Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Furlough Roll Call

DazBob

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Thanks all - I’m happy to do anything, so all offers greatfully revived. Happy to graft or do owt - Miami, if you know anyone, I’ll work hard and do what needs doing. Esco - again, any temp work happy to interview for.

again - thanks all, really appreciated.

I will give my boss a ring tomorrow. It won’t be highly paid but it will be paid which is the key and if we are hiring then I should be able to circumvent the process. Will drop you a message once I know the Craic. 

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I will give my boss a ring tomorrow. It won’t be highly paid but it will be paid which is the key and if we are hiring then I should be able to circumvent the process. Will drop you a message once I know the Craic. 

Thanks - anything to bridge the gap is most welcome, going from 50k to nowt is a bit of a worry. Just keeping the roof over our heads is number one priority 

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Thanks - anything to bridge the gap is most welcome, going from 50k to nowt is a bit of a worry. Just keeping the roof over our heads is number one priority 

If you want to try selling some Internet connection upgrades to SME's, let me know.

10 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Empty your inbox mate, tried to DM you re some contacts down your way.

Or give us a ring.....I'll disable the "lefty twat"divert function 😳😂👍

On 13/07/2020 at 22:57, Not in Crawley said:

You ok fella ? Not heard from you for a while, has anyone else checked in with H to make sure he's ok ?

Really hope you're ok pal and found something to help you 🙏

Thanks for all the support and kind words, just been really busy sorting out the team's redundancy package and applying for work. Apologies for the radio silence, such a strange time.

So, my old CEO is starting up a new agency with myself and two others from the old team, we'll be equal directors and take a few of our old clients. The issue is in November I'm going to run out of money, so I'm applying for FTC jobs, and also part time - got an interview on Monday for one. Its tough out there, so many going for so few jobs. It could be the best thing in 18 months time but its having to ride the storm out until then, unlike my old boss I don't have houses in the Cotswold, France and Kensington. So, again thanks all, its really appreciated at this shitter thzn shit time.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant win. Was on furlough for over 3 month, my head was starting to fall off about it, wondering if I still had a job and such worries running through my head. I've been back in for a week now and I want time off again, haha.

One of our competitors furloughed some of their staff in March, they've not got one bloke coming back for 7 hours a week from next week....WTF is that all about? - he reckons that he's definitely getting the chop as soon as Furlough finishes

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

One of our competitors furloughed some of their staff in March, they've not got one bloke coming back for 7 hours a week from next week....WTF is that all about? - he reckons that he's definitely getting the chop as soon as Furlough finishes

7 hours is a new one to me. Seen a few 16 or 20 hours thrown about.