Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Corona Football Season

HomerJay

Corona Football Season  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, HomerJay said:

This is not you think should happen, but what you think will happen.

Face it, whats is speculated on here is usally gospel anyway,

Well if anyone give us 33% of staying up after the 7-1 drubbing at Accrington you would have thought they were lunatics

I went for season will stand and we go down

1 hour ago, Tungsten3 said:

Behind closed doors it could finish, cost a lot though with noone through the doors

How can you have it behind closed doors if we can't have folk together who don't live together? Can't keep the country indoors but let folk have a kick about.

Just now, Hoppy510 said:

Question: if the season is voided will we start next season on minus 12?

Presume so, but TBH I'd settle for that given that we won't have to send out the U16s for the first 6 games.

When we got the -12 we held our hands up and took it on the chin. No argument. But there is an argument to be had that we shouldn't get it again. We had to work with it. Suffered because of it and structured our season around it. I'm not saying it's a good argument , but it's one that deserves to be heard.

2 minutes ago, Underpants said:

When we got the -12 we held our hands up and took it on the chin. No argument. But there is an argument to be had that we shouldn't get it again. We had to work with it. Suffered because of it and structured our season around it. I'm not saying it's a good argument , but it's one that deserves to be heard.

Yes but they'll argue that if the season is voided we didn't serve our penalty as it were.

29 minutes ago, Traf said:

But minus 12 affected out ability to recruit, it could be argued.

That's my point. The punishment created the environment.  It's a bit like being sentenced to 9 months in prison. Then getting a retrial after 7 months, losing and getting the 9 months again.

It's an argument to be had.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

This season will be completed 

I think this season will go ahead eventually even at the expense of next season being the one curtailed. 

That way they can put new rules in place to make it different from the start rather than as an afterthought. (Which would be the danger for this season)

9 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I think this season will go ahead eventually even at the expense of next season being the one curtailed. 

That way they can put new rules in place to make it different from the start rather than as an afterthought. (Which would be the danger for this season)

My thoughts 

things can be done next season, scrap cups etc 

• Site Supporter

I reckon the World Cup being in winter gives us enough time to complete this season. Start beginning of August, finish by the end of September. New season starts beginning of December and finishes end of September.

Transfer window open from the end of current season to 31 Jan 

3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I reckon the World Cup being in winter gives us enough time to complete this season. Start beginning of August, finish by the end of September. New season starts beginning of December and finishes end of September.

Transfer window open from the end of current season to 31 Jan 

Got euros and international qualifiers don’t forget 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Got euros and international qualifiers don’t forget 

Oh aye. In that case, ask Auntie Sharon what suits Bolton best and we’ll run with that - everyone else has to follow suit. We’re Bolton Wanderers, we’ll play when we want

get this one finished  , however long it takes .. 

play the next two seasons over three years. 

that might not be right but summat like that.. that way you dont lose the nearly completed season , just one of the future ones..