Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Corona Football Season

HomerJay

Corona Football Season  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have read this topic for several weeks now .... 

Here are my thoughts ..

We as supporters are not going to be sat in our seats ...or even stood in our seats .. during the year 2020. At best guess i would say august 2021.

Should professional  football at any level restart? Nobody appears to be counselling the footballers . Football is a contact sport, if i was a pro footballer i would not be putting my health in danger and that of my family by running around a pitch with 20 plus sweaty other men. These are young men , with children, pregnant partners . I would refuse to play .. It is a total joke to consider restarting. We cannot get students and children back in school safely , how on earth will you get footballers on the pitch in safety .

The games in germany this weekend are going to be farcial.

Life is too important.  Cancel the season , mothball the clubs, until it is safe to restart. 

Oh and while we are at it sack Mr Onions . I dont want to see him in our dugout ever again .

Was that a rant ..

58 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

League Two agreed no more matches (Except possibly play-offs).

League One - no agreement reached today, so reconvene on Monday.

Todays EFL decision tells us that it is definitely League 2 next season for us. Whether we play the remaining games or not we are down

13 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I suspect we’ll be on the “crack on” stage with the gates open by the end of November, personally. Whether we’re in a position to play any games behind closed doors prior to that is another matter really. 

If the numbers of cases keep falling at the present rate I reckon by September we can start the season without closed doors

1 hour ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

I have read this topic for several weeks now .... 

Here are my thoughts ..

We as supporters are not going to be sat in our seats ...or even stood in our seats .. during the year 2020. At best guess i would say august 2021.

Should professional  football at any level restart? Nobody appears to be counselling the footballers . Football is a contact sport, if i was a pro footballer i would not be putting my health in danger and that of my family by running around a pitch with 20 plus sweaty other men. These are young men , with children, pregnant partners . I would refuse to play .. It is a total joke to consider restarting. We cannot get students and children back in school safely , how on earth will you get footballers on the pitch in safety .

The games in germany this weekend are going to be farcial.

Life is too important.  Cancel the season , mothball the clubs, until it is safe to restart. 

Oh and while we are at it sack Mr Onions . I dont want to see him in our dugout ever again .

Was that a rant ..

Troy Deeney was asked for his counsel and said this

If I feel that I'm not looking after my family, then I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to put my family at risk.

"What are they going to do, take money off me? I've been broke before so it doesn't bother me.

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Troy Deeney was asked for his counsel and said this

If I feel that I'm not looking after my family, then I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to put my family at risk.

"What are they going to do, take money off me? I've been broke before so it doesn't bother me.

Which is fair enough, if folk don’t want to take a small risk then don’t expect a wage or a furlough payment either 

Covid could be about for years, we can’t all sit at home on full money until it disappears 

It’s a good job the staff at all the supermarkets have put their families at risk and gone into work otherwise we would have all starved to death 

At the end of the day this whole lockdown has been about stopping the NHS getting overrun, we’ve done that, time to get back to work, footballers included 

• Moderators

Good shout on supermarkets

Bet those refusing to leave ther houses now have been using them

Ive seen 4 people directly affected by this

Me, furloughed from a week after lockdown, just cos customers closed

Daughter, proper lockdown in the desert, clocking in at normal time, delivering a lesson by youtube and being available all day to support her class

Mrs, nhs so theres folk clapping her every thursday, despite her being behind a big glass screen

Then my lad, exposed to all comers

I think hes had the worst deal out of the 4 of us, by far

2 hours ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Sky News breaking news ... bad news ...R is back to 1 ...not good at all  

The data is three weeks old and the numbers being tested positive is coming down so it is likely to be well below 1 now

Its a guess at the moment anyway with many statisticians getting different values

God I am disappointed that we are going down; did think we had a good chance of them scrapping relegation

27 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

The data is three weeks old and the numbers being tested positive is coming down so it is likely to be well below 1 now

Its a guess at the moment anyway with many statisticians getting different values

God I am disappointed that we are going down; did think we had a good chance of them scrapping relegation

Sounds like it's not over yet but certainly looking like it, a lot of egos running L1 clubs isn't there.

It's been said many times but dear god imagine if KA was at the helm through this lot.

remember when it first started and the internet delivery slots said things like "we can deliver your food in september 2022"

that stopped the "you should never ever leave your house" talk by the AWFLs pretty quick. 

therell be hairdressers exemption petitions by june. 

not really in the right thread , but once it drags on slightly more, there'll be kyle walkering all over the show. dreaded lurgy or no. 

Edited by e2e4
erm

5 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

If the numbers of cases keep falling at the present rate I reckon by September we can.

Not a chance in my opinion.  The improvement in death rate (7 day averages are reducing by a third every fortnight) will be slowed or even reversed because of the easing of lockdown, especially if schools reopen.  And even if the improvement continues, the government (and majority of the public) aren't going to waste the improvement in 4 months by allowing a return to mass gatherings.  Not without a cure or vaccine or some form of protection via the antibody tests or track or trace, etc.  Its not just about death rates reducing, its about some assurance that people and players are going to be safe in the medium term.

but once it drags on slightly more, there'll be kyle walkering all over the show. dreaded lurgy or no. 

ten minutes later..

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

September 2020, we all storm the fucking stadium!

:lol:

7 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Todays EFL decision tells us that it is definitely League 2 next season for us. Whether we play the remaining games or not we are down

What decision is this? League 1 clubs agreed nowt yet. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper