Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid - 19 roll call

Spider

Just to close the story off. The FiL went to see her on Friday. Only allowed 15 mins but took his phone and FaceTimed from the ward. She responded to eldest granddaughter but nowt else. Mrs Manc got a call at 10.30pm to say that she was on her way out so an emergency visit was allowed. Jumped in a cab and went with her. I had to wait outside but a fucking amazing nurse opened the door and said come in. We sat with her til 3am and headed home. Got the call at 10am to say that she’d died 

So glad that the nurse in charge broke the rules to let Mrs Manc in and then went further to let me in as well

The sad postscript though is that when the FiL went up all 8 beds were full in the afternoon. When we went up at night five were empty and that’s why they let us in because the risk was so much lower.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Just to close the story off. The FiL went to see her on Friday. Only allowed 15 mins but took his phone and FaceTimed from the ward. She responded to eldest granddaughter but nowt else. Mrs Manc got a call at 10.30pm to say that she was on her way out so an emergency visit was allowed. Jumped in a cab and went with her. I had to wait outside but a fucking amazing nurse opened the door and said come in. We sat with her til 3am and headed home. Got the call at 10am to say that she’d died 

So glad that the nurse in charge broke the rules to let Mrs Manc in and then went further to let me in as well

The sad postscript though is that when the FiL went up all 8 beds were full in the afternoon. When we went up at night five were empty and that’s why they let us in because the risk was so much lower.

Sheesh. Tough reading that.

Bless you all.

Fill the hearse with flowers mate.