Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Corona Football Season


Corona Football Season  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter

The 12 point deduction was set for a 46 match season, which has since been reduced to 44. If is applies in full (and it does) after 34 games then we are over-penalised.

However since we would be relegated anyway it is a moot point.

Playing a kids XI in remaining games would escape relegation only if 3 more clubs go to the wall before the play-offs are completed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are limiting numbers at funerals but the money men of football think they should be a special case ?    Fucking idiots. 

I'd give anything for a reprieve. Even starting on -12, with a bit of time to assemble a squad, a bit of a pre season to bed them in, not forfeiting the first 6 games again & the chance of a few c

Fine with it meself, don't get the hatred to be honest, now if it was the munich cunts I'd be laying land mines

  • Site Supporter

As i understand it there are two options on the table

Both of which relegate us

Fine, crack on

But Wycombe going from 8th to 3rd on PPG will piss off 7th downwards

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

 

But Wycombe going from 8th to 3rd on PPG will piss off 7th downwards

Funny though and couldn’t actually happen to a nicer club really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, passmosster said:

What happens if 3 clubs go belly up before the new season starts?

Entirely possible

Knowing our luck they will let Tranmere stay up and promote two other clubs

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

What do folk think about an unweighted ppg?

At first it seemed fair, but is there an argument that it should be tweaked to account for who you've played/got to play.

Or does that introduce another level of complexity, that clubs will argue over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
10 hours ago, passmosster said:

What happens if 3 clubs go belly up before the new season starts?

Entirely possible

The season ends when the play-off final is held (unless it is abandoned earlier). Clubs which have ceased to exist are demoted first. If they simply go into administration they will face a 12 point penalty next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What do folk think about an unweighted ppg?

At first it seemed fair, but is there an argument that it should be tweaked to account for who you've played/got to play.

Or does that introduce another level of complexity, that clubs will argue over.

Whichever one sends Tranmere down is fairest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Some mp on sky thinks up to 10 clubs will go into administration within weeks unless some bailout is found 

also saying the EFL is not fit for purpose in its current structure 

 

 

I bet he was a labour politician. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I bet he was a labour politician. 

Take your blinkers off, mate.

He's a Tory and former chair of the digital, culture, media and sport select committee.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Some mp on sky thinks up to 10 clubs will go into administration within weeks unless some bailout is found 

also saying the EFL is not fit for purpose in its current structure 

 

 

They’re not fit for purpose

They’re a governing body and should come up with plans and stick by them. 

iInstead their half arsed approach is farcical. 

Well we might go this route for the championship, then something different for L2,

Then what about L1? Err errr.

Its a shit situation and uncharted territory but that’s what they’re there for to make tough decisions in hard times. 
Rule a line across all of it. 

Top two go up.

Bottom three go down

 3rd plays 6th, 4th play 5th in semis.

One tie neutral ground , Wembley for arguments sake.
 

Everyone else I’m sorry it’s shit but that’s the way the cookie crumbles. It didn’t happen 2 games into the season it happened 35+ games, clubs saying they were banking on that last  stretch are talking bollocks.

They could settle it in a fortnight they could televise it all and make a bit of bunce doing so.

Ask the PL for help for lower clubs who will suffer financially due to the loss of games not for them all but look at their books, those on the brink get a bit of help 

A contribution from them, a contribution from each PL club.

It’s ruled by finance not common sense and logic as it should be. 

Someone Get Dick Parry on the blower I’ll sort this out in the ad break of The Chase

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

They’re not fit for purpose

They’re a governing body and should come up with plans and stick by them. 

iInstead their half arsed approach is farcical. 

Well we might go this route for the championship, then something different for L2,

Then what about L1? Err errr.

Its a shit situation and uncharted territory but that’s what they’re there for to make tough decisions in hard times. 
Rule a line across all of it. 

Top two go up.

Bottom three go down

 3rd plays 6th, 4th play 5th in semis.

One tie neutral ground , Wembley for arguments sake.
 

Everyone else I’m sorry it’s shit but that’s the way the cookie crumbles. It didn’t happen 2 games into the season it happened 35+ games, clubs saying they were banking on that last  stretch are talking bollocks.

They could settle it in a fortnight they could televise it all and make a bit of bunce doing so.

Ask the PL for help for lower clubs who will suffer financially due to the loss of games not for them all but look at their books, those on the brink get a bit of help 

A contribution from them, a contribution from each PL club.

It’s ruled by finance not common sense and logic as it should be. 

Someone Get Dick Parry on the blower I’ll sort this out in the ad break of The Chase

Get more sense out of Den Perry 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

They’re not fit for purpose

They’re a governing body and should come up with plans and stick by them. 

iInstead their half arsed approach is farcical. 

Well we might go this route for the championship, then something different for L2,

Then what about L1? Err errr.

Its a shit situation and uncharted territory but that’s what they’re there for to make tough decisions in hard times. 
Rule a line across all of it. 

Top two go up.

Bottom three go down

 3rd plays 6th, 4th play 5th in semis.

One tie neutral ground , Wembley for arguments sake.
 

Everyone else I’m sorry it’s shit but that’s the way the cookie crumbles. It didn’t happen 2 games into the season it happened 35+ games, clubs saying they were banking on that last  stretch are talking bollocks.

They could settle it in a fortnight they could televise it all and make a bit of bunce doing so.

Ask the PL for help for lower clubs who will suffer financially due to the loss of games not for them all but look at their books, those on the brink get a bit of help 

A contribution from them, a contribution from each PL club.

It’s ruled by finance not common sense and logic as it should be. 

Someone Get Dick Parry on the blower I’ll sort this out in the ad break of The Chase

Well said 

your wasted as chief cone collector😀

unfortunately money talks as they say 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Traf said:

Take your blinkers off, mate.

He's a Tory and former chair of the digital, culture, media and sport select committee.

What blinkers mine are historically red, you have to agree that virtually every request for the government to plough more money in comes from a Labour MP, and that’s part of the reason the country won’t trust them with the purse strings, sooner labour act financially responsibly the sooner they get back in power. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever colour that politicians was , he was spot on... whike he us at it he should have said so is the EPL / FA ... project restart  what an hyter farce..asking players to play a contact sport while there is a pandemic virus , spread by contact ... fools

36 minutes ago, Traf said:

Take your blinkers off, mate.

He's a Tory and former chair of the digital, culture, media and sport select committee.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Well said 

your wasted as chief cone collector😀

unfortunately money talks as they say 

 

It’s common sense. And they’re being short sighted.

They need a contingency plan in place if football can’t resume with fans next season because that’ll mean no season tickets and gate revenue. But there isn’t one

IMO they should be looking at setting up virtual season tickets, every game home and away you can watch at home and charge per month. They need revenue and it’s all well and good saying they can ask for the PL to bail them out but what if they turn round and say Yknow what it’s not our problem speak to the government 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

It’s common sense. And they’re being short sighted.

They need a contingency plan in place if football can’t resume with fans next season because that’ll mean no season tickets and gate revenue. But there isn’t one

IMO they should be looking at setting up virtual season tickets, every game home and away you can watch at home and charge per month. They need revenue and it’s all well and good saying they can ask for the PL to bail them out but what if they turn round and say Yknow what it’s not our problem speak to the government 

Yes as there’s no timescale on spectators being allowed clubs like you say need the revenue, I’ve read some clubs have set funding pages up that’s just crazy!

Virtual season ticket is good idea but there’s more than 1 season ticket holder per household and mates will just watch it together 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Yes as there’s no timescale on spectators being allowed clubs like you say need the revenue, I’ve read some clubs have set funding pages up that’s just crazy!

Virtual season ticket is good idea but there’s more than 1 season ticket holder per household and mates will just watch it together 

Which is true but if you want to give back to your club and help them survive then buy them individually, doing that you’re only contributing to the problem.

I wouldn’t be able to watch every game because I work a lot of the time (shitfan) but I’d still pay for it. Same as when I buy my ST now and miss 50% of games

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Which is true but if you want to give back to your club and help them survive then buy them individually, doing that you’re only contributing to the problem.

I wouldn’t be able to watch every game because I work a lot of the time (shitfan) but I’d still pay for it. Same as when I buy my ST now and miss 50% of games

Agree but unfortunately some won’t see it that way unless it’s dirt cheap of course

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The league should be decided on penalties; given that's how all other tournaments get decided.

Squad of 7, all teams in one stadium, all the remaining matches played back to back, including play-offs. No training needed, small squad could all be tested.

And what a great day's TV!!

PS. I said a few weeks ago I was amazed football did not already have a process/contingency in place for the early curtailment of a season, 

I am even more amazed now given the chaos it's created. Don't know why that question is not being asked of the authorities, I really don't!

 

Edited by JimmyRiddle
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.