Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Corona Football Season

HomerJay

Corona Football Season  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

See, palios takes a position that we go no relegation

Teams 3 to 10, whatever, pushing for play offs, agree no relegation

Southend and tranmere jump on board with them

Its politics and isnt over yet

No-one is relegated until the play-offs are completed.

Just need 3 clubs to fold before then to avoid relegation.

One suggestion I have heard is that EFL will extend to include National League top tier to form Two North and South.

58 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

No-one is relegated until the play-offs are completed.

Just need 3 clubs to fold before then to avoid relegation.

One suggestion I have heard is that EFL will extend to include National League top tier to form Two North and South.

Will that scenario see us in the same league as Chorley? 

Fuck me 

Edit, that league 2 north could well include...

Tranmere, Port Vale, Salford, Oldham, Morecambe, Macclesfield, Barrow, Harrogate, Halifax, Stockport, Hartlepool, Wrexham, Fylde and Chorley 

Absolute carnage putting us in with that lot 

Edited by birch-chorley

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Fuck me 

Port Vale, Salford, Oldham, Morecambe, Macclesfield, Barrow, Harrogate, Halifax, Stockport, Hartlepool, Wrexham, Fylde and Chorley 

Where do i sign????? 😍

Interesting wording of the rules of the leagues that I heard on a podcast yesterday, that I'm sure lawyers would make themselves a nice little earner over arguing.

Premier League rulebook states the season is over once every team has played eachother twice.

EFL rulebook says the season is over after the last game is played.

I suppose EFL could turn round and say an "act of god" has meant that last game has now been played, do one. But its probably not worth the war it'd cause.

4 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Fuck me 

Tranmere, Port Vale, Salford, Oldham, Morecambe, Macclesfield, Barrow, Harrogate, Halifax, Stockport, Hartlepool, Wrexham, Fylde and Chorley 

Its a great line up of away trips and yes carnage, but that must rely on there being no relegation if Chorley and Fylde are included?  Which means we stay in League 1, not regionalised. 

Palios makes a valid point about changing the rules in the middle of a season, its farcical!

I've said it all along, null and void will happen because every other solution benefits someone at someone else's expense,and therefore will be challenged. Null and void doesn't, so that why it will happen as it's the best of a bad bunch.

No one has been promoted or relagated as yet, so why are the league so scared of saying 'act of god' let's go again next season??

4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

By all means start again in league one if it means no -12

if not get to fuck take league 2 

Think this is my view. - 12 again would be a fucking psychological blow for fans who may not bother returning, financially for the club losing out on fans and for the squad as we are probably less attractive than a league 2 side with a shout of play offs (they don't need to know we ain't). 

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Think this is my view. - 12 again would be a fucking psychological blow for fans who may not bother returning, financially for the club losing out on fans and for the squad as we are probably less attractive than a league 2 side with a shout of play offs (they don't need to know we ain't). 

Said the same yesterday 

You can see it get the announcement this week start league one again then we’re waiting again for a decision on the points yet more time dragging can’t prepare etc 

But who knows the financial situation at all the other clubs by the time it all starts back up.

We probably in a good place given all dross we can let go in summer.

So - 12 in Div 1 with decent squad any day, could still make play-offs!

However the - 12 will not be carried over as doubt very much anything legally binding to say the deduction is contingent on season ending!!

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

We aren’t starting again on -12 no matter what. That’s not happening 

Unless that's part two of the vote

If null and void, should bolton start on -12

• Members
50 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Unless that's part two of the vote

If null and void, should bolton start on -12

The legal issues the league will have to dock us points again will be astronomical. We could argue we’ve been punished twice and it was out of our hands

Im calling it now, promotions and no relegation with the league being bigger for one year only.

If we get relegated because of shit results fair enough that’s bad management and we live with the financial consequences.

But being relegated and having our finances slashed over something which is out of our control. Clubs will go bust because of that. Not happening I’m my opinion and they put the writing on the wall with L2. 

Yeah we’ve always been down but that’s irrelevant unless we’re gonna treat each club individually.

Edited by Rudy’s Message

5 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I'm  calling it now, promotions and no relegation which the league being bigger for one year only.

This!

Promotions to pacify those at the top, the only fly in the ointment for the league maybe Peterborough or the like. They make kick off, but that likely to prevent anyone being promoted rather than impact us.