Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

POSH (H)

Steejay

12 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Simple and best solution:

Lets all fuck off to the pub and wait until it all blows over. 

We have a winner!!!

That said the owners of my local were saying yesterday they are expecting to have to close. Fookin’ boooooooo

9 minutes ago, only1stig said:

We have a winner!!!

That said the owners of my local were saying yesterday they are expecting to have to close. Fookin’ boooooooo

No footy is one thing - No pub would be a life changer! Why not just let Coronavirus run it’s course, last man standing wins.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I reckon to a man these lads would prefer to be playing this weekend - win bonuses an’ all that.

This is the mid season break they've been clamouring for for years

2 minutes ago, Hutch said:

When they get the games back on, suspect Oxford will be on Saturday now with a 3pm kick off

Why would you think that would be the case out of interest?

for me it’s as much chance of being on a Tuesday at 745 

but nobody knows 

smart money is on it not being played at all though. No danger this season is continuing for me 

The flip side of the coin is that clubs within striking distance of Europe/staying up/promotion/play offs etc won't wear just ending the season as is.

Liverpool as champs, Bolton/Southend/Stevenage all down, but the rest is contentious. What about teams with games in hand? What about teams less than 3pts apart yet to play each other? What about teams who have an easier run in than their rivals?

The season HAS to be completed and if that means picking it back up in May and playing every 2 days, so be it. Season has 7 weeks to run, player contracts end on June 30th, so season can be resumed as late as mid-May.

24 minutes ago, Traf said:

The flip side of the coin is that clubs within striking distance of Europe/staying up/promotion/play offs etc won't wear just ending the season as is.

Liverpool as champs, Bolton/Southend/Stevenage all down, but the rest is contentious. What about teams with games in hand? What about teams less than 3pts apart yet to play each other? What about teams who have an easier run in than their rivals?

The season HAS to be completed and if that means picking it back up in May and playing every 2 days, so be it. Season has 7 weeks to run, player contracts end on June 30th, so season can be resumed as late as mid-May.

Good point but playing every two days won’t happen if it does teams with nothing to play for would field weakened teams to avoid injuries 

3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Why would you think that would be the case out of interest?

for me it’s as much chance of being on a Tuesday at 745 

but nobody knows 

smart money is on it not being played at all though. No danger this season is continuing for me 

If they start again at beginning of April, I would have thought they would extend the season by 3 weeks and the 5 postponed games will be slotted in there

The current April/May games will stay as they were, I see no logic for them moving any of these. The exception would be the Oxford game as it wouldn’t now be the last game of the season and so no need to be played on Sunday lunchtime

7 minutes ago, Hutch said:

If they start again at beginning of April, I would have thought they would extend the season by 3 weeks and the 5 postponed games will be slotted in there

The current April/May games will stay as they were, I see no logic for them moving any of these. The exception would be the Oxford game as it wouldn’t now be the last game of the season and so no need to be played on Sunday lunchtime

Fair point that