Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid - 19 roll call

Spider

• Site Supporter

We have an in ear one made by Braun,

James (youngest) was quite ill as a baby so it's had a lot of use, got to a point where we were at hospital pretty much once a month for an extended stay. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Braun-ThermoScan-7-IRT6520-3030-baby-Professional-Digital-Ear-Thermometer/283818992745?hash=item4214ee2469:m:mMXNSi8eEqQvdFQkM9c_A_g

Not cheap btw.

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I've got one of the those ear proder thermometers. Pretty good actually.

We got one from the Aldi middle isle a couple of years back, it even tells you your temperature in a funny satnav type voice. We also procured a plastic cover to prevent the grid from getting clogged up with leaves, a pack of 3 ladies seamless high leg briefs (my size not hers) and a SDS drill with various bits.

2 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Pharmacy 

Got an in ear one for the little un in Tesco in the baby aisle

Ah OK. Can’t remember ever buying one for my young un’s but they were young over 20 years ago. Remember as a nipper my mum having a glass one that she stuck under my tongue. Genuinely didn’t have a clue where you got one from 👍

1 hour ago, only1swanny said:

We have an in ear one made by Braun,

James (youngest) was quite ill as a baby so it's had a lot of use, got to a point where we were at hospital pretty much once a month for an extended stay. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Braun-ThermoScan-7-IRT6520-3030-baby-Professional-Digital-Ear-Thermometer/283818992745?hash=item4214ee2469:m:mMXNSi8eEqQvdFQkM9c_A_g

Not cheap btw.

Looking at the social distancing queues outside shops today, online might be the way to order unfortunately 

• Site Supporter
20 hours ago, only1swanny said:

24 hours on..

Fever has now subsided, it shot up again in the night to about 39 at one point, chest has been really tight all day but not sore.. By dinner I felt ok to walk around but so weak and dizzy. I can manage about 5 mins stood before i have to sit down, if I go upstairs I'm short of breath by the top. 

Heads still dizzy despite taking painkillers, but I'm also ravenous, I've eaten loads in the 3/4 hours and i'm still hungry, I think my body has just gone to town on whatever it was and it's left me with very little left in the tank. I'm diet controlled due to having most of my thyroid removed, so upto a point I had to force myself to eat. 

Another day on.. Splitting headache and chest pains before, they appear to have subsided. 

I had to take ibruprofen today as the headache was that bad. 

Temperature has come up again, and it's currently on 37.8, so not raging but clearly back up, 

Hoping it's not a resurgence :(

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Another day on.. Splitting headache and chest pains before, they appear to have subsided. 

Temperature has come up again, and it's currently on 37.8, so not raging but clearly back up, 

Good luck matey

Without wishing to pre-empt owt it’s not looking good for the MiL. She was in Royal Oldham with pneumonia last week. Tested negative for COVID and sent her home once she was deemed well enough. Unconscious with a temp over 39 this morning. Rushed back in via ambulance. This shit is getting very, very real indeed

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

19 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Keep a check on how much ibruprofen you take - they aren't 100% sure is safe yet.

If the reports are to be believed you should be avoiding ibuprofen and take paracetamol instead.

3 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Without wishing to pre-empt owt it’s not looking good for the MiL. She was in Royal Oldham with pneumonia last week. Tested negative for COVID and sent her home once she was deemed well enough. Unconscious with a temp over 39 this morning. Rushed back in via ambulance. This shit is getting very, very real indeed

Ah fuckety. Just been told by the hospital that if she reaches resuscitation stage she’s a DNR