Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cancelling Ryanair flights

worthy10

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, worthy10 said:

I have one booked to Palma next month. Anyone know how I cancel it.

Nothing obvious on their website?

Thanks 

Given the fact you’ve travelled the world more than the presenters of Top Gear, you’re a bit shit at the logistics aren’t you?

5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Didn’t think you could to be honest 

It’s unlikely to be running Imagine, let them cancel it and they will send you a refund 

I’d be going along with that. If you try and get in there before them then they’ll probably try to sting you with all sorts of charges. 

1. if you want to cancel it, you lose all your money, so there's no point cancelling. You can claim the passenger duty back if you don't board the plane, though.

2. that flight isn't flying next month anyway, so do nothing and Ryanair will be in touch to offer you either a full refund or a credit note.

47 minutes ago, Traf said:

1. if you want to cancel it, you lose all your money, so there's no point cancelling. You can claim the passenger duty back if you don't board the plane, though.

2. that flight isn't flying next month anyway, so do nothing and Ryanair will be in touch to offer you either a full refund or a credit note.

Is that right across the board of flight companies or just them Traf?  Looks like me and my chums won’t be celebrating St George’s Day in Gibraltar this year either.  Or am I wet behind the ears? :)

No, it should be across the board. They're going to cancel on you, therefore the onus is on them to see you right.

Current advice is to defer/rebook with them or let them cancel & make right.

I'd a family of 5 doing Disneyland Paris etc for a week over Easter and I've got DLP to honour their booking at the same price for a week in August, as they're both teachers who can only take school holidays.

They're happy with the outcome and I keep my commission. (for now, anyway, that might still change)

25 minutes ago, Traf said:

No, it should be across the board. They're going to cancel on you, therefore the onus is on them to see you right.

Current advice is to defer/rebook with them or let them cancel & make right.

I'd a family of 5 doing Disneyland Paris etc for a week over Easter and I've got DLP to honour their booking at the same price for a week in August, as they're both teachers who can only take school holidays.

They're happy with the outcome and I keep my commission. (for now, anyway, that might still change)

Well that’s cheered me up, we’re going back in October so can use it then.   Cheers Traf

2 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Well that’s cheered me up, we’re going back in October so can use it then.   Cheers Traf

You'll need to speak to whoever you booked with if you want to defer.

I'd check October's prices first, because if they're lower than April's, it'll be better to refund & rebook.

• Members
5 hours ago, Traf said:

PS This is why people should use local independent travel agents like myself, Mrs Meldrew and 100's of others, as we'll get all the information/advice and do the chasing if needed for you.

Now that I know I will always use you guys, rather the money go to an independent as well

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

if airlines, major travel agencies hotels, restaurants, bars etc all go bust

what happens on the other side?

is the world going to turn all derelict like Detroit?

I’ve already pinched a shopping trolley to push my belongings around in.

1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

With Thomas Cook gone,  every knacker is either with jet2 or Tui for their summer AI. Their execs must be shitting it. Same for most of Europe I'd have thought, airlines, package holidays, hotels, bars, restaurants. Yikes.

We're booked with Jet2 for August. Thankfully only paid the deposit thus far with the full balance due at the end of May so hopefully there might be a clearer picture by that point and we'll pay the rest. Though I suppose if everybody did the same as me then they're a dead cert to go bump with no cash coming in.

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Traf

TUI surely cannot survive this?

1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

With Thomas Cook gone,  every knacker is either with jet2 or Tui for their summer AI. Their execs must be shitting it. Same for most of Europe I'd have thought, airlines, package holidays, hotels, bars, restaurants. Yikes.

I don't want to suggest one of them might be in deep shit, but Jet 2 should be fine. They don't have over £2bn of debt they can't service and their insurance status isn't going to be withdrawn this week.

PS everyone who self-booked or went on the high street is pretty much with TUI & Jet 2.

We use hundreds of different trade-only suppliers on a package or flight+accom basis.

I sell very little TUI product for a number of reasons..

Edited by Traf
spelling & grammar

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve flights out to Spain 6th April, I’ll not be cancelling I’ll wait until Michael O’Leary decides to cancel and gives me my money back which I’m 99.9% sure will happen. 

is the right answer

11 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Is that right across the board of flight companies or just them Traf?  Looks like me and my chums won’t be celebrating St George’s Day in Gibraltar this year either.  Or am I wet behind the ears? :)

my mates there now, not sure if hes getting back today or not

everything locked down from 8pm since they arrived