Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Get Fit Thursday Challenge

Smiley

Unless you live in a bungalow - everyone should be able to have a crack at today's challenge. CLIMBING MONT BLANC IN FRANCE.

Aim for 100 floors climbed each. We need to reach 2,535 flights to get to the summit between us.

We are going to calculate a floor/flight at 12 stairs. We are only counting the upward stairs and not coming back down. If you have a Fitbit or similar - this will do the counting for you. If not, its a case of counting yourself - 1200 stairs in total. If you have a staircase with more than 12 stairs (let's say 14). Then just do the math(s) - its 1200/14 = 86 floors/flights.

If you do live in an apartment block - happy days, lift down. Walk/run back up. And repeat!

If you live near Rivington/Winter Hill and have a Fitbit or similar - happy days, this will calculate the floors for you and its far more enjoyable than a set of stairs at home.

EXTRA NOTE.

If we find we are smashing it today - then we could push for Mount Kilimanjaro at 3,223.

I think we aim to get up Everest next week - which is 4,839 flights.

TODAY'S SPONSOR:

Zozzy's Carpet Fitting, Repairs and Replacements.

(had to be).

BONUS FLIGHTS AVAILABLE:

Offering bonus flights/floors to anyone who's other half says "you are going to wear the bloody carpet out you loon".

Edited by Smiley

34 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Unless you live in a bungalow - everyone should be able to have a crack at today's challenge. 

100 floors climbed each.

We are going to calculate a floor/flight at 12 stairs. We are only counting the upward stairs and not coming back down. If you have a Fitbit or similar - this will do the counting for you. If not, its a case of counting yourself - 1200 stairs in total. If you have a staircase with more than 12 stairs (let's say 14). Then just do the math(s) - its 1200/14 = 86 floors/flights.

If you do live in an apartment block - happy days, lift down. Walk/run back up. And repeat!

If you live near Rivington/Winter Hill and have a Fitbit or similar - happy days, this will calculate the floors for you and its far more enjoyable than a set of stairs at home.

What’s the overall WW community target?

6 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

What’s the overall WW community target?

So I think we can climb Mont Blanc in France together.

That's 2,535 flights. So if 25 of us chip in with 100 each. We've cracked it. If some want to do just 20-30, fine, we'll enlist more to get us there. If we find we are smashing it today - then we could push for Mount Kilimanjaro at 3,223.

I think we aim to get up Everest next week - which is 4,839 flights.

Edited by Smiley

• Site Supporter

The dog that legged it for a while yesterday, now refused to go any further when I got to the spot where he is let off the lead. Just sat their looking back towards the house.

Called him multiple times but no.

Brought him back.

Perhaps he knows something?

Got to clean/disinfect the van so not too many miles in that.

Might chop some wood later though.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

Won't let me delete or edit that last post. Oh well.

Slow start today. Been out on my bike and clocked 11 miles.

And only managed to bag 30 floors so far. Will crack on later. Gets the heart pounding when you do 10 or so on the bounce.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I’m on 75 and I’m like Bambi on ice now. I’ve a nagging headache as well possibly unrelated so I think that’s me for that day sorry chaps 

Is your lift broken?

3 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

5 mile walk and 10 mile cycle. Might struggle with stairs though as i usually twat my head when walking up them. I guess i could tape a cushion to my head and try later though ☺️

How tall are you or do you live in a dolls house??