Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gary Bowyer?

Blondi

4 hours ago, snowball said:

Think its very unfair all things considered to be talking of potting Hill now. Then to suggest appointing untried folk like David Lee or journeymen like Bowyer is ridiculous IMHO.  Might as well stick with Hillcroft.

I think too many are underestimating the problems they have been hit with this season. Sick of listing them so wont bother. Carry on for time being for me

Spot on imo.Good post.

I like Bowyer, said it elsewhere but he's a family friend so I am biased but I'd have given him the job in the past. 

Think he's been hard done by in the roles that he's had, had one or both hands tied behind his back and actually done quite well in most of his roles. Not sure he's what we need now though, I'd be more in line with young and progressive. Whatever happens though Hill cannot be here past the end of the season, ideally wouldn't be here past the end of the week.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Anderson said:

I like Bowyer, said it elsewhere but he's a family friend so I am biased but I'd have given him the job in the past. 

Think he's been hard done by in the roles that he's had, had one or both hands tied behind his back and actually done quite well in most of his roles. Not sure he's what we need now though, I'd be more in line with young and progressive. Whatever happens though Hill cannot be here past the end of the season, ideally wouldn't be here past the end of the week.

I thought he did a good job at both the Dingles and the Lashers.

What went wrong at Bratfud then?

3 hours ago, Anderson said:

Made blackburn some serious money on transfers 

19 hours ago, hughmungus said:

No from me, Hill mk2, just watch that “Sunderland till I die” thing to see how inept he is/was.

At what point does he feature? I never saw him.

He's never managed Sunderland & the focus of the series is the failures of Grayson, Coleman & the former chief executive.

Edited by Clarence Carter

3 hours ago, Clarence Carter said:

At what point does he feature? I never saw him.

He's never managed Sunderland & the focus of the series is the failures of Grayson, Coleman & the former chief executive.

Yep your right I got my Grayson/Bowyers mixed up, that’s how memorable he is.