Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Takeaways and delivery

globaldiver

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

How far is considered acceptable to travel to collect an order from Cherry Tree/Axe place/Jon’s Chippy? 🤔 

Under current circumstances, any distance 

• Site Supporter
21 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

How far is considered acceptable to travel to collect an order from Cherry Tree/Axe place/Jon’s Chippy? 🤔 

When we called in at Jon's (been working nearby) I suggested we nipped up to George's lane to scoff them- decent view.

We'd been gone a bit before I asked t'other half if she'd remembered forks.

Had she fuck!

Quick 10 mile drive to get home whilst still warm- which it was.

Not sure if that helps like.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

When we called in at Jon's (been working nearby) I suggested we nipped up to George's lane to scoff them- decent view.

We'd been gone a bit before I asked t'other half if she'd remembered forks.

Had she fuck!

Quick 10 mile drive to get home whilst still warm- which it was.

Not sure if that helps like.

9.3 miles according to Google, so if I get stopped en route then I shall quote this and chuck you under the bus 😊 

46 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

The Axe place tonight

Here's hoping

Pickup or delivery?

If you are picking up, the turn off Blackburn Road forks, take the road on the right. (No pun intended and hth 😀)

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

Just now, RoadRunnerFan said:

Pickup or delivery?

If you are picking up, the turn off Blackburn Road forks, take the road on the right. (No pun intended and hth 😀)

I grew up/was dragged up over there, but muchas gracias!

Just now, boltondiver said:

I grew up/was dragged up over there, but muchas gracias!

I lived nearby until three/four years ago and thought I knew where it was, which I did really, just took the wrong option on the fork into the industrial estate. I headed towards where Global Interoirs used to be at the top. 

Enjoy in any case. 

De nada.

I've noticed a number of takeaways that were shut are now open - apparently using 'business as usual' type practices - rather than safety first measures like BlakeleyWhite's place...

Most of these gaffs I'd think twice about ordering from even in normal circumstances.

I think lots of folk have just independently decided a stepdown of isolation is in order.

Reckon' there'll be mini-spikes down the line...

Not to be too bleak, if anyone wants cheering up over timelines have a read about the Hong Kong 'Flu Pandemic 😢...

Did the pick up from cherry tree last Sunday and it was fantastic, so it’s same again this week, and thankfully Skippers chippy opened today in Euxton so it’s first chippy tea for months, both business have a great online buying portal with allotted collection times. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Did the pick up from cherry tree last Sunday and it was fantastic, so it’s same again this week, and thankfully Skippers chippy opened today in Euxton so it’s first chippy tea for months, both business have a great online buying portal with allotted collection times. 

Same here, Cherry Tree again this Sunday. The slow braised Angus beef.

I’m picking up at 2 and will wear my Donald Trump mask so you can spot me and give me a wave 😉

Edited by Spider

19 minutes ago, Spider said:

Same here, Cherry Tree again this Sunday. The slow braised Angus beef.

I’m picking up at 2 and will wear my Donald Trump mask so you can spot me and give me a wave 😉

Yep the slow cooked beef, I’m 12.30, wearing a Union Jack ensemble and waving a blue passport. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

My mate from school used to own that place think he still does. Never been on the basis It wasn’t Italian owned. I’m funny like that. Is it actually any good??

I went around 18 months ago and it was really good.

Bumped into a couple of mates from years ago too.

Yep, Italian menu but I think the owner was Turkish?

4 minutes ago, Steejay said:

I went around 18 months ago and it was really good.

Bumped into a couple of mates from years ago too.

Yep, Italian menu but I think the owner was Turkish?

Must have changed hands then. Was a Chinese lad and his brother that owned it. Maybe sold it on. Owns a few chippys as well and was moving into commercial property last time I seen him about 5 years ago. 

22 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

My mate from school used to own that place think he still does. Never been on the basis It wasn’t Italian owned. I’m funny like that. Is it actually any good??

Same.
I only eat Italian cooked by Italians.

Mario's in Bacup is excellent and ridiculously reasonably priced.

30 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Must have changed hands then. Was a Chinese lad and his brother that owned it. Maybe sold it on. Owns a few chippys as well and was moving into commercial property last time I seen him about 5 years ago. 

I thought he was Chinese too. He also owns Chao Baby in Egerton