Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington (H)

globaldiver

9 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

They absolutely tore us to pieces in that first half, getting the ball wide and whipping in several dangerous crosses.  We just had no answer to their pace and power.

I'm sure we'll do better this time but I can't see anything other than another narrow defeat 

Thought we were on top until a bad ref sent off the Preston lad, then Hill put Bridcutt at centre half up against a 6 foot 6 striker, they’ve only won 2 of last 11 so I think this games is winnable. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Thought we were on top until a bad ref sent off the Preston lad, then Hill put Bridcutt at centre half up against a 6 foot 6 striker, they’ve only won 2 of last 11 so I think this games is winnable. 

Really?

After we scored they had a succession of chances before they finally took one. Verlinden was leaving Chicksen exposed and overran.  The sending off, ridiculous as it was, just compounded matters.

11 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just read that Edwards is out for the rest of the season with a broken patella. Did it in training.

Are they tackling brick walls or something? 

Its nice to find out they are actually doing something, anything, in training.

Based on the on field performances, I just assumed they watched repeats of M*A*S*H.

20 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Its nice to find out they are actually doing something, anything, in training.

Based on the on field performances, I just assumed they watched repeats of M*A*S*H.

That's after a couple of hours' indoctrination in the education block by Keith about how lucky they should feel to represent him on the pitch.

10 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Then Keith modelling his match wear to the rest of the rteam before they depart.

"Do these Chino's look good with me white puma"

"Does this cream Bob hat give me the Guardiola look"

In the middle of all that he throws an Oasis "SUNSHIIIINNE" in there to give him that manc twang and he thinks he's cool.

He's fuckin Tinpot!

If he wears another scarf to match the colours of the opposition then it's confirmed he's just here on one big piss take.

5 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We're going to need an arc to get to and from the game.

30 yard sliding tackles, and centre halves shooting from their own box with the wind.

Aye. I’m home alone this weekend so thought about going. Youngest’s new house needs some DIY doing and mother has a few chores lined up. Simply can’t be arsed wasting my time and money again at the UniBol. Happy to be a shitfan for this one

8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It’s all a bit voyeur isn’t it really. Exposing yourself as pink on a Bolton forum. 

A bit like Roger DuRed.

As an aside, my local pub when i lived in Bolton used to be a strong Whites pub, a lad( who we knew) once had his Man U shirt ripped off his back in there, it was set on fire and left to burn hanging from the front door knocker - no real aggression just friendly "banter" to teach him a lesson.

A change of landlord and cellarman later, it's now full of placcy armchair reds whenever Man U play, they all disappear as soon as the final whistle blows.

I miss the old days.

Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

A bit like Roger DuRed.

As an aside, my local pub when i lived in Bolton used to be a strong Whites pub, a lad( who we knew) once had his Man U shirt ripped off his back in there, it was set on fire and left to burn hanging from the front door knocker - no real aggression just friendly "banter" to teach him a lesson.

A change of landlord and cellarman later, it's now full of placcy armchair reds whenever Man U play, they all disappear as soon as the final whistle blows.

I miss the old days.

I think a lot of pubs in Bolton will be like that nowadays. Last time I was out in little lever utd were playing on a Saturday lunchtime and it was rammed with that lot. None of them been to old trafford. 

come 3pm and Bolton were on the dodgy stream and the place was empty apart from about ten of us. 

• The topic was pinned