Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

What a Difference a Goal Makes.... A dream

Ruba Mustafa

Just woken up, thought I’d write it down before I forgot.....

I had a dream that we had signed a goalscorer on deadline day last year,

can’t remember who it was, maybe Akinfenwa or ched Evans, does it matter? 😂

Anyway, he was a good ‘un and scored loads of goals, loads of assists too! 

As a result we scored an extra goal in every game. Is that too much to ask? One measly goal every 90 minutes.? I think not!!!

Bloody hell, if I played for us then I’m sure I could grab a goal from standing around in their penalty area in over an hours open play.

i remember that we started the season on -12 points coz the EFL had it in for us.

Heres how our results went.....

3rd Aug Wycombe 2-1 BWFC    A disappointing start with a scratch team, little did we know what was about to come!

10th Aug BWFC 1-0 Coventry.    The kids done good! Crowd were on the pitch, carried the lads off on our shoulders. Police on the pitch to disperse the crowd, big grey police horse shown on news at ten.

17th Aug Tranmere 5-1 😢

24th Aug Ipswich 5-1 😢😢

31st Aug Gillingham 5-1 😢😢😢

14th Sept BWFC 6 -2 Rotherham    Back on track, mystery striker got all 6, is that a record?

17th Sept Oxford 0-1 BWFC 

21st Sept BWFC 2-1 Sunderland   Parky embarrassed, says he should never have left us 😂 Negative points deficit cleared, season starts now on o points.

28th Sept Portsmouth 1-1 BWFC  Chino wins his first Manager of the Month Award.

7th Oct BWFC 1-0 Blackpool    Soooo, Soooooooo satisfying

19th Oct BWFC 2-3 Rochdale 

22nd Oct Bristol Rovers 0-3 BWFC 

2nd Nov BWFC 3-1 Fleetwood

16th Nov BWFC 2-0 MkDons

23rd Nov Accrington 7-1 Back down to earth with a bump, or maybe my Mrs kicked me coz I was snoring.

7th Dec BWFC 3-2 Wimbledon

14th Dec Peterborough 1-1 BWFC 

21st Dec BWFC 4-2 Southend

26th Dec Sunderland 0-1 BWFC  Our first double. Parky doubles the number of times he says he should of never left us. Sunlan double the number of times he has left a club this season.

29th Dec BWFC 2-1 Shrewsbury  Keith not only gets manager of the month, they replace Fred dibnahs statue with a Chino Bronze, albeit with the same flat cap.

End of the year and were on 26 points, on track for promotion! 

I wake up, go to the bog, pinch myself, is it a dream? No, it’s real!

1st Jan BWFC 4-4 Burton

11th Jan Rochdale 2-1 BWFC

14th Jan Lincoln 5-2 BWFC

18th Jan BWFC 1-1 Portsmouth

28th Jan BWFC 2-1 Bristol Rovers.  Keith gets Manager of the Season even tho it’s only January.

1st Feb BWFC 3-0 Tranmere.  Sweet revenge on the scouse bastards.

8th Feb BWFC 3-1 Coventry

11th Feb Doncaster 2-2 BWFC

15th Feb BWFC 1-2 Wycombe

22nd Feb Mk Dons 1-1 BWFC

25th Feb Blackpool 2-2 BWFC   A last kick of the game equaliser saw us onto 55 points for the season (before deductions) and in the top two.

29th Feb BWFC 1-0 Accrington   A big turnaround since we last met in the league shows how far we have come and how much we have improved.

7th March Wimbledon 0-1 BWFC 

10th March Burton 2-3 BWFC  we are on 52 points, not far off the play-offs, We can see the light.

Or is it the light of dawn breaking through my curtains in Lostock?

i wake up, can’t remember if we did sign that striker back in August, we did, didn’t we?

please tell me we did 😢

On 25/03/2020 at 11:12, Ruba Mustafa said:

Just woken up, thought I’d write it down before I forgot.....

I had a dream that we had signed a goalscorer on deadline day last year,

can’t remember who it was, maybe Akinfenwa or ched Evans, does it matter? 😂

Anyway, he was a good ‘un and scored loads of goals, loads of assists too! 

As a result we scored an extra goal in every game. Is that too much to ask? One measly goal every 90 minutes.? I think not!!!

Bloody hell, if I played for us then I’m sure I could grab a goal from standing around in their penalty area in over an hours open play.

i remember that we started the season on -12 points coz the EFL had it in for us.

Heres how our results went.....

3rd Aug Wycombe 2-1 BWFC    A disappointing start with a scratch team, little did we know what was about to come!

10th Aug BWFC 1-0 Coventry.    The kids done good! Crowd were on the pitch, carried the lads off on our shoulders. Police on the pitch to disperse the crowd, big grey police horse shown on news at ten.

17th Aug Tranmere 5-1 😢

24th Aug Ipswich 5-1 😢😢

31st Aug Gillingham 5-1 😢😢😢

14th Sept BWFC 6 -2 Rotherham    Back on track, mystery striker got all 6, is that a record?

17th Sept Oxford 0-1 BWFC 

21st Sept BWFC 2-1 Sunderland   Parky embarrassed, says he should never have left us 😂 Negative points deficit cleared, season starts now on o points.

28th Sept Portsmouth 1-1 BWFC  Chino wins his first Manager of the Month Award.

7th Oct BWFC 1-0 Blackpool    Soooo, Soooooooo satisfying

19th Oct BWFC 2-3 Rochdale 

22nd Oct Bristol Rovers 0-3 BWFC 

2nd Nov BWFC 3-1 Fleetwood

16th Nov BWFC 2-0 MkDons

23rd Nov Accrington 7-1 Back down to earth with a bump, or maybe my Mrs kicked me coz I was snoring.

7th Dec BWFC 3-2 Wimbledon

14th Dec Peterborough 1-1 BWFC 

21st Dec BWFC 4-2 Southend

26th Dec Sunderland 0-1 BWFC  Our first double. Parky doubles the number of times he says he should of never left us. Sunlan double the number of times he has left a club this season.

29th Dec BWFC 2-1 Shrewsbury  Keith not only gets manager of the month, they replace Fred dibnahs statue with a Chino Bronze, albeit with the same flat cap.

End of the year and were on 26 points, on track for promotion! 

I wake up, go to the bog, pinch myself, is it a dream? No, it’s real!

1st Jan BWFC 4-4 Burton

11th Jan Rochdale 2-1 BWFC

14th Jan Lincoln 5-2 BWFC

18th Jan BWFC 1-1 Portsmouth

28th Jan BWFC 2-1 Bristol Rovers.  Keith gets Manager of the Season even tho it’s only January.

1st Feb BWFC 3-0 Tranmere.  Sweet revenge on the scouse bastards.

8th Feb BWFC 3-1 Coventry

11th Feb Doncaster 2-2 BWFC

15th Feb BWFC 1-2 Wycombe

22nd Feb Mk Dons 1-1 BWFC

25th Feb Blackpool 2-2 BWFC   A last kick of the game equaliser saw us onto 55 points for the season (before deductions) and in the top two.

29th Feb BWFC 1-0 Accrington   A big turnaround since we last met in the league shows how far we have come and how much we have improved.

7th March Wimbledon 0-1 BWFC 

10th March Burton 2-3 BWFC  we are on 52 points, not far off the play-offs, We can see the light.

Or is it the light of dawn breaking through my curtains in Lostock?

i wake up, can’t remember if we did sign that striker back in August, we did, didn’t we?

please tell me we did 😢

Could of been so different. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I had a dream about Burnden Park a year or so ago, I posted it on here.  We was playing Norwich on a sunny day and Paul Jones scored a direct free kick and a packed Burnden erupted.  Was in a great mood for ages after that.

We had a reputation at one time for never losing on a Sunnyday.