Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

TK

Mounts Kipper

Foden needs testing week in week out. I think he's got all the ability but you can't tell with players like that till they do it week after week against all teams. He's held back by being at City to some extent. Ultimately ability on the ball and talent is probably only 25% of what you need. 

Grealish is ok but miles off being top class. Compare him to Modric...huge gulf in class. 

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Foden needs testing week in week out. I think he's got all the ability but you can't tell with players like that till they do it week after week against all teams. He's held back by being at City to some extent. Ultimately ability on the ball and talent is probably only 25% of what you need. 

Grealish is ok but miles off being top class. Compare him to Modric...huge gulf in class. 

TBF to City, he's still only 19 so doesn't need chucking in at the deep end, they've got enough quality around him to ease him in gently - 26 games last season, 25 this including a cup final and penciled into start getting much more time when David Silva leaves - I'd say they bringing him into the team in exactly the right way

11 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

TBF to City, he's still only 19 so doesn't need chucking in at the deep end, they've got enough quality around him to ease him in gently - 26 games last season, 25 this including a cup final and penciled into start getting much more time when David Silva leaves - I'd say they bringing him into the team in exactly the right way

Probably. He’s certainly getting time at top of game. Which is good. Still not totally sure how he will develop but hope he gets there and becomes England’s main man.

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Probably. He’s certainly getting time at top of game. Which is good. Still not totally sure how he will develop but hope he gets there and becomes England’s main man.

I heard he still plays footy on the park with his mates in Stockport, but don't tell Rudy

• Members
3 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

I heard he still plays footy on the park with his mates in Stockport, but don't tell Rudy

😁
The way he’s managed and coached is exactly how they do it in Spain and Germany. 

How many current 19 year olds have got more minutes in the PL and CL than Phil Foden?