Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Funeral ideas needed

Spider

• Site Supporter

Apologies for a thread that just adds to the doom and gloom. But need some out of the box thinking, and you lot are mental.

So, wife’s Aunty died last week (not CV) and the funeral is next week.

They can have 12 people at the funeral because of CV. It’s awful.

Problem we have is that no flowers are available, it’s just impossible to get them.

Any ideas what we can make/buy as an alternative? It’s going to be an awfully basic affair without something.

Be imaginative 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Sorry to hear that spider

My missus mum is a Part time florist she did the flowers for my old mans funeral. I could ask her what she can get hold of if you wanted pal? 

Worth a try. We’re hitting walls.

cheers cocker.

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Apologies for a thread that just adds to the doom and gloom. But need some out of the box thinking, and you lot are mental.

Problem we have is that no flowers are available, it’s just impossible to get them.

Any ideas what we can make/buy as an alternative? It’s going to be an awfully basic affair without something.

Be imaginative 

One of my staffs Mums funeral is tomorrow. Theyve been capped to 10 people. Been told no flowers and no donation box. Sorry to heap on more potentially bad news. Shit times indeed.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Be imaginative 

Scenes yesterday of Dutch growers throwing away literally thousands of flowers and plants. :(

I should be able to sort some flowers out- only seasonal from the garden- you could go shopping to breightmet and collect them?

wouldn't be a massive bouquet, but better than nothing.

• Members

I can roll you 12 Jamaican woodbines?

Failing that we bought fake flowers off amazon when we got married abroad just in case we couldn’t get hold of a florist.

They looked great and everyone got to keep them as a memento 

9 hours ago, gonzo said:

It was mother’s day on Sunday. There will be loads on nearby graves. Go nick some and whack em in water. Jobs a goodn. 

Replace “nick” with “recycle/ repurpose” and you can sleep better each night 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Spider said:

Be imaginative 

Did you know the council tie flowers to the railings by busy road junctions for people unable to find them in shops, so if you spot any, just grab them

This helped me right out when I forgot the Mrs birthday last year

• Site Supporter

Spoke to owner of Diddy Box (Belmont Road) and she has lots of flowers. 

Regarding the cardboard coffins, we did one a few weeks ago printed with wild birds. I think the deceased was a bit of a twitcher.