Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Corona Football Season

HomerJay

Corona Football Season  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, Ani said:

Having watched 2 minutes of the German football with no fans at weekend pretty clear no way will any broadcaster be paying top dollar for football without fans. Which mains the safety and well being of fans will soon be a secondary issue. 

I think the plan would be to show more games in order to off set the drop off in quality without fans 

I’d imagine all PL games next season will be available to watch in the U.K. - as they have planned to do this season 

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Having watched 2 minutes of the German football with no fans at weekend pretty clear no way will any broadcaster be paying top dollar for football without fans. Which mains the safety and well being of fans will soon be a secondary issue. 

I don't know about that. Apparently, the viewing figures for the Borussia Dortmund match were five times as high as they normally are.

The novelty might ware off, but if last weekend is anything to go by plenty of people are watching.

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Utterly amazed if anybody on here thought we were actually getting a reprieve. Was about as far fetched as some of the shit on the brexit thread that notion. 

Our bet is void 

like you say never happening 

tranmere & Peterborough can cry all they want tough shit 

• Site Supporter

are we down yet?

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Utterly amazed if anybody on here thought we were actually getting a reprieve. Was about as far fetched as some of the shit on the brexit thread that notion. 

not really.

In that chart of expected votes the other day 9 league one clubs wanted to carry on playing, 7 wanted to end the season now, 1 wanted null and void and the other 6 were undecided.They might vote to carry on which would be funny.

The 6 undecideds were Doncaster, Tranmere, Bolton, Wimbledon, Mk Dons and Blackpool,

Travelling football fan in peace. Just wondering what you guys think of the latest announcement. How do you think bolton will vote? With you being 21 points from safety do you think your owners will want to save the money on all the tests and requirements needed to restart.

10 minutes ago, Cc2310 said:

Travelling football fan in peace. Just wondering what you guys think of the latest announcement. How do you think bolton will vote? With you being 21 points from safety do you think your owners will want to save the money on all the tests and requirements needed to restart.

Yes they Will imo. And it makes absolute sense. If we restart again we will end up playing kids again and that benefits nobody 

8 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

There some lucky fuckers down at the bottom of the Championship

They’re going to play on, presumably?

Edit: I expect more of them will vote to play on. Plus, aren’t they about to start training?

Edited by Jol_BWFC

On 19/05/2020 at 09:56, Benny The Ball said:

Saw this earlier - shows how Iles and his equivalent Journos at the local papers think the respective clubs in League one will vote 

Think its mainly a case of  Me Me Me - where it leaves a decision is anyones guess 

In the light of todays news I don't see why on earth the 9 teams below Ipswich (who weren't going to make the playoffs anyhow in reality) would vote to carry on - they either end up with the cost and hassle or run the risk of going down. No point in us or Southend doing differently as we're screwed anyhow so the cost and hassle is pointless. No chance Cov or Rotherham changing their mind. So that's 13 (14 if Wycombe decide they might fuck the chance of playoffs up). So its goodbye Tranmere

• Members
11 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

They’re going to play on, presumably?

Edit: I expect more of them will vote to play on. Plus, aren’t they about to start training?

Still have to vote on it