Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trouble on the terraces

BoltonBoy80

44 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Bristol city at Wembley was a bit pally

Were you in that pub pre match when it kicked off big time when about 100 Millwall scum ran in? Best hand to hand combat since Man City upstairs in The Trotters.................

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Matt said:

Seem to remember Norwich fans applauding us into the playoffs last home game, with Barry Knights Ipswich awaiting.

More anti-Ipswich than pro-Bolton?

8 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Just caught a snippet of the Alan Hansen interview on the BBC, he was asked about Heysel and went on about how the stadium was falling apart and how the Juventus fans were attacking Liverpool fans.....

Switched it off straight away! Scouse cunt!

The seeds for that night were sown 12 months before in Rome , my cousin and his dad went to the 84 Final and some of the reports he told me were frightening , and that was before Roma lost .

A few lads on here have posted about violence we recieved at Liverpool in the late 70's , so it could be said they were getting some pay back , but let's not pretend the Juventus fans/ Ultras that were stood next to the scousers were a bunch of meek sheep just waiting for the game to start. 

Edited by dusan nikolic

All valid points , Though Hansen is naturally going to defend the Liverpool point of view , especially all the years of the Juve trouble makers being painted as totally innocent , I remember also seeing an Arsenal shirt during one of the Liverpool charges.

One uncomfortable bit of footage was Michel Platini jigging around with the trophy , when he must have been aware of all the deaths of his own clubs supporters.

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I get Hansen has to try and defend a club he played for the majority of his career, you don't want upset Liverpool fans or they become rabid dogs. But to basically exempt them from blame is just totally deluded, maybe he did later in the interview, like i said i switched off.

May be Platini didn't know about the deaths, he will have been aware of trouble for sure.

I think Dalglish took the same stance in his book , better to just say blame lay at all sides ( Including Uefa) and then try and work on making sure it never happens again.

Regarding Platini , the Liverpool players knew about the deaths and the Juve fans started rioting when word spread ( perhaps understandably) , so I'm not convinced that Slimy tosser Platini knew nothing about it.

Here in Nottingham , the Forest lot hate Liverpool and their fans with a passion , there is no Hillsborough sympathy with the ones who I know well.

1 hour ago, dusan nikolic said:

Here in Nottingham , the Forest lot hate Liverpool and their fans with a passion , there is no Hillsborough sympathy with the ones who I know well.

I'd agree with that re. the Forest fans I know here. But theres also often a strangely high proportion of older blokes wearing Liverpool shirts in the city centre from what I've seen, people who when they were young would have been around when Forest and Liverpool were competing with eachother for everything.

I'd have thought it would be a totally anti-Liverpool city after everything that's gone on between them down the years, but that's definitely not the case.

8 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I'd agree with that re. the Forest fans I know here. But theres also often a strangely high proportion of older blokes wearing Liverpool shirts in the city centre from what I've seen, people who when they were young would have been around when Forest and Liverpool were competing with eachother for everything.

I'd have thought it would be a totally anti-Liverpool city after everything that's gone on between them down the years, but that's definitely not the case.

I agree , I'm near Eastwood so you have a lot of older Forest who hate them , the younger ones don't seem arsed either way. When I was at school it was Liverpool and Everton with a small smattering of United and a lone Bolton Fan .

16 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I agree , I'm near Eastwood so you have a lot of older Forest who hate them , the younger ones don't seem arsed either way. When I was at school it was Liverpool and Everton with a small smattering of United and a lone Bolton Fan .

Still probably one more than any County fans! Been here 4 years and met 2.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Still probably one more than any County fans! Been here 4 years and met 2.

Yep it's a funny one with County , there seemed fucking loads of them in 1990 when they beat us in the play offs , but even around my village they are few and far between these days , it used to be an even(ish) spread between them and Forest. Whereabouts are you in Notts , city centre?

1 hour ago, dusan nikolic said:

Yep it's a funny one with County , there seemed fucking loads of them in 1990 when they beat us in the play offs , but even around my village they are few and far between these days , it used to be an even(ish) spread between them and Forest. Whereabouts are you in Notts , city centre?

They seem to get decent crowds, I've been to watch them a couple of times and there wasnt much less than 10k on but in work/social I've met just the 2!

I live in Bingham, people don't really have much interest in anything other than moaning on the local Facebook page in this town 😆

2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

They seem to get decent crowds, I've been to watch them a couple of times and there wasnt much less than 10k on but in work/social I've met just the 2!

I live in Bingham, people don't really have much interest in anything other than moaning on the local Facebook page in this town 😆

It's nice at Bingham , I used to go in a couple of pubs at Redmile a few years ago.

4 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

I think Dalglish took the same stance in his book , better to just say blame lay at all sides ( Including Uefa) and then try and work on making sure it never happens again.

Regarding Platini , the Liverpool players knew about the deaths and the Juve fans started rioting when word spread ( perhaps understandably) , so I'm not convinced that Slimy tosser Platini knew nothing about it.

It's hard to understand not having sympathy with children going to a football match and not going home regardless of which team you support, if it had happened to my son I would be broken 

7 minutes ago, Revelredne1961 said:

It's hard to understand not having sympathy with children going to a football match and not going home regardless of which team you support, if it had happened to my son I would be broken 

I find it bizarre also , at the end of the Day it's a game of sport and people holding 30 year grudges because you thought you might get to a Cup Final is baffling. But saying that the hatred towards Liverpool is there , I've seen it nearly come to blows many a time when alcohol and Hillsborough becomes mixed.

Edited by dusan nikolic

9 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

It's nice at Bingham , I used to go in a couple of pubs at Redmile a few years ago.

Oh yeah Redmile is really nice, her parents live in Bottesford near there, that whole area is as good as anywhere for countryside walking.

Bingham is growing far too fast though, got a small village centre and a tiny train station yet the new estates theyve built around it have made the population about 3 times bigger than it should be! 

Jason Lee lives near here. That's the only other interesting fact I have 🤣

Just now, Marc505 said:

Oh yeah Redmile is really nice, her parents live in Bottesford near there, that whole area is as good as anywhere for countryside walking.

Bingham is growing far too fast though, got a small village centre and a tiny train station yet the new estates theyve built around it have made the population about 3 times bigger than it should be! 

Jason Lee lives near here. That's the only other interesting fact I have 🤣

I know a lot of Auf Wiedersehen Pet was filmed around Bingham/Redmile , the Pub that they stay at is in Redmile (The Windmill Inn) . Have the Bus services from Notts improved in Frequency at all.

9 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I know a lot of Auf Wiedersehen Pet was filmed around Bingham/Redmile , the Pub that they stay at is in Redmile (The Windmill Inn) . Have the Bus services from Notts improved in Frequency at all.

I never knew that! Nah its crap, nothing direct either got to go through Radcliffe and W Bridgford to get into town.

Better weather than Smithills at least!

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

I never knew that! Nah its crap, nothing direct either got to go through Radcliffe and W Bridgford to get into town.

Better weather than Smithills at least!

Yep it's a ballache getting there , and it seems to be a long trip from the city. Whereabouts does the trains go to from there?

1 minute ago, dusan nikolic said:

Yep it's a ballache getting there , and it seems to be a long trip from the city. Whereabouts does the trains go to from there?

Notts one way, Grantham and Skeggy other direction... which I never thought until recently would come in handy for a league game but Lincoln and now Grimsby are in easy reach.

That Norwich-Liverpool line stops here too so can get back to Manc it just takes forever.

3 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I went Meadow Lane this/last season, improved hell of a lot since my last visit watching Bolton. Pubs in the city are still bang on but devoid of any County fans milling about.

It really is great for drinking in the city centre just a long uphill trek from the station to the main areas which nearly finished a couple of people off after that last game of season at Forest...

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

It really is great for drinking in the city centre just a long uphill trek from the station to the main areas which nearly finished a couple of people off after that last game of season at Forest...

The tram outside the station into the city centre saves a long walk up that hill. I bet a lot of away fans just sup in the bars along the canal.