Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Get Fit Wednesday Challenge

Smiley

10 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Think we’ve topped 150 miles. Not a bad effort. Think I expected some bigger mileage from the big hitters like Rudy!

100 flights of stairs each tomorrow?

25-30 miles each on bikes Friday?

I don’t have a bike

I’ll carry on walking

43 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Think we’ve topped 150 miles. Not a bad effort. Think I expected some bigger mileage from the big hitters like Rudy!

100 flights of stairs each tomorrow?

25-30 miles each on bikes Friday?

The stairs is possible. Stuck in again all day on conference calls but I’m going for it during the breaks

The bike miles is way off. I hammered the 11 miles today in an hour on my mountain bike mostly on the road. I like to do Fleetwood down to Lytham and back up on Gonzo’s coast which is about 30 miles. That’s a good 3 hours (although it does include a chippy stop). 10-15 is more realistic as folk may not have that amount of time 

Edited by MancWanderer

7 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

The stairs is possible. Stuck in again all day on conference calls but I’m going for it during the breaks

The bike miles is way off. I hammered the 11 miles today in an hour on my mountain bike mostly on the road. I like to do Fleetwood down to Lytham and back up on Gonzo’s coast which is about 30 miles. That’s a good 3 hours (although it does include a chippy stop). 10-15 is more realistic as folk may not have that amount of time 

Good feedback. I've not rode a bike in over 8 years. Just got it back from local shop after an extensive service. Wasn't sure what a genuine target was - but often see people posting screenshots of 40 mile bike rides.

Ok, we'll aim for 15 miles each.

12 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Does anyone know the reasoning behind limiting exercise to just once a day? Seems a bit barmy to me.

I don’t think it’s once a day?

One form a day?

32 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Does anyone know the reasoning behind limiting exercise to just once a day? Seems a bit barmy to me.

Permitted outdoor once a day for exercise. You can exercise as much as you want in your own dwelling. 

18 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Permitted outdoor once a day for exercise. You can exercise as much as you want in your own dwelling. 

Whether it’s once a day or one form a day, there is no restriction on the time you spend.

in extremis, you could walk for 24 hours and be within the rules.

I think

4 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Whether it’s once a day or one form a day, there is no restriction on the time you spend.

in extremis, you could walk for 24 hours and be within the rules.

I think

I thought there was a time limit of 1 hour for outside exercise?

8 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

I thought there was a time limit of 1 hour for outside exercise?

Don’t think so

Just looked on BBC From yesterday and it says; “no mention is given to the length of the exercise”

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

The Guild Wheel around Preston is a great option.

It's 21 miles & it's nearly all on cycle tracks without too many gradients.

You can join it anywhere along the route and there's some smashing stretches along the Ribble.

I did it last Saturday with my daughter, who hadn't cycled for 10 years but she loved it.

Again, this Saturday with my other daughter.

37 minutes ago, Steejay said:

The Guild Wheel around Preston is a great option.

It's 21 miles & it's nearly all on cycle tracks without too many gradients.

You can join it anywhere along the route and there's some smashing stretches along the Ribble.

I did it last Saturday with my daughter, who hadn't cycled for 10 years but she loved it.

Again, this Saturday with my other daughter.

Nice one. I’ll do that when all this is over and we are free to travel again

50 flights done and just had a blazing row at the end of the last one as The missus complaining I’m distracting her. Told her to to go and sit in an office at her mums then if she’s a problem and fuck off. 

Inspired me to carry on now to completion though if possible just to piss her off

yes I know I’ve got anger issues dont @ me.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

50 flights done and just had a blazing row at the end of the last one as The missus complaining I’m distracting her. Told her to to go and sit in an office at her mums then if she’s a problem and fuck off. 

Inspired me to carry on now to completion though if possible just to piss her off

yes I know I’ve got anger issues dont @ me.

Kinell mate. Is her cooking that bad?

I was pacing the house like a caged tiger for much of yesterday...Tried the stair challenge today but got bored after twenty or so, so back to pacing but this time changing it up a bit.

Banged on 'Clubland TV' on top volume and improvised the following 'pace with a purpose' routine.

Connisseurs may guess which music accompanies each phase (top corner is the telly 😉)...

9A8Wlc5_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

😘 🎩