doesn't stop me applying balance of probability to it. And from what I've watched and read, on balance of probability, it's most likely to be a natural consequence of the type of rotating lens they use on the aircraft the pilots were flying when they filmed the object. I've seen the effect replicated. 

It doesn't mean it doesn't look weird to the human eye - because it definitely does. But it's not being viewed through a human eye.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, emus wig said:

I met an alien once asked me if I had change for a zonk .

Good Lord, there’s an old joke. Fairly sure the unit of currency was the Bleam though.

16 hours ago, Zico said:

Whatever they are, they aren't alien life forms 

Intelligent life doesn't spend serious time and resources building something to travel light years in order to have a quick look at us, then fuck off again without saying hello 

Whatever UFOs are, they are from this earth 

On a similar vein, in these days of high definition digital photography, it's funny how no one gets photos developed with ghosts lurking in the background anymore

When I worked at the tower one of the lads had a ghost app on his phone and took a picture of the job we were doing and put a ghost kid in background. It looked proper real.

The picture went round like wildfire and all these ghost gimps turned up out of nowhere and it got that heavy Granada News wanted to report it and they were on about stopping the job to let production teams film in there.

He bottled it and came clean :D

16 hours ago, TroySwoosh said:

That argument has been debunked by a FLIR  expert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzmdSsszf5g

Yep now I've seen Dave, the self proclaimed UFO enthusiast's debunking video - shot live from his tool shed while wearing his tie dye shirt - I'm going to disregard all the expert testimony to the contrary! 😁

I turned you into a believer! 😁

At the end of the day we all believe what we want, I don't think they're aliens from the planet zeepoo but I do believe they are unexplained (and similar sightings have been going on for a very long time) and am interested in the mystery.

1 hour ago, TroySwoosh said:

I turned you into a believer! 😁

At the end of the day we all believe what we want, I don't think they're aliens from the planet zeepoo but I do believe they are unexplained (and similar sightings have been going on for a very long time) and am interested in the mystery.

😁

Do you believe that planet earth has been visited by intelligent beings from elsewhere in the universe?

Just now, zico. said:

😁

Do you believe that planet earth has been visited by intelligent beings from elsewhere in the universe?

Shit I've just given my alter ego away! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Difficult business this alias lark! 

Would it be reasonable to think that in a million years our own civilisation would have had advanced enough to develop technology that can send space crafts to other galaxies at speeds faster than light?

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Would it be reasonable to think that in a million years our own civilisation would have had advanced enough to develop technology that can send space crafts to other galaxies at speeds faster than light?

Yes, but they won't be manned by humans or biological life as we know it, simply because anything else is just too far away for a life as we know it to last the journey 

I can't speak for other galaxies but representatives of earth who come "face to face" with anything elsee will be AI Robots or something that can endure such a long journey 

Or 

Cryogenically frozen People like in all the sci fi films 

But who in their right mind would opt for that 

Unless she was fit like in Passengers

• Moderators

For example

.The Yevpatoria RT-70, located at the Center for Deep Space Communications in Ukraine, was among the largest radio telescopes in the world, with a 70m antenna diameter. On 1st July 1999, it beamed a noise-resistant message named "Cosmic Call 1" into space. This was sent towards Gliese 777, a yellow subgiant star, 52 light-years away in the constellation of Cygnus. At least two extrasolar planets were known to be present in this system. In April 2051, the message arrives at its destination, for any potential alien civilisations to hear and decode it.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I suppose applying our own knowledge, technology and biology, its possible that we've been visited by alien craft, but not by aliens themselves. 

Now that's much more likely. A von Neumann probe! 

It's actually a bit of a mystery why we don't see loads of these throughout that galaxy given the age of it.

Points to the fact that intelligent life is a lot less likely than we confidently predicted it might be even 20-30 years ago.

If the James Webb Telescope doesn't uncover anything then we need to seriously re-evaluate our place in the universe.

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, gonzo said:

No, not for me.

Unless you're finding a way of getting round a fundamental of physics. 

True that some previously thought principles are now "under threat", but how the fuckery you get beyond the speed of light...

• Site Supporter
Just now, kent_white said:

Now that's much more likely. A von Neumann probe! 

It's actually a bit of a mystery why we don't see loads of these throughout that galaxy given the age of it.

Points to the fact that intelligent life is a lot less likely than we confidently predicted it might be even 20-30 years ago.

If the James Webb Telescope doesn't uncover anything then we need to seriously re-evaluate our place in the universe.

This is an interesting point- many scientists say that given the shear number of galaxies, stars etc that other life is almost inevitable. However, by the same token, the chances of encountering them, or even their craft must surely tend towards zero.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No, not for me.

Unless you're finding a way of getting round a fundamental of physics. 

True that some previously thought principles are now "under threat", but how the fuckery you get beyond the speed of light...

There is a proposal for how you might achieve it using something called a Alcubierre drive, without breaking any of the laws of physics. 

Hell of a long time before we start thinking of anything like that - and apparently the amount of energy you'd need would be immense. 

But who knows? In a million years. The trick will be not going extinct in the meantime!