Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Corona Football Season

HomerJay

Corona Football Season  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Where have you seen the £30 for bt sport?

only thing I see is £25 pass for non bt customers  

The £25 is only through the app on your phone or laptop 

It’s £30 a month through your sky set up and TV from what I could see 

That's the usual full rate you pay when everything is on as normal, it’s also £30 a month more than others are paying who have had their subscriptions frozen until further notice as their is no sport on. £10 - £15 a month and I would have had it

Be interesting to see if BT start to charge all the frozen subscriptions anything just because the German league has re started 

Just now, birch-chorley said:

The £25 is only through the app on your phone or laptop 

It’s £30 a month through your sky set up and TV from what I could see 

That's the usual full rate you pay when everything is on as normal, it’s also £30 a month more than others are paying who have had their subscriptions frozen until further notice as their is no sport on. £10 - £15 a month and I would have had it

Be interesting to see if BT start to charge all the frozen subscriptions anything just because the German league has re started 

Not sure then 

I’m on Virgin they have cut my bill by £28 pm

i could understand a token amount to watch bundesliga but the full amount seems steep 

• Members
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Premier league verdict? 

All managers/Captains/club docs meeting with the PL.

Training, disinfected pitches, masks, no tackling. Very odd.

A lot of players aren’t best pleased

14 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

All managers/Captains/club docs meeting with the PL.

Training, disinfected pitches, masks, no tackling. Very odd.

A lot of players aren’t best pleased

The players could take a substantial pay cut and football could be postponed for longer 

Without taking a pay cut they need to find a way to be able kick a ball safely or no money is coming in to fund their wages 

• Members
8 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

The players could take a substantial pay cut and football could be postponed for longer 

Without taking a pay cut they need to find a way to be able kick a ball safely or no money is coming in to fund their wages 

There’s an argument for that definitely 

1 hour ago, MalcolmW said:

Also EFL meetings today.

They are a bunch of clowns in charge of the EFL. League 1 and 2 clubs should put two fingers up at trying to play the remaining games behind closed doors and especially now it will go beyond the end of June when contracts expire

3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

They are a bunch of clowns in charge of the EFL. League 1 and 2 clubs should put two fingers up at trying to play the remaining games behind closed doors and especially now it will go beyond the end of June when contracts expire

I would rather have these clowns  than the money orientated greed merchants at the top of the game who will play at any cost if I’m honest 

On 01/05/2020 at 12:18, bolton va va said:

Not so good news for us, the bottom 2 in France have been relegated. It will be interesting to see if one of them ( Amiens ) makes any sort of appeal/legal action, since they still had a reasonable mathematical chance of escaping.

As expected, Amiens are taking legal action against their relegation. .If they were to win, it could be helpful to us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52635003

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Ani said:

Am I the only who would rather see us relegated than try and play games ? 

I don't think it's about playing out the rest of the season - I think most people know that's not going to happen in Lgs 1 & 2.

However, there are still arguments about whether promotions/relegations are happening.

It'll just cascade down once the Premiership decide what they're doing.

If they relegate - which they should if they're playing - then the rest of us will also promote/relegate.

If the greedy fuckers decide that there's no relegation, then I don't see how the other leagues can promote/relegate.

21 minutes ago, Ani said:

I would be ok with that, we just need clarity now and not the complication of sorting short term contracts and organising behind closed doors games when we are as good as down anyway. 

Start again in L2 in a sustainable way, sell some season tickets for the next season and begin the journey back.

If we could apply to get the Reebok used as a Premier League neutral venue for their behind closed doors games it may bring us some additional revenue. I'd rather that happened now. 

29 minutes ago, Ani said:

No I think that’s the best option for us as a club/business. Others will disagree due to lower revenue in league 2 but I think it’s the lesser of two evils 

I'd give anything for a reprieve. Even starting on -12, with a bit of time to assemble a squad, a bit of a pre season to bed them in, not forfeiting the first 6 games again & the chance of a few clubs being in financial trouble should give us a chance of finishing with at least 4 below us & starting to climb again.

Apart from ticking off a few grounds, div 2 will be awful.....by escaping at the death last time, it's easy to forget how bad it is. Crap football. flat home games with 30 away fans making more noise than ours & away teams enjoying playing on our ground, away matches with 3/4000 crowds, a financial hit to the club & if we fuck it up, falling into non league.

I'd take a fight in div 1 any day ahead of the usual fantasy that relegation means lots of wins & exciting trips out.....we should know now that it doesn't usually work out like that.

5 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

It's about as competitive as the Scotch league anyway.This season is Celtic's 9th title in a row and Bayern's 8th title in a row.

At least the Scotch league has one of the world's great derbies.

Absolute drivel 

only comparison is the one club domination of the title 

German league is one of the best around 

Scottish football is a complete joke 

1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

I'd give anything for a reprieve. Even starting on -12, with a bit of time to assemble a squad, a bit of a pre season to bed them in, not forfeiting the first 6 games again & the chance of a few clubs being in financial trouble should give us a chance of finishing with at least 4 below us & starting to climb again.

Apart from ticking off a few grounds, div 2 will be awful.....by escaping at the death last time, it's easy to forget how bad it is. Crap football. flat home games with 30 away fans making more noise than ours & away teams enjoying playing on our ground, away matches with 3/4000 crowds, a financial hit to the club & if we fuck it up, falling into non league.

I'd take a fight in div 1 any day ahead of the usual fantasy that relegation means lots of wins & exciting trips out.....we should know now that it doesn't usually work out like that.

This 100%, unless you’ve experienced the bottom tier you don’t realise the drop off in quality, crowds, turnover, add to that the overheads of running a stadium like ours further hampers us, there is no guarantee we’d bounce back up and every chance that with our cost base we drop further, staying in league one would be an unbelievable result for us. 

13 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

don’t be fooled by loss of revenue if we go down 

season ticket sales won’t be different, and if we started again on -12 I bet you we would get more sales in league 2 

Aye but it is dire in L2 .Last time we scroped up which made the experience ok.But it was fookin awful .

L1 & -12 will do me  with the added bonus of playing all the moaning cnts like Doncaster oh what fun we could have !

We could have a new chant'Love the EFL , Love the EFL' etc.

Edited by Take Hunt Off