Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Things that have improved due to CV Lockdown

Ruba Mustafa

Still busy at work so enjoying the weekend, caught up with old friends on video link apps. The weather is great so garden is already looking better and enjoying a lie in on weekdays instead of the commute into work.

No theatre and no gigs means no press nights - so finish work at 6 every night eating better as loads of homemade soup rather than crappy butties for lunch. 

Not having to put up with certain planks in the office, and get to listen to my own music rather than the radio.

The best though is a full few weeks with the kids at home - being divorced that’s normally just done in holiday time, so this is something really special for me.

To be honest, two weeks in, and aside from the endless video conference calls it’s not been too bad (apart from the trip to Tesco)

58 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Not sure it’s better but I’ve had more meetings this week than I ever did when actually at work. I think it will make us all more social as we realise how important our connections are.

Yeah - 5 hours on Thursday just conference calls. We’ve had a company wide cull of meetings next week and if you’ve got kids no calls after 4.30

49 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Excellent, which season 

Ski gloves don’t count 

Playing 19 as we all had it. All had to start on league 1. First to win a major league or cup wins a tenner of the other 2. Once done we will set another target etc. Has been really good

33 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Felt sure I had the disc somewhere but no luck so will use the download. First job, sign Taribo West and Cherno Samba.

Haha could have a field day with signings off that game. I think you can just download it now. I’ve failed miserably at doing it. 

Good thing about modern games is that managing Bolton is a challenge and a bit.